Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (13) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Wyvern Joust, The Calm Before The Storm - Final Monday
Draig
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 02:12 PM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 1,921

"Well Bob it's that time again... Dig out your foam finger and your fungus brew hat... it's Wyvern Joust season!"

"That's right 'Chasa. Only one week to go until the first match of the season. The whole of 'Deadfire' pass is quivvering with anticipation. Can anyone top 'Mad' Gnasha's unbeaten streak of 42 jousts? Will we see a repeat of the famous double fatality match from two seasons ago? Will anyone try anything as stupid as the Whizzit brothers pedal-powered paper machee Wyvern from last years Soopacup? There's only one way to find out and we're bringing it to you live and uninterrupted, here on the ORCNN network. Don't touch that dial!"

"Who are you talking to Bob? What's a dial?"

"Shut up 'Chasa...."

--------------

Some of the real Warpath fossils may remember my first Wyvern joust which seems to have been lost in the forum ether. This one will follow a similar format. The entrants have a set points limit to purchase a Wyvern, a rider and some kit (cunningly designed to force you into difficult choices). The competitors are paired up and joust to the death with the winner advancing to the next round.

In the past I rolled all the dice and reported the results as pieces of fluff, but this time I will be getting the competitors involved a little as well. Not quite sure how yet, but probably asking them to write a 50-100 word bit each round and awarding the best one a bonus.

This will be kicking off towards the middle of next week after the monthly contest fever has died down. So roll up one and all, and join Bob the reporta grot and 'Stormchasa', the hall-of-fame Wyvern jouster for Wyvern Joust XLVII.

This post has been edited by Draig on Apr 14 2008, 09:08 PM
Snotstaff
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 02:20 PM

A diplomat between the barbies and Da Path

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,127

Ooh I remember this! I was pwned right away! yarr.gif

Anyways I want to try my luck again! ninja.gif
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 02:58 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

I'll try it! I enjoy my warlord on wyvern I use now.
Warboss Dragoneye
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 10:11 PM

Pyromaniac Goblin Warboss

Member No.: 3,489

By Gork'n'Mork, brilliance! I'm in!
Mostyn
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 10:58 PM

Da open minded git

Member No.: 4,159

“ Looks like there’s a commotion over in the west stand, and this time it’s not the crowd rioting”

“Yes Jim, If I’m not mistaken we have another competitor. I can see a jouster walking their wyvern into the arena. Well at least I think it’s a wyvern”

“ Ha Ha, yeah, I know what you mean. More of a flying pear than the sleek, dangerous snakes of the sky you normally see. Mind you, the rider ain’t much better. I know it’s been while since last season but some orcs have really let themselves go.”

“Word, that’s certainly a heavy weight team, and for all the wrong reasons. I’m just glad the whole financial irregularity with the league president has been cleared up so we’re able to bring you the new season here on ORCNN”

“Just good common sense if you ask me. It was obvious to everyone that President Hatchett had simply forgotten to declare the 56 million gold crowns they found in that Albion trust fund. I know the guy personally, and apart from his penchant for naked witch elves and the gambling addiction the guy’s a saint. Absolute saint I tell you!”

“You forgot the drink driving conviction, but I’m with you dude. Hey look, team Hippo are taken a breather. They're sitting down and they haven’t even got past the orccornTM stands yet. Do you think they’re even gonna get airborne?”

“Not unless an earthquake opens up a fissure and they fall in. I’ll bet you a beer they don’t get past the first round.”

“You’d have to be a fool to take that bet Jim.”

“So we’re on?”

“We’re on.”

This is a genius idea. I'm in.

This post has been edited by Mostyn on Feb 7 2008, 10:59 PM
Warboss Skarz
Posted: Feb 8 2008, 04:11 AM

Orc

Member No.: 3,181

I'm in...I think...
fauthsie
Posted: Feb 8 2008, 04:35 PM

Animosity Boyz

Member No.: 393

Ill try my hand at it
Goomb
Posted: Feb 8 2008, 11:52 PM

Generally Fluffy
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,967

QUOTE (Draig @ Feb 7 2008, 08:12 AM)
Some of the real Warpath fossils may remember my first Wyvern joust which seems to have been lost in the forum ether.

AHEM! Fossil?!?!?!?

It is the return of Bob and the other git Chasa! Woot! I remember this contest, Draig. Good show! If you recall, the mighty Goomb was in the stands for it. I might have to join dis ere un!

Oh, and the old version was deleted in the Infamous Haxor Attack on April Fool's Day. Bugger git!

Goomb
Draig
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 09:14 AM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Well 'Chasa now i've seen everything. Team 'Da Big Boss Made Uz Do It' is fielding 'Ol Blind Io, the winning Wyvern from the Worldz Cup seven years ago! I thought he had retired. Or died. I certainly thought he was blind...

Nah see that's a myth Bob, meant to lure the....

<The sound of screaming and crunching can be heard from the west stand as the obviously blind Wyvern veers off into the terraces, munching on anything within reach>

Good contribution there 'Chasa

Shut up Bob

=====

It's almost time! With the monthly contest voting closed I want to kick this off soon. We currently have 7 people signed up below (assuming Goomb and Skarz are still interested?) I'd love 8 for neatness - that way I can do Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and a Best of 3 Final. If no one else is interested I'll enter a rider myself to make up the numbers.

Points limit and rules incoming in the next day or so!

Draig
thadoom
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 01:30 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 4,354

seems like fun I'm in if there is still room for me smile.gif

greets,

Doom
Draig
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 01:43 PM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

I'm in if there is still room for me

There is indeed. That's 8 assuming Goomb and Skarz are still in? If you two could let me know sometime in the next day or so I'll get things moving.
Warboss Skarz
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 05:01 PM

Orc

Member No.: 3,181

Yeah I'm in. smile.gif I don't want to hold things up.

This post has been edited by Warboss Skarz on Feb 11 2008, 05:02 PM
Draig
Posted: Feb 14 2008, 09:41 AM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Well it seems as though Goomb is MIA, probably on a work trip so I'll get this rolling and if he pulls out I'll enter a rider myself. Look for the points limit to be up later tonight once I get my grubby paws on a rulebook.

Da Wyvern Joust Roolz

The 8 jousters will be divided up into 4 pairs who will fight to the death.

The winners will advance to the next round (semi finals)

The final will be best of 3 jousts. All other rounds will be single elimination.

Attacks will be resolved in order of initiative.
Where there is a tie, I will dice off.
Mounts and their riders will test seperately.

Riders will attack riders and mounts will attack mounts.
If one rider kills another, any extra wounds will be assigned to the mount.
If a mount dies, that player looses, even if his rider is still alive (remember, you'll be half a mile up in the air, if the mount dies your won't be alive for long!)

I will put up a points limit tonight. From this you must buy:

1) A warboss (Comon Goblin, Night Goblin, Orc, Savage Orc, Black Orc)
2) A Wyvern (obviously)
3) Magic Items (following the usual restrictions)

Between rounds you may reallocate up to 50 points of your magic item budget.

Once the point limit is up please PM me your character build and a name for both your rider and your Wyvern. Once I have everyone's details we'll get this show on the road!

Any questions, post em here!
Klaw
Posted: Feb 14 2008, 04:18 PM

Belgian ETC team captain

Member No.: 2,022

If I can be in, I'd love to. I missed the first joust, but greatly enjoyed reading about it.

Klaw
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Feb 14 2008, 04:33 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,381

Only 50 pts for magic? Oh, well...
« Next Oldest | Wot Weeze Wrote Good | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (13) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1224 seconds | Archive