Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Undead Units
Mork-and/or-Gork
Posted: Apr 30 2006, 12:14 PM

Fungash

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,549

I was thinking, why wouldn't the orcs take other races corpses and turn them into zombies. I think we should be able to take zombies as special or rare choices in our undead orcs list...

just my twocents.gif

And by the way, zombies are weaker then our regular troops so people probably won't care if we do do this.
slayer69
Posted: May 1 2006, 05:25 PM

The Crusher of the crushed!

Member No.: 2,033

Well...if you were to take parts from every army you'd make the ultimate army. The simple reason that Zombies are "unbreakable" and cause fear makes them fairly powerful. Combined with orcish units this would disrupt the "balance" of the game. twocents.gif
Mork-and/or-Gork
Posted: May 1 2006, 10:03 PM

Fungash

Good point, but in the vampire counts book it says that they take corpses from every race. On the internet it says it takes form humans because they are the easiest to harvest, and in every battle, no matter who they're against, they get stronger after each battle from new corpses....

Plus look at the cursed company's assortment of models.
Goofycabal
Posted: May 2 2006, 11:40 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

Remember, we're designing an Orc and Goblin Undead army, not a Vampire Counts army... Unless the poll comes out as being a Vampire Counts related army happy.gif

Either way, I wouldn't think that raising dead 'umies would be a very Orcy thing to do... If I were an Orc, I'd much rather raise my dead Greenskin comrades wink.gif
Zorg_orc_warboss
Posted: May 2 2006, 11:47 AM

Warlord of the White Fists Tribe!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 272

QUOTE (Goofycabal @ May 2 2006, 09:40 PM)
Remember, we're designing an Orc and Goblin Undead army, not a Vampire Counts army... Unless the poll comes out as being a Vampire Counts related army happy.gif

Either way, I wouldn't think that raising dead 'umies would be a very Orcy thing to do... If I were an Orc, I'd much rather raise my dead Greenskin comrades wink.gif

I think an orc would actualy raise a human over an orc, an orc would likely start fighting with him. tongue.gif

However the way we are portraying it its sort of a half waagh half undead mix which dosn't fit with other races.
Mork-and/or-Gork
Posted: May 12 2006, 12:47 PM

Fungash

Alraight, okay....
Borzag
Posted: May 12 2006, 12:59 PM

Goblin Braaaaains.....
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

Well I can see them raising 'umies... up to a point. Possibly as a punching bag, or so they don't have to go far to find a snack biggrin.gif

Besides, I'm pretty sure the premise of the Dead Greenie army is that they're raised by redirected WAAAGH energy, which doesn't affect the humies. I can see them raising "technically not green" green things however; maybe some Dead Trolls or a FrankenGiant or something biggrin.gif Hell, a pack of WereWolfboyz or Dire Wolfboyz or something biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Borzag
Chris
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 11:58 AM

Orc

Member No.: 2,427

What about this?

Orc Warriors

CODE

M WS BS S T W I A LD PTS
4 3  3  3 4 1 2 1 7   5

Weapons: Choppa.

Armour: Light Armour

Options:

-May have one of the following upgrades for +1 point per model: Additional choppa, spears and/or shields.

-May be upgraded to Undead for +3 points, then they have the Undead special rule.

-May have musician for +5 points.

-May have standard bearer for +10 points.

-May have Orc Reaper(+1 S and +1 A, champion) for +12 points.

Special Rule:

Animosity

See orcs and goblins rulebook.

"Ey Dats my Arm!":

If you choose the undead upgrade then this replaces animosity:

At each turn before the movement phase roll a D6 for this unit, if you get an "1-2" then they unit cant move this turn.

Chris

This post has been edited by Chris on Jun 11 2006, 12:00 PM
Borzag
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 12:26 PM

Goblin Braaaaains.....
Group Icon

Thought the basic outline had a rule for animosity? Either way, still good smile.gif

Anyway, here's one I've been thinking of for a while (and apologies for the "Vamp Orcs" angle I'm taking...)

Krazy Ghoolz
Stats: As per Orc stats (see O&G Book)
Points: Not sure yet to be honest, but I'm thinking 10 per, with the Ghool Boss (Boss stats) at an additional +10
Equipment: 2 Ghool Choppas (counts as 2 hand weapons with Poisoned Attacks)

Special Rules:

Alive: yep, they're alive. They can't be upgraded/demoted to Undead, and follow all the normal Psych rules.
Animosity: See O&G book
Frenzy: The Krazy Ghoolz are the more feral offshoots of the Savage Orcs. They suffer from Frenzy, with the exception of the pursuit rolls (see later). And yes, they can lose it...
Skirmishers: See BRB. Hey, they're Ghoolz...
Fear: They're Ghouls (regardless of how it's spelt). See the BRB.
Cast Out: These guys are shunned by Gork (or possibly Mork) and their society. So they don't wear any sort of armour, and don't get Warpaint. In addition, they test on their own Ld for all things.
Existential Uncertainty: These Orcs are Ghouls. They like to eat the flesh of the dead. However, they're also Savage Orcs. They like to chase things down and hit them. This can cause a problem when it comes to the battlefield...
Whenever they win a combat and are given the chance to pursue, roll a D6. On a 4+, they pursue as normal. However, on a 3 or less they stay in place (to have a meal).
Note that the controlling player has absolutely no control over this roll, even if they've lost frenzy (or still have it for that matter). They cannot elect to stay put or pursue by default; the dice are the deciding factor here.

I'm not 100% on the cost, but I like the idea... thoughts?

Cheers!

Borzag
The Great Unclean One
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 01:07 PM

The Dwarf, Special Character and Dragon Hater

Member No.: 2,482

Well, we definately need Zombie Snotlings, which are basically braindead Snotlings who don't die through combat res, though don't cause fear because they're so small. Still count as a swarm.

Zombie Boar Chariots? Ethereal Pump Wagon?

We DEFINATELY HAVE TO HAVE a Doom Diver incarnate - all the dead Doom Diver Goblins are back to fire again! ninja.gif

Zombie Wyvern perhaps, but we need a new set of rules for it.

Ethereal Squigs as skirmishers, poisoned attacks, fear causing. I assume that an ethereal Giant is going a bit too far...

Also, maybe a Skull Lobber (which forces panic tests if it causes a wound) and a Spear Chukka that fires bones? Hmmm?

This post has been edited by The Great Unclean One on Jun 11 2006, 01:44 PM
emoe
Posted: Jun 22 2006, 03:22 PM

veteran snot :D

Member No.: 1,934

i wanna have a gohst-snotling car smile.gif woudlnt it be cool to have a snotling wagon painted blueish to look it like a ghost?

fels
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Jun 25 2006, 12:04 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,643

QUOTE (Borzag @ Jun 11 2006, 12:26 PM)
Thought the basic outline had a rule for animosity? Either way, still good smile.gif

Anyway, here's one I've been thinking of for a while (and apologies for the "Vamp Orcs" angle I'm taking...)

Krazy Ghoolz
Stats: As per Orc stats (see O&G Book)
Points: Not sure yet to be honest, but I'm thinking 10 per, with the Ghool Boss (Boss stats) at an additional +10
Equipment: 2 Ghool Choppas (counts as 2 hand weapons with Poisoned Attacks)

Special Rules:

Alive: yep, they're alive. They can't be upgraded/demoted to Undead, and follow all the normal Psych rules.
Animosity: See O&G book
Frenzy: The Krazy Ghoolz are the more feral offshoots of the Savage Orcs. They suffer from Frenzy, with the exception of the pursuit rolls (see later). And yes, they can lose it...
Skirmishers: See BRB. Hey, they're Ghoolz...
Fear: They're Ghouls (regardless of how it's spelt). See the BRB.
Cast Out: These guys are shunned by Gork (or possibly Mork) and their society. So they don't wear any sort of armour, and don't get Warpaint. In addition, they test on their own Ld for all things.
Existential Uncertainty: These Orcs are Ghouls. They like to eat the flesh of the dead. However, they're also Savage Orcs. They like to chase things down and hit them. This can cause a problem when it comes to the battlefield...
Whenever they win a combat and are given the chance to pursue, roll a D6. On a 4+, they pursue as normal. However, on a 3 or less they stay in place (to have a meal).
Note that the controlling player has absolutely no control over this roll, even if they've lost frenzy (or still have it for that matter). They cannot elect to stay put or pursue by default; the dice are the deciding factor here.

I'm not 100% on the cost, but I like the idea... thoughts?

Cheers!

Borzag

Well I find that 10pts would be good for this sort of unit, then they will not called cheesy and will people not whine about the fact that you use an unnofficial army.

Keep those nice ideas coming.

Greetz
G
Borzag
Posted: Jun 25 2006, 12:31 PM

Goblin Braaaaains.....
Group Icon

to be brutally honest, I just took the cost of Ghouls & added 2pts each. Ghouls are basically Orcs with -1 Ld, -1 T, poison, skirmish & small bases. I figured that adding the extra stats would be worth more than 2pts, which would be countered by Existential Uncertainty, Cast Out & Animosity. In hindsight, it might be a good idea to increase the cost slightly, although I'm happy with 10 as they're basically skirmishing cannon fodder right now. If they can get into a position to flank it's fine, but given the poison & frenzy it's not certain that they'll do so.

Oh and speaking of Cast Out: no characters in Krazy Ghool units. I forgot to add that in. Eep tongue.gif
Cunninglybrutal
Posted: Jun 25 2006, 01:34 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 2,825

So...should I start a Krazy Ghoolz sketch biggrin.gif?

Cheers!

This post has been edited by Cunninglybrutal on Jun 25 2006, 01:36 PM
The Gobelin King
Posted: Jun 27 2006, 04:21 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 2,985

hey if you want to make an undead list they have to be unbreakable: the're dead
« Next Oldest | Undead Gitz | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1359 seconds | Archive