Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (38) « First ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Gobbo Chris' Army, Completed Orc BSB on Boar
bloodforgedorcs
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 09:30 PM

Tutorial Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,509

As good as ever my friend, so well highlighted and so clean, very well detailed keep it up mate

bloodforgedorcs
cb_rex
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 12:33 PM

Warboss Azbad Bonecruncher

Member No.: 4,967

I've been working on the Howdah for my Araknarok Spider. Its magnetised so I can switch between Shaman and regular versions, I also added an extra platform to the front part of it along with some extra bits of wood carved out of sprue. I just felt the howdah was lacking standing space at the front when the shaman part isn't attached.

I'm not happy with the paint job on the howdah, (its the most fiddly awful thing to paint) and the colour scheme blends in with the spider making it look a bit boring but I'm hoping if I do a good job on the Goblins they'll stand out well and make up for it.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by cb_rex on Mar 14 2012, 12:35 PM
EntertainMe
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 12:43 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 2,893

QUOTE (cb_rex @ Mar 14 2012, 02:33 PM)
the colour scheme blends in with the spider making it look a bit boring but I'm hoping if I do a good job on the Goblins they'll stand out well and make up for it.

Indeed it blends.

I started looking from the bottom of the page an thought "wow" when I saw the howda.
However as I scrolled up and saw it in place it disappears on the spider.

But this should indeed make the gobo's stand out more.

Its a bit of a trade-off I guess.

This aside, it's wonderfully painted!

Grtz
-EM-
theorox
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 12:44 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

That looks really cool. smile.gif A bit colourless right now, but very good-looking indeed.

Theo
DaShee
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 05:21 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,798

I LOVE your army, the colour theme is so awsome and works really well. You have inspired me to get painting my O&G laugh.gif
cb_rex
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 01:23 AM

I'm happy you like the colour scheme DaShee, painting O+G is great fun, they're interesting models that take many colour schemes well, start an army blog it is a great way to get the motivation to paint!

I've finished the spider shaman and 2 of the standard crew, the other 5 are base coated and washed so it hopefully wont be too long until I get the model finshed.

user posted image
Gork Morksson
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 07:12 PM

Orc

Member No.: 5,801

Great work! Everything looks really good biggrin.gif
cb_rex
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 05:12 PM

I've finally finished my Araknarok about a year after I started it. smile.gif
It's such a huge awesome model to now have in my collection, the hardest part (other than the actual painting) was trying to figure out how to magnetise the Shaman Catchweb bit onto the rest of the howdah.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
amplebob
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 05:59 PM

Boss

Member No.: 5,413

Really nice spider. The green eyes stand out from the more muted tones on the rest of it, makes it look properly monstrous.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 06:30 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

Nice Spider! The base especially is lovely with the rocks and multitoned grass. Are you going to add anything that sticks out to it, or is the base done? Because as gorgeous as it is, I can't help but think that it is missing something.
cb_rex
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 07:19 PM

The base is a bit empty now you mention it. I just wanted it to look like generic battlefield, I might add some more interesting bits of vegetation. Thanks for the feedback.
cb_rex
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 10:55 PM

I finished my Boar Boy musician, I did a slight conversion on the boars head, turning it to the side slightly to create a bit of variation in the unit. I also painted the boars face considerably lighter than my previous boar boys, I'm not sure if I like it.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I've been trying to improve my painting technique, mainly on the Orc's skin and the black chipped armour and trying to increase the overall pop and brightness/cleanness of my painting after being inspired by seeing the 'Eavy Metal models in the flesh at Warhammer World. I'm trying to prepare myself to paint my Warboss (Gorbad) who I really want to do a nice job on as he's one of, if not my favourite GW miniature.

I'm also not happy with my camera, it's a crappy compact digital camera and I can't seem to get very consistent results from it. I'd love to buy a Canon Digital SLR, but they're not cheap. blink.gif

Opinions and suggestions for areas to improve are very welcome.

This post has been edited by cb_rex on Apr 3 2012, 10:56 PM
Wazoo
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 01:55 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 5,687

Nice, I really like the arachnarok, the colours may be very similar but the blending is great, it looks quite natural, for being a giant spider that is...

Wazoo
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 02:18 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

I like the skin on the boar's face. Maybe do a comparison shot so we can see exactly how much it differs from the others?
cb_rex
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the comments, here's the musician side by side with one of the earlier darker faces boars. This photo seems to have come out brighter than they look in real life, but I quite like both of the types of face, so I might not repaint the darker ones just basically I'll have a mix of the two, some with muddy snouts others, (the posh boars), that have had a flannel wash before the battle.

user posted image
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (38) « First ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0982 seconds | Archive