Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  ( Go to first unread post )

Anton's 500
Cannibalbob
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 11:48 PM

Orc

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,721

The only thing that might not fit when combining those models is the boss' cape. It adds movement that might not look right to the model.
Anton
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 05:15 AM

Lucky Git

Member No.: 1,901

QUOTE (Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull @ Mar 1 2012, 10:35 PM)
Seems like a good combination, but I don't know if the orc is seperate from the boar.

That would be an obstacle, though not an insurmountable one. I would have to slaughter the Boar completely and that would be a shame I suppose. Does anyone know?

QUOTE (Thitanium Prince)
The wyvern is excellent, but I don't like the warboss, it has a strange pose and his face is a bit awkward :S

I like the pose, it is full of forward momentum which looks great on a charging boar. My concern about it is that if the rider is going forward much more than the mount, it might look like he's falling off. The head, well, if I don't like it enough there are plenty of good ones around here to replace it.

QUOTE (CannibalBob)
The only thing that might not fit when combining those models is the boss' cape. It adds movement that might not look right to the model.

You might have a point there, but I'm pretty sure it's separate.

Thank you all for your thoughts on the matter.
Buzzsnik
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 02:34 PM

Orc

Member No.: 5,816

QUOTE (Anton @ Mar 2 2012, 05:15 AM)

That would be an obstacle, though not an insurmountable one. I would have to slaughter the Boar completely and that would be a shame I suppose. Does anyone know?

Recently got that mounted war boss, and the rider is completely separate from the boar, but the cape may be a bit tricky to use as it takes up quite a bit of room on the boar (fortunately it's a separate piece to the rider)
Anton
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 04:23 AM

Lucky Git

Member No.: 1,901

Just a quick note about the Lizardmen I'm working on right now. I'm getting a lot done, been at it for two months and planning to finish in July. After that I need to get going with the greenskins again if I am to reach my target, I'll have just five months to paint 200 Orcs and Goblins -- at the same time as a new edition of 40k is coming out. That could be a problem.

user posted image
This is what I have after two months. The link to the paintlog is in my signature, there are more pictures there. Thanks for looking!

This post has been edited by Anton on Jun 1 2012, 04:24 AM
theorox
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 01:55 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Those lizzies look good Anton! Good luck on the greenskins. biggrin.gif

Theo
dragonslayer45
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 02:48 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,583

Great job Anton, and thanks for a great blog smile.gif

You are such an inspiration! biggrin.gif

Theo
Kees (aka Ghenkadh)
Posted: Jun 2 2012, 02:39 PM

Boss

Member No.: 4,125

... wouldn't mind a closer look at some of the lizzies!
great work!

grtz,

Kees
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 2.9642 seconds | Archive