zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Dwq 11 Now Available, Feedback welcome
Goofycabal
Posted: May 29 2008, 12:03 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

If we can get someone to write us up some How To's, we'd be MORE than happy to to include them in future issues biggrin.gif

Any volunteers?
jimbob1066e
Posted: May 29 2008, 12:31 AM

Paint and Hobby Mod === Herder of the famous squig Hairball
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,717

Howdy

Well there have been several floating around the p&h forum, so we could spiffy up one of those. OR we start with fresh ones for the mag.

I am game for one. Maybe a poll to determine a subject?

peace biggrin.gif
Goofycabal
Posted: May 29 2008, 04:05 AM

Group Icon

I wouldn't complain about running a poll on the subject. Best way to actually direct the 'How To' in the best possible manner.

Pointless on adding a "How to paint goblin toe-nails" if everyone wants to know how to paint spears red tongue.gif
Mostyn
Posted: May 29 2008, 06:57 AM

Da open minded git

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,159

Yeah, the obvious question is how to do what?

Maybe you could just have a regular article (say a page) entitled ‘how I paint my grots/boys’ and every month someone different shows us how they do their grots/boyz. Should be plenty of variety and on the orc boy or common goblin figures you’ve got the full range of things to paint – skin/leather/metal/cloth etc. etc. and plenty of scope for conversions.

Depends of course what people want to see but I’m happy to help so long as it’s not ‘how to sculpt fantastically with Green stuff’ as I’d rather be reading that one than contributing to it biggrin.gif
jimbob1066e
Posted: May 29 2008, 09:16 AM

Group Icon

Howdy

Ok so I am with mostyn - a quarterly article on 'how I do what' by artist. However we should add TECH only type as well. More p&h lol

Oh and for abducted: tutorials

Sometimes we need to know how kebabi paints skin or Brog does snow bases. However, sometimes we just need 10 opinions on painting wood...

So both methinks!

peace biggrin.gif
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: May 31 2008, 08:53 AM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

QUOTE (Mostyn @ May 29 2008, 06:57 AM)
Yeah, the obvious question is how to do what?

Maybe you could just have a regular article (say a page) entitled ‘how I paint my grots/boys’ and every month someone different shows us how they do their grots/boyz. Should be plenty of variety and on the orc boy or common goblin figures you’ve got the full range of things to paint – skin/leather/metal/cloth etc. etc. and plenty of scope for conversions.

Depends of course what people want to see but I’m happy to help so long as it’s not ‘how to sculpt fantastically with Green stuff’ as I’d rather be reading that one than contributing to it biggrin.gif

That is a great idea Mostyn. Do you perhaps have no intrest in doing the editing and finding volunteers for that sort of article?

Greetz
G
Goofycabal
Posted: May 31 2008, 10:37 AM

Group Icon

Sounds like a great idea to me - much better than what I was thinking of biggrin.gif
Doctor Gobbo
Posted: May 31 2008, 02:11 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 4,552

Hey DWQ team!

I just have a quick question....

Do you think, when you get a make-shift version of DWQ 12 working, do you suppose you could show me so I could see where you are putting my drawings? I'd like a little bit of say in the matter if that's at all possible. I don't mean to be pushy.....
Warlord Gromzarg
Posted: May 31 2008, 06:39 PM

The Canadian Warlord

Member No.: 3,895

QUOTE (Doctor Gobbo @ May 31 2008, 02:11 PM)
Hey DWQ team!

I just have a quick question....

Do you think, when you get a make-shift version of DWQ 12 working, do you suppose you could show me so I could see where you are putting my drawings? I'd like a little bit of say in the matter if that's at all possible. I don't mean to be pushy.....

I dont see a problem in the but yet again im not the one who decides that is Gazak that decides that. Well Im still thinking of a article I can do any ideas anyone? I really am down on idea at the moment.
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: May 31 2008, 06:44 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

For a make shift version of the DWQ you will need to contact goofy but we don't have one yet cause we just started working on it.

Greetz
G
Goofycabal
Posted: Jun 1 2008, 12:19 AM

Group Icon

I can do my best to get you a 'work in progress' copy of DWQ12 later on biggrin.gif

Though I may have to keep some of the articles 'greeked' tongue.gif
Doctor Gobbo
Posted: Jun 1 2008, 12:32 AM

Snotling

QUOTE (Goofycabal @ Jun 1 2008, 12:19 AM)
I can do my best to get you a 'work in progress' copy of DWQ12 later on biggrin.gif

Though I may have to keep some of the articles 'greeked' tongue.gif

That's fine. I would just like to see the layout. Maybe i could help with that. Whatever's fine with you.
jimbob1066e
Posted: Jun 1 2008, 07:42 AM

Group Icon

Howdy

Dr gobbo - if you feel the need for editorial comment, we can leave your art for other things.

The trouble here is that - what happens if you are not around when goof is doing the layout? Do we wait to release the mag until you respond? I am sure goof will try and accomidate you, but really we need to know it is ok to go on with out you. (something all staff and contributors have to accept, myself included!)

This particular issue is a perfect example - there are some admin only articles coming (just a few pages - but still). We appreciate your enthusiasm and your art, but why sould goof have to spend time 'hiding' things so you can say ok?

WE WANT YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS! And your thoughts, but perhaps joining the dwq team and working on one thing at time is the best way to help! For this issue - then you can pester us and take on more work!

peace biggrin.gif
Doctor Gobbo
Posted: Jun 2 2008, 02:46 AM

Snotling

QUOTE (jimbob1066e @ Jun 1 2008, 07:42 AM)
Howdy

Dr gobbo - if you feel the need for editorial comment, we can leave your art for other things.

The trouble here is that - what happens if you are not around when goof is doing the layout? Do we wait to release the mag until you respond? I am sure goof will try and accomidate you, but really we need to know it is ok to go on with out you. (something all staff and contributors have to accept, myself included!)

This particular issue is a perfect example - there are some admin only articles coming (just a few pages - but still). We appreciate your enthusiasm and your art, but why sould goof have to spend time 'hiding' things so you can say ok?

WE WANT YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS! And your thoughts, but perhaps joining the dwq team and working on one thing at time is the best way to help! For this issue - then you can pester us and take on more work!

peace biggrin.gif

lol. I wasn't trying to be a pain. I just wanted to see what you guys would be doing with my stuff, but I can wait for the finished product, it's cool.
jimbob1066e
Posted: Jun 2 2008, 08:26 PM

Group Icon

Howdy

no worries bud!

Like I said - goof will try and accomdate ya! We just needed to know it is ok to run with it, just in case.

All is well...

peace biggrin.gif
« Next Oldest | Da Warpath Quarterly | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0924 seconds | Archive