Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Couple of questions
gobbos4life
Posted: Jan 12 2004, 11:00 AM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

I have some questions that i`m not clear on

1. Let`s say my shaman has nibbly`s itty ring which is a bound spell that gives me čadbutt,and i also get eadbutt as one of my spells. Can i use both spells in the same magic phase. I`m asking just so that i put my brother`s mind at rest

2. If a giant falls over and lands on a character, can he be saved by a ward save.

3. One last question, when the giant is killed and falls on the floor, i usually take him out of the game, but i`ve heard people say that he`s left in and he can be used as a shield. For instance, to partially block line of sight and so on

Thanks a bunch biggrin.gif

gobbos4life
Bug Spawn
Posted: Jan 12 2004, 11:13 AM

have not played since 2006.....whats new ???

Member No.: 2

Regarding question on nibblas ring, y you can since one is a spell and the other is a bound item, that does not need any power dice. So if you dice for you spells, and get eadbut keep it. Its a great spell against charecters. wink.gif
Regarding question on giant, y he is alowed to take a ward save. you can are always alowed a ward save, even even aainst a killing blow.
And last about the follen giant, well i never read anything about leaving him on table top so he can be used as cover. unsure.gif
Dansan
Posted: Jan 12 2004, 11:39 AM

Da Green Goblin
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 17

The answers to the first two questions, as has been said, are: yes.

Indeed, when playing friendly games, we usually let large targets that die leave a template on the battlefield, which counts as cover, a hill, and difficult ground (for the sake of having to climb the thing). It is quite realistic, as those large targets are quite big and thus would obscure vision etcetera... However, its not in the main rules, so you'd have to agree on it beforehand with your opponent and you can forget about it at tournaments...
Elfzag
Posted: Jan 12 2004, 12:27 PM

Goblin Braaaaains.....
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 25

1) yep you can keep & cast both in the same phase. The HE do it all the time with that ring of phoenix fire or whatever it's called after all.

2) A ward save can always be taken (unless you get hit by a lizardmen sword that doesn't allow it... forgot the name). It's just for the pick up & squish/stuff into pants attacks that you don't get saves.

3) In tournaments & stuff he's just taken off the table. But if you & your mates don't mind he can be left there for cover, terrain etc ("they're over there, near the groin!" tongue.gif)

Cheers!

Borzag
LordDhaphaos
Posted: Jan 12 2004, 09:50 PM

The one and only git

Member No.: 20

I never thought of leaving a Giant on the table. That's a great idea, and makes the game even more realistic! biggrin.gif
gobbos4life
Posted: Jan 12 2004, 11:09 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 33

Excellent, thanks for the help and taking the time to reply

gobbos4life
LordDhaphaos
Posted: Jan 14 2004, 05:31 PM

The one and only git

Member No.: 20

Any time. smile.gif
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0835 seconds | Archive