Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (13) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Wyvern Joust, The Calm Before The Storm - Final Monday
Mostyn
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 07:48 PM

Da open minded git

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,159

QUOTE (Draig @ Feb 17 2008, 07:42 PM)

QUOTE (Skarz)
Can I post a picture of my rider in this thread

Absolutely! Bonus points headed your way if you do wink.gif

Eeek! Better get down to GW and but a wyvern tomorrow morning! Those things can't take that long to paint....

My cunning plan has been sent. I've even got a devilish one for later rounds should I get there Muuahahahahah!!!! yarr.gif

This post has been edited by Mostyn on Feb 17 2008, 09:21 PM
Snotstaff
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 08:10 PM

A diplomat between the barbies and Da Path

Member No.: 2,127

Can I get extra points for a model with an invisible wywern!? (that's so imaginative!) ninja.gif
fauthsie
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 08:22 PM

Animosity Boyz

Member No.: 393

My not so cunning plan is in effect....wahahahah

Unfortunately, I do not have a camera to post a picture sad.gif
Warboss Skarz
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 08:52 PM

Orc

Member No.: 3,181

sadly no wyvern, just the rider. blink.gif
Anyway, here's Gatlag Grotslayer:
user posted image

user posted image
See skarz's blog for pictures of him on a boar.

Cheers, laugh.gif

Skarz
Goomb
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 02:43 AM

Generally Fluffy
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,967

Sorry, boys, I have been a-camping (which keeps coming out as "campaign" when I type it) with the scouts over the weekend and suffering from a nasty cold. I just woke up after a 4 hour nap, so I have to catch up. Klaw, are you ready with your character?

Goomb
thadoom
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 07:09 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 4,354

I have yust send in my character now lets hope he also comes out smile.gif

greets,

Doom
Draig
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 09:43 AM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 1,921

QUOTE (Goomb @ Feb 18 2008, 02:43 AM)
Sorry, boys, I have been a-camping (which keeps coming out as "campaign" when I type it) with the scouts over the weekend and suffering from a nasty cold. I just woke up after a 4 hour nap, so I have to catch up. Klaw, are you ready with your character?

Goomb

No rush Goomb, the spot is yours unless you don't have the time or the inclination. Hope you feel better ya git.
Draig
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 04:59 PM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Beware, beware, the flashing eyes, the floating hair! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!

You can come out from behind the sofa now 'Chasa, the opening ceremony is over.

Ah. Yes. It's those dancing Squigs you see, it's not natural....

Course not 'Chasa. Well folks, on the other side of the stadium it looks like Gitgit Snikgit the president of the Dishonourable Association of Jousters has finished his pre-tournament speech.

The crowd tore into him Bob...

They sure did 'Chasa. Literally. They don't seem happy, the snack cart must be out of Dwarf-onna-stick - I think you better lock the door.

What are you saying Bob? This isn't a beard. Face fungus is the latest fashion....

Sure it is 'Chasa, sure it is. So with this year's tournament about to start care to make a prediction? I think that's what we pay you for...

Well Bob, there seem to be a lot of Goblins this year. They might be small but don't count them out. Your average Goblin is a lot cheaper than an Orc so those teams can afford to spend the extra cash on equipment. Keep an eye on Fungus Mundungus. The Night Goblin has looked good in training but his charity work has won him a lot of enemies already.

Will do 'Chasa, those 'spawned again religious types always get on my nerves. If you're a betting man don't forget Arr' thog Fasthitta - he's been in the news for all the wrong reasons and that might be a distraction this close to the competition. Did you see the photos in the 'Evil Sun News' of him and a bevvy of nubile young cave squigs?

Um... no... honest. What are you looking at me like that for? Er, the Orcs are always a threat too Bob don't forget that... er, Dontozz da Boozer, Grozlor Mightyaxe and the ever dangerous Gat... er Gat..lag Grotslayer...

You're just reading from the list of entrants 'Chasa....

Shut up Bob.

=========

Just waiting for riders from Grozenit and Goomb if he's entering. If not first alternate Klaw stands ready!

Draig.
Warboss Dragoneye
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 10:23 PM

Pyromaniac Goblin Warboss

Member No.: 3,489

laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
The competition seems to have a thing for Squigs. Dese weedy gitz should be sum kind o' speed bump fer da mighty Dont...hic...Dontozz da-shay, dis stunty booze ain't 'arlf bad. yarr.gif
Goomb
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 04:24 AM

Generally Fluffy
Group Icon

The din of the crowd was temporarily silenced as the solid oak and iron doors creaked and groaned as they fell forward, falling onto the playing field and creating a massive plume of dust. A deep rumble sounded within the tunnel leading to the playing field, bringing the crowd to their collective feet in anticipation. Anyone who made this kind of entrance had to be worth seeing!

