zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (38) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Gobbo Chris' Army, Completed Orc BSB on Boar
bloodforgedorcs
Posted: Nov 10 2009, 10:57 AM

Tutorial Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,509

hey cb_rex, fantastic models. Highlighting and skintone looks excellent and i really luve the green banner, looks awesome.
My only complaint is that the shield designs and the skin look too similar colourwise
i completly agree with this statement, models look even better when you use a third colour as a contrast, or spot color. A bright red on the shields and the eyes would really help and would fit well with the goblins skintone

bloodforgedorcs
BorkBork
Posted: Nov 10 2009, 11:09 AM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

QUOTE (bloodforgedorcs @ Nov 10 2009, 10:57 AM)

My only complaint is that the shield designs and the skin look too similar colourwise
i completly agree with this statement, models look even better when you use a third colour as a contrast, or spot color. A bright red on the shields and the eyes would really help and would fit well with the goblins skintone

I actually like the green shields, and the limited use of collor.

It gives a more sneaky atmosphere to the unit.

And never forget the psychological effect of a "dark" army on your opponent.

This post has been edited by BorkBork on Nov 10 2009, 11:11 AM
GRIMZAG BLOODTHUG
Posted: Nov 10 2009, 12:05 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 2,509

Very nice looking night gobbos.

Keep up the good work.

Also don't you just hate RLS(Real Life Syndrome) getting in the way of our hobby.
cb_rex
Posted: Nov 10 2009, 10:03 PM

Warboss Azbad Bonecruncher

Member No.: 4,967

Thanks for the comments guys, you've got a really good point with the shields, as you can probably tell I go in pretty heavy with the Badab black wash, and it really sucks the colour out of the yellow. I think I want to make the backgrounds of their shields green to match the green flag.

I promise to only paint a few Elves before I paint more Goblins, I think I'll paint the Boss from the Skull Pass set as I need someone painted to lead my army. RLS is quite distracting so I'm not sure when I'll get round to this, hopefully soon.

But for the time being here's my Idol of Gork...

user posted image

This post has been edited by cb_rex on Aug 10 2014, 11:47 PM
slannfrog
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 03:01 AM

Da' Thumpin' Warboss

Member No.: 2,888

Great Idol of Gork! I only wish we could use it in wish some cool rules.
Skartooth The Third
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 06:55 AM

Pandamonium

Member No.: 5,331

Great Idol of Gork! I only wish we could use it in wish some cool rules.

You can give it rules. Look on page 100 of the rule book under Arcane Monolith.

BTW really nice looking models you have there. I love the simple colour scheme and the use of washes. Keep it up.

Skar twocents.gif

This post has been edited by Skartooth The Third on Nov 11 2009, 06:56 AM
cb_rex
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 10:33 PM

As suggested I've added a strong green to the shields of my Spear Gobbos and painted their eyes.

user posted image

As for the Idol of Gork I found I pretty much had to use the special rules for it last time I played, to give my Goblin army half a chance on the battlefield. Without the Idol they just run away. Maybe I need a big mean Orc boss to stop them running away.

This post has been edited by cb_rex on Aug 10 2014, 11:51 PM
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 10:39 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Nice looking goblin unit you are working on. I really like the wood grain on them.

Rowdy's red banner might be usefull if your gobbos tend to panic a lot, it is a really good banner and might keep the ladz in check.

Greetz
G
cb_rex
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 11:02 PM

Just finished my BFSP Boss.

user posted image

Thanks for the suggestion of the Rowdy's red banner but I haven't got enough hero slots, or a suitable standard bearer model, my army is small and I play low points level games with my Goblins, so I was thinking of maybe either consolidating 2 units into one much bigger one, or maybe adding say 10 more goblins to each regiment to make them less likely to panic from suffering casualties.

This post has been edited by cb_rex on Aug 10 2014, 11:52 PM
slannfrog
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 11:51 PM

Da' Thumpin' Warboss

Member No.: 2,888

Cool boss.
Looks like the washes are workng out for ya.
Zug Dwarfcrusha
Posted: Nov 14 2009, 12:15 AM

Chaos Gobbo

Member No.: 5,553

Cool, though some highlights would be nice, these could be dark to emphasis this, though I think that the Gobbos' faces should have a small highlight, at least on their noses.happy.gif
Paiant Slapah
Posted: Nov 14 2009, 03:32 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 4,721

The change on the shields made a big difference and the units looks a lot better and more cohesive. Great job on the boss, especially the eyes.
cb_rex
Posted: Nov 19 2009, 09:04 PM

Thanks for the comments guys, I don't think the photo of my Boss has come out too well, although the highlighting on all of my Goblins is very minimal. I like them being dark and grubby little creatures, it also makes them quicker to paint. I should probably get a daylight bulb or something to help my photos come out better, (or maybe I should just wait until the weekend so I can take some photos during daylight hours).

On a different note, I'm afraid I have to own up to some bad behaviour. Rather than painting Greenskins, I've spent the last week painting the Musician for my Silver Helms. Its not an Orc or Goblin, but its quite green so I feel I should post it here, (seeing as my blog on Ulthuan.net got archived).

user posted image

user posted image

Its a fairly simple conversion as I really didn't like the plastic Silver Helm Musician bits, I never got him finished ages ago, I've also got a similarly converted standard bearer that I'm starting working on, before I can get back to work on my Goblins.

This post has been edited by cb_rex on Aug 10 2014, 11:55 PM
cb_rex
Posted: Dec 6 2009, 11:08 PM

Hello again fellow greenskins, sorry about the Elven outburst, lets get back on topic... I decided to model my Squig Boss with the sword as there's so many great cheap magic swords it would be silly to model him with a spear.

user posted image

user posted image

Hopefully the addition of the flying base makes it look like its bounding forwards, I didn't like the loose helmet the model comes with so removed and fixed his ear, he just needs painting now.

This post has been edited by cb_rex on Aug 10 2014, 11:56 PM
Draig
Posted: Dec 7 2009, 01:33 AM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 1,921

I like him! Got a great sense of movement about him, nice work mate.
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (38) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0934 seconds | Archive