Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 8th Conversion Competition: Rank and File Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Most Annoying Paint Name
Craze_b0i
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 12:11 PM

Warboss

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,714

Did anyone try pronouncing Nuln Oil yet? Vomit.gif
Snikpik
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 12:26 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Nuln Oil is okay for a native english speaker, well for me at least, but soem of the pronounciations ould be an issue for some.
justanotherorc
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 12:49 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,603

QUOTE (Cannibalbob @ Mar 25 2012, 01:49 AM)
Do people actually need to know by name what other brand colors match to what? Just look at the color and realize that bright red is bright red - no matter what silly IP name they put on it.

Well yeah I'm color blind and can't tell red from red from red and it's a might bit embarrassing when I use 2 different shades on a model by mistake.

White Scars are my 40k army so I love that name for white smile.gif
Xellpher
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 02:39 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,074

The biggest problem I can see is that their Goblin Green replacement is not the same shade as the new one.

Conversion charts can be found HERE
GazakahStoneWallop
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 03:31 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,606

The only names that stood out to me were the changes from Skull White and Chaos Black to White Scar and Abaddon Black... wtf? Chaos Black and Skull White are way more characterful, imo, and classic at that.
Gruntfuttock
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 05:13 PM

The Magnificent

Member No.: 6,621

Where do I begin??!!??

Well for me, I'm switching for the most part to Coat D' Arms paints. I can find a generic large tib of black Acryllic in shops near me, not a problem. but the new names are, well a bit pants really. I can't believe they got rid of some classics!! Never mind renaming the foundation paints and washes that only came out about 5-7 years ago.

another down side is that a lot of the colours don't match any more, so it's tough luck if you need the same colour now, unless you go through eBay, or find a hobby shop that still has some of the old colours.

Most of the colours I'm pretty non plussed about anyway.
Turelio
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 06:51 AM

Trapped in Oz

Member No.: 2,003

I've heard that they weren't able to keep some of the names copyrighted, so had to change them, and went with replacing all of them. It also means that now everything can be copyrighted by them (I imagine copyrighting Snot Green would be a problem because it is generic, not because very few would want the name for themselves), so it stops people like Vallejo and Coat d'Arms from releasing a similar colour paint with a similar or identical name.
Gruntfuttock
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 07:20 AM

The Magnificent

Member No.: 6,621

I was perusing the G.W site yesterday ( Yes, I know, and afterward I'll go stand in the corner as penance)

Anyhoo, I read that some of the staff cried when they saw the new paints...... "Not surprised", I thought " They've got to be the ones that have to do painting tutorials in the shops with them and have to say the names all the bleedin' time!!"

A lot of them are the Citadel equivlent of that Train station in Wales: Llanfairp...Llanfairpich....Och to hell with this......Cardiff!!
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0641 seconds | Archive