As the dust cloud cleared, there stood a solitary warboss, flanked by a body guard of massive khaki and red clad orcs. The warboss held a massive tarnished axe in his left hand, and a massive rusty chain in his right. The warboss glared in silence at the amassed throng of slobbering greenskins in the stands. He recognized some of them from his battles across the old world and on other continents and islands. His mind numbed as he remembered the last battle in the Great Forest during the Nemesis Crown Campaign and his wanderings ever since their final defeat. Where had these gits fled to? Why had they shown themselves as weak gits in the face of their sworn enemies?

With a defiant smirk, he spat into the cracked clay and raised his great axe in defiance. Goomb would kill these lesser greenskins and exact his revenge on them all! The crowd did not understand his actions, but they roared as this challenger joined the battle!
Draig
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 11:38 AM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Well Bob the crowd are riled up about something.

Must be that shirt you're wearing 'Chasa. How many different kinda of yellow is that?

Shut up Bob...

Well, with Goomb entering the fray that leaves only one jouster still to register. Wait a minute... I'm getting word from the studio. Team Grozenit is on the clock. They have 24 hours to register their jouster or first alternate Team Klaw will take their place. This is a shocking development 'Chasa.

A shocking development 'Chasa indeed Bob

Thanks 'Chasa..... Anyway folks, not long to wait now! We'll be back after these messages from Orcacola, ORCNN's affiliated fungus drink. Don't touch that dial!

===

I'll give Grozenit a day to register a jouster before I pass the spot to Klaw as I'd really like to get this started.
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 04:16 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,381

Sorry, I had a work holiday yesterday (it's nice to work for a bank). I was too busy playing Warhammer to check Da Warpath. Now, I am at work and it's a bit hectic. Hopefully will get a rider out tonight.

For what it's worth, I did have my warlord on wyvern crush a few wood elves yesterday.
Goomb
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 06:12 PM

Generally Fluffy
Group Icon

Goomb stood for a moment and then looked over his iron-clad shoulder. With a quick snap of his right wrist, the slack chain became taught. Goomb stomped to the center of the ring, came to a halt and turned to watch his procession, winding the chain around his arm slowly.

From the depths of the tunnel, two massive beasts ambled into the bright sunlight, hauling an even larger abomination shackled to a sturdy wagon by massive chains. The two Arabian elephants towered over Goomb's bodyguard. Red dags and scars covered their thick hides, and from their yellowed tusks hung the heads of umies, stunties and skinnies. They strained at their massive load as they moved slowly into the ring, trumpeting in unison as they approached their master.

Above the din, the steel-studded wheels squealed in agony under the weight of the wyvern that stood fiercely on the wagon. With scales black as the moonless midnight, the wyvern snapped at the gaping crowd, shrieking in rage at the assembled greenskins. As it blinked in the bright sunlight, its eyes adjusting to the mid day sun and focusing on its master. The wyvernís eyes blazed as if born in the fires in the depths of hell, and the wyvernís tongue flicked in anticipation of its release.

Goomb stepped forward between the two elephants and reached for a large lever on the wagon holding the wyvern. Whispering something to the black beast, Goomb pulled the lever forward, releasing clamps and setting the beast free. The wyvern reared back and screamed in ecstasy. Taking flight, it swooped around the ring before landing in the center. Both rider and mount stood together, waiting for what would come next.
fauthsie
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 06:37 PM

Animosity Boyz

Member No.: 393

The solitary clapping of a single figure mocked Goomb's display......From the shadows of a second tunnel into the arena a large and ridiculously armed Night Goblin stepped forward. After taking a moment and appraising Goomb and his mount a faint sound could be heard coming from behind the silver skull mask that covered his face... A low mocking cackle slowly filled the air and as quickly as he emerged the goblin turned his heel and walked back down the tunnel his laughter echoing as he disappeared into the darkness...

This post has been edited by fauthsie on Feb 19 2008, 06:38 PM
Goomb
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 07:31 PM

Generally Fluffy
Group Icon

"Alwayz a kritik en da crowd," mumbled Goomb as he spat again into the dust.
« Next Oldest | Wot Weeze Wrote Good | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (13) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1037 seconds | Archive