InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish, im signing out
Goofycabal
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 06:28 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

Sorry to hear that you've lost your interest in the game. I hope you can find Warmachine to your tastes - or any other game system you may get into.

This isn't directed at you, but since you've raised it, I've always wondered where the need to "stop playing / sell off all my models" comes from when there's change in the system that you don't like...?

Price too expensive? Do you even need more models anyway?
Armybook not to your gaming groups' liking? Why not make houserules?
Don't like the new edition of core rules? Why not keep playing under older editions that you *did* enjoy?

Again, this isn't directed at yourself, but it's something I've never been able to wrap my head around. Sure; Games Workshop may be producing the game and all their own models, but unless you're playing in their stores or official tournaments, then they're not telling you how to play *your* game. So why does change result in people quitting / selling all their stuff; when all you and your buddies need to do is tweak a few things so you're all happy again. Just seems counter-intuitive to me...
Borzag
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 06:42 AM

Goblin Braaaaains.....
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 25

Can't answer for the OP, but in my case it was for two reasons: Space and Moneys.

See, just because you've quit Game X, doesn't mean you've stopped being a gamer. Take my example. I've finished up with Warhammer, and thanks to the Aus scene being what it is, WM (I freakin' LOVE that game, but I'm not a fan of the over-competitive WAAC tourney scene, and that crowd jumped from Warhammer to WM all at once). However as many people know, Battle gaming was my SECOND option, the first being narrative campaign skirmish gaming. So, in order to fund my re-entry into those games (now that there's so many of them) it was the easiest thing in the world for me to sell off all the old stuff that I wasn't using.

Again, this is just a personal thing, but that's been my experience.

Anyhoo BigDave, just because you're not doing WHFB doesn't mean you shouldn't show up here. Feel free to drop by every now & then to have a chat in OT, show your works in P&H, and just generally stay part of the community, ok? smile.gif

Cheers!

Borzag
theorox
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 07:11 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Haha, some people on the first page almost set off a political/economical tangent. laugh.gif *Twitch* It's all a conspiracy!

Theo
Goofycabal
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 08:44 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

QUOTE (Borzag @ Apr 8 2012, 07:42 PM)
Anyhoo BigDave, just because you're not doing WHFB doesn't mean you shouldn't show up here. Feel free to drop by every now & then to have a chat in OT, show your works in P&H, and just generally stay part of the community, ok? smile.gif

I'd like to back up Borzag here: Feel free to stick around here and post stuff in the Blogs if you'd like to share your work or ask for feedback etc

We don't focus on it all that much, but even though we are primarily Games Workshop Orcs and Goblins focused, the Paint and Hobby forums are open to any contribution smile.gif
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0421 seconds | Archive