Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Feedback For Issue 1, Everyone Help
Zorg_orc_warboss
Posted: Sep 2 2005, 12:24 PM

Warlord of the White Fists Tribe!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 272

Well in order to get a good idea of how to make our next issue I wan't feedback about this first one. We will be doing this for each issue that comes along and will hopefully refine the mag so its what everyone wants.

So please post any feedback here, even one line posts of "I like it" "I don't like it" are ok but reasons would be more helpful. Did you like the format, colors, fluff peices, articles, and everything else in the mag or did you think some things could be done better.

This is your chance to help us make a better magazine so please help us out.

Note: This topic will be locked until the first issue is released. It would be hard for you to give feedback on something you hadn't seen tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif !
jimbob1066e
Posted: Sep 27 2005, 11:23 PM

Paint and Hobby Mod === Herder of the famous squig Hairball
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,717

Howdy

Well my first impressions are that is great! Easy to read colors and fonts (except for the chug stuff, but that is on purpose and for fun...)

I will give it a good going over and report back.

OK FOLKS WHAT ARE YOU THOUGHTS!?

peace biggrin.gif
Snotstaff
Posted: Sep 28 2005, 06:27 AM

A diplomat between the barbies and Da Path

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,127

I say that it's the best thing that ever happened to Da Path! Really great!

Good job all of us! happy.gif
Waaagh Argento
Posted: Sep 28 2005, 09:47 PM

Orc

Member No.: 1,939

hmmm.... twocents.gif
I liked it. Thoe it could use a bit more of design. It wasn┤t really a big surprise as articles were not on a lock forum so you read them as they were being prepared. THe Jimbob goblin article was a surprise and a nice goblin.
There could be more pictures of people┤s armies and minis which are always great to look at.
I would like to suggest that a good idea for future articles could be rerranging and sorting out the tactics on specific armies in da dumping ground. the ones that are Guide to fighting...
The battle report I didn┤t really like or read. I prefer the ones that have diagrams, maybe even pictures of specific battle moments.
But all in all I think it is very good.
Keep up the good work.
jimbob1066e
Posted: Sep 29 2005, 07:03 AM

Group Icon

Howdy

Thanks Argento, the feedback is greatly appreciated. SO... what I am going to take from this for the next is this:

1. Battle Reports need diagrams
2. More Pictures of armies and figures, spread out just for veiwing pleasure.
3. Clean up and refine the layout/design

sound good?

Oh, and the Jimbob thing was GREAT! Do you KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS for me keep my mouth shut on that! ahahahah. But I promised Rune I would not mention it since he was entering it in the UK GD's. That was one of the varried reasons the issue was late as well, as we couldn't release the 'how to' until it hit table (so we Warpath folk had a great article that was released AS the model was sitting being judged. Too cool.)

peace biggrin.gif
Elfzag
Posted: Sep 29 2005, 12:58 PM

Goblin Braaaaains.....
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 25

We have access to the Battlereports.net report builder now... maybe some of the reports could use that? I know that you can incorporate in-game shots into it too so its something to look in to. I'll see what I can do for yez with the upcoming Orktoberfest tourney hey wink.gif

Otherwise great job guys biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Borzag
Groshnak
Posted: Sep 29 2005, 01:06 PM

MotM Nov 2005

Member No.: 178

QUOTE (Borzag @ Sep 29 2005, 12:58 PM)
We have access to the Battlereports.net report builder now... maybe some of the reports could use that? I know that you can incorporate in-game shots into it too so its something to look in to. I'll see what I can do for yez with the upcoming Orktoberfest tourney hey wink.gif

Otherwise great job guys biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Borzag

is battlereports.net working now? Jeez!

Anyway, I liked it - a lot!

I partly agree with Argento on the design, I really don't know what it is, but I get the feeling that it lacks something. It's like it's still a beta, or something. I really don't know how to express myself, but I think adding these small details between the articles would make it more interesting and less thread-on-da-path-looking.

More pictures would also be greatly appreciated. Dang, I almost got bored when I read my own article because there wasn't a single picture in 7 pages! biggrin.gif

But in general - AWESOME!
MorkaisChosen
Posted: Sep 29 2005, 03:50 PM

Now understands Goofycabal's avatar...

Member No.: 1,436

I like it! Better get started on writing down a load of rules queries and a new starting bit...
Waaagh Argento
Posted: Sep 29 2005, 04:41 PM

Orc

I was afraid I had sounded to snobish in my opinion of the page. Glad you took it well.

One thing to remember is that no newspaper or magazine will print a page full of text without pictures.

Another thing I know from working at a newspaper is that a article cannot be very long. To make it more entertaining it should be delivered in parts.
Garbag
Posted: Sep 29 2005, 04:44 PM

Big Daddy, Mayor of the Slums §_ď

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,837

Tis the best thing scince sliced bread happy.gif .
kebabi
Posted: Sep 29 2005, 05:06 PM

They see me trollin'
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,417

Argento has a lot of good points. Seems like i've been thinking about the same (tough twice when i've start to write replies my computer crashed dry.gif ).

I tougth it was great! Good job all, very neat. Especially the "Jimbob incarnate", BTW did he win any prize?

A bit more pic's would brighten it up some.
And I tougth it was a bit hard to read all of it, like Groshnak's tactica. No offence man, i tougth it was very good tactica, really! But i think it was a bit too long.

well...Argento's covered most of my oppions so... tongue.gif
Great job all, keep it up!
Goofycabal
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 03:08 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Member No.: 65

All very good points tongue.gif

Two things about pictures:
1) We need a good source of them;
2) Remember that the more pictures = the more file size of the Mag (meaning longer download times for you guys wink.gif )

The second part's not probably that much of an issue, since you're obviously keen to read it tongue.gif But we do need a good source of Pictures tongue.gif
jimbob1066e
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 01:38 PM

Group Icon

Howdy

Ok... I have the pictures (Or access to them...) I have slowly over the last year been collecting permission to post o&g pics from CMON, personal websites - etc... so, yeah between 'us' and the inspirationals I can get we are good.

Argento - I agree one pic per page. AND I don't think most folks were aware of this, but I was secretly fighting in the background for shorter, clearer articles - lol. But we have to get an issue out there before we can 'tune' it.

Kebabi - no, unfortunetly Jimbob did not win, BUT he was a finalist. Rune did win a Silver with his duel.

Ok folks, lets keep this good discussion going! What else?

peace biggrin.gif
MorkaisChosen
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 03:48 PM

Now understands Goofycabal's avatar...

Member No.: 1,436

QUOTE (Goofycabal @ Sep 30 2005, 03:08 AM)
2) Remember that the more pictures = the more file size of the Mag (meaning longer download times for you guys wink.gif )

Save 'em as JPEGs or summat like that. They're compressed...
Waaagh Argento
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 04:41 PM

Orc

One thing that I really enjoyed bout this e-mag compared to the one from the druchii.net was the personal feeling it had to it. The druchii.net was to impersonal wanted to give a professional look. This one has a more human feeling... witch I think is better. Even the white dwarf doesn┤t have the airs the other page has...
« Next Oldest | Da Warpath Quarterly | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1067 seconds | Archive