InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Dwq Help
Grimwort
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 09:02 PM

Sneaky and Stabby

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,918

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring to help out. I have some experience with Photoshop and access to same. I'd be willing to pitch in on graphics and design if any need exists.
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 10:17 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Hello there,

well I think that Goofycabal would appreciate some help with the lay out of the magazine, I will discuss it with him and then I will pm you with some further instructions smile.gif.

Greetz
G
Grimwort
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 04:21 AM

Sneaky and Stabby

Sounds good. Thanks!
Grimwort
Posted: Sep 2 2007, 03:16 PM

Sneaky and Stabby

user posted image*Poke, poke poke* (Brings thread back to life with his magical poking stick)

So, the original offer made back in January still stands. And I'd also like to add on the suggestion of including an "DWQ: Warhammer Online" article. To keep folks up to date on the game etc. I'd be willing to pen the article myself, or with someone. Just lemme know how the winds of magic blow.

Cheers!
Grim
Goofycabal
Posted: Sep 2 2007, 11:55 PM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

Not sure how this never came to my attention, but any help we can get would sure be good smile.gif

What kind of things graphics-wise would you like to offer?

And I'm sure we'd all like to see a Warhammer Online section for DWQ. I know I would happy.gif
Grimwort
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 12:10 AM

Sneaky and Stabby

QUOTE (Goofycabal @ Sep 2 2007, 03:55 PM)
Not sure how this never came to my attention, but any help we can get would sure be good smile.gif

What kind of things graphics-wise would you like to offer?

And I'm sure we'd all like to see a Warhammer Online section for DWQ. I know I would happy.gif

Oh, let's see. I could do section headers, icons, image retouching (for battle reports or what have you) and the like. As far as the Warhammer Online stuff goes, I'm sure I could knock out an article, submit it and see what folks think.

Cheers!
Grim
Goofycabal
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 01:10 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Grimwort @ Sep 3 2007, 12:10 PM)
Oh, let's see. I could do section headers, icons, image retouching (for battle reports or what have you) and the like. As far as the Warhammer Online stuff goes, I'm sure I could knock out an article, submit it and see what folks think.

Headers and Icons are certainly a great idea smile.gif I've been wanting to add more original artwork to the 'zine and I've been wanting to update the headers for some time now too happy.gif

Could you post a few samples so I can get an idea of what kind of work you can offer?

In regards to image retouching - are you meaning doing things like brightening up the photo and such? If so, then "HELL YEAH!". I've done the best I can with what I have when faced with dark pictures, but I'm not exactly skilled in doing so. So I'd certainly love for someone to help there.

Lastly: post your Warhammer Online article in here and we'll see what the rest of the editors think smile.gif
kebabi
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 05:52 AM

They see me trollin'
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,417

Sounds like a good idea happy.gif

Haven't seen nothing about WAR in the DWQ, and it's not too long now before the release (I'm getting myself a new computor, which can handle the game happy.gif ).
Grimwort
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 04:35 AM

Sneaky and Stabby

QUOTE (Goofycabal @ Sep 2 2007, 05:10 PM)
Headers and Icons are certainly a great idea smile.gif I've been wanting to add more original artwork to the 'zine and I've been wanting to update the headers for some time now too happy.gif

Could you post a few samples so I can get an idea of what kind of work you can offer?

In regards to image retouching - are you meaning doing things like brightening up the photo and such? If so, then "HELL YEAH!". I've done the best I can with what I have when faced with dark pictures, but I'm not exactly skilled in doing so. So I'd certainly love for someone to help there.

Lastly: post your Warhammer Online article in here and we'll see what the rest of the editors think smile.gif

Okey doke. I'll whip up some sample art and get cracking on the article. And yes, I can lend a hand with things like brightening photos cleaning them up and what not.

I'll get to work.

Cheers!
Grim
Grimwort
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 05:32 AM

Sneaky and Stabby

Here's something I whipped up real quick. Just some text. I'll post some icon like stuff in the next day or two...

user posted image
kebabi
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 08:23 AM

They see me trollin'
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,417

Wooow...that's wicked cool huh.gif
Great fonts, effects, colour...all, really.
Nice going man smile.gif
Warlord Gromzarg
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 08:40 PM

The Canadian Warlord

Member No.: 3,895

And that was something quick you say? Wow I would love to see what you put alot of time into. Great work I am really impressed...

Gromzarg.
Goofycabal
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 11:09 AM

Group Icon

That's pretty darned nifty indeed tongue.gif

Any chance you could make one with a transparent background? I've got a few things I'd like to try out smile.gif
Grimwort
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 03:36 PM

Sneaky and Stabby

QUOTE (Goofycabal @ Sep 5 2007, 03:09 AM)
That's pretty darned nifty indeed tongue.gif

Any chance you could make one with a transparent background? I've got a few things I'd like to try out smile.gif

Okey doke. Here ya go. I ran into some really interesting problems trying to get the transparency to show up correctly. First of .jpg doesn't support image transparency at all, so I tried .gif. Well, that gave really "interesting" jagged edges to the whole thing and left the text unreadable. So this one is .png. I hope that works for you.

user posted image

Cheers!
Grim

This post has been edited by Grimwort on Sep 5 2007, 03:36 PM
« Next Oldest | Da Warpath Quarterly | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1187 seconds | Archive