InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Goblin Landsknechts - Wizards And Clerics, how Kev Adams sculpted me some goblins
white knight
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 07:34 PM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,353

It was suggested in my thread with the Kev Adams conversions that I also show you these. If this is the wrong part of the forum, let me know.

I've commissioned a small range of Landsknecht style goblins from Kev. They are multipart (separate heads and separate weapons), so you can assemble them in a variety of ways so that no two models have to look the same.

All together there are something like 12 bodies, 16 heads and 10 or so weapons. Weapon options are spears, halberds, swords, handguns or crossbows.

The original 4 bodies (with 6 heads, 5 weapons and a shield):
user posted image

A couple painted mastercastings:

user posted image

user posted image

The 8 new bodies after moulding of the original 4:
[img width=800 height=202]http://wk.frothersunite.com/misc/wk/gobs2.jpg[/img]

The new heads (the missing one is visible in the above image):

user posted image

user posted image

Another look at the 8 new bodies:

user posted image

user posted image

Some of the "plug-in" types (handless bodies) in action:

user posted image

The sprues (spears and halberds have been sprued up differently since). The little shield in the lower right corner has a hand attached to it. This will allow to use the normal (one-handed weapons) on the plug-in type bodies in combination with the shield for even more variety in the poses.

user posted image

All these are currently at the mouldmaker for productionmoulding.

This post has been edited by white knight on Aug 27 2012, 04:55 PM
BorkBork
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 07:43 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

nice,

do i understand correctly that these will be for sale in the near future?
white knight
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 07:50 PM

Snotling

QUOTE (BorkBork @ Oct 30 2011, 07:43 PM)
do i understand correctly that these will be for sale in the near future?

Yes. They are primarily designed as a project for my personal collection, but I will also sell them through my blog as long as the mould holds. smile.gif
BorkBork
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 09:11 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

Ok, i just might.
white knight
Posted: Nov 1 2011, 02:29 PM

Snotling

While the goblins are with Pete Brown for productionmoulding, I couldn't resist temptation to paint a couple spare mastercastings of the new ones. Last time I painted one with sword and shield and one with a handgun, this time I'd do one with spear and shield, one with a crossbow and two with halberds

user posted image

First two of the Goblin Halberdier unit. I decided to give all the goblins in this unit helmets (luckily, I have 4 variants, so they don't all need to look the same) and a majority of them breastplates. This will give them a certain uniformity. I'm quite happy with how they look and the helmets almost give me a LOTR vibe. The scrolls on the shield read "We Be Goblin" (mostly because there wasn't enough room to add the "s" at the end).

user posted image

user posted image

The one with the spear uses one of the handless "shooter" bodies and the shield with a hand already sculpted onto it. I noticed after assembly that the shield is pointing a bit to the ground. It could have been placed differently with a quick pass with a needlefile on the sleeve. Hopefully this option will help to make them look sufficiently different from the "thrusting the spear with both hands" option (as seen on the second halberdier) and add to the variety. Oh, and the little scroll on the shield says "Up Yours". They may be dressed as civilised beings, but they're still rude goblins after all.

user posted image

The crossbow goblin. Not much to say, other than that I realised when I started painting it that if I'd given it a spear instead of a crossbow, he'd look a lot like the marauder MM15 pikedwarf.

user posted image

A group shot with the other two:
user posted image
Timbor
Posted: Nov 3 2011, 12:03 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,596

[/drool]

Those look flawless. I am very impressed at how well all your sculpted minis have turned out. I have to make sure I get enough Christmas money for this stuff! laugh.gif
white knight
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 05:50 PM

Snotling

The goblins are now available for sale. Apologies for the patchwork pictures, these will be replaced soon.

user posted image

In all, there are 12 different bodies and a plethora of heads and weapon options.

* GOBLIN INFANTRY SET 1 :

WKG-01A: Goblin Core Infantry with Spears and Shields 1 (6)
WKG-01B: Goblin Core Infantry with Halberds and Shields 1 (6)
WKG-01C: Goblin Core Infantry with Swords and Shields 1 (6)

* GOBLIN INFANTRY SET 2 :

WKG-02A: Goblin Core Infantry with Spears and Shields 2 (6)
WKG-02B: Goblin Core Infantry with Halberds and Shields 2 (6)
WKG-02C: Goblin Core Infantry with Swords and Shields 2 (6)
WKG-02D: Goblin Core Infantry with Handguns (6)
WKG-02E: Goblin Core Infantry with Crossbows (6)

* GOBLIN HEADS:
WKGH-01: Goblin Heads with Sallet Helmet (6)
WKGH-02: Bare Goblin Heads (6)

Find them here:
http://whiteknightminiatureimperium.blogsp...bel/All%20posts

Morten C
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 06:16 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

They're beautiful man!!! smile.gif

I do have 70 goblins i need to paint before considering buying more wink.gif But I would love to own them though smile.gif
white knight
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 04:54 PM

Snotling

I thought I'd show you the goblin command figures that Kev Adams completed for me: a modular captain, 2 modular musicians and two different standards to use with the rank and file models of WKG-01.

The champion comes with separate head and three different weapon options: sword, pistol or flambergé greatsword.

user posted image

The first musician, the drummer, comes with separate head and is one of my favourite models of the range.

user posted image

The second musician is a hornblower. No separate head for this one, but he does come with sword or pistol option.

user posted image

Funds didn't allow a separate model for a standardbearer, but with these two standardhands, you can change any rank and file goblin from the WKG-01 sets into a standardbearer. The standardtops are representing a little goblin cherub (a parody on a well known renaissance theme) and a boar head.

user posted image

The various bits in the command set:

user posted image

Aside from the command models, we also have the first of a set of character figures, which can be used as either a general, a hero or another champion. Characters need names of course, so I give you Gob de Leon. He has the option for a bare head or a helmet.

user posted image

user posted image

http://whiteknightminiatureimperium.blogspot.com/
Chilledenuff
Posted: Jan 12 2012, 08:32 AM

Da Sneaky Wun

Member No.: 6,335

These are great. They'd be ideal to guard the napoleon goblin i did for the advent challenge (not historically accurate, but a much better fit then gw's goblins).
Father Grumpmas
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 07:36 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 4,019

I've seen these guys on the Frothers site as well and they are truely great.

Is there any truth to the rumour/idea that you might produce alternative halfling heads to go on the bodies.

That would be so neat and an answer to many an Empire players dreams (hint hint biggrin.gif )

This post has been edited by Father Grumpmas on Jan 17 2012, 07:38 PM
white knight
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 09:33 AM

Snotling

Yes, there is. A brief for a selection of halfling heads will be included in the next sculpting brief for Kevin.
Father Grumpmas
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 10:00 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 4,019

QUOTE (white knight @ Jan 18 2012, 09:33 AM)
Yes, there is. A brief for a selection of halfling heads will be included in the next sculpting brief for Kevin.

That is excellent news - will keep my eyes open for these wub.gif
white knight
Posted: May 9 2012, 06:12 PM

Snotling

For those that are interested, the following are now available:

WKG-03: Goblin Core Infantry Command (3)
user posted image
WKG-10: Gob de Leon, Captain with Twin Swords (1)
user posted image

(and a whole bunch of new landsknecht dwarfs as well)
white knight
Posted: Aug 27 2012, 05:01 PM

Snotling

The following goblin characters are now available from the Getting Some section, all by Kev Adams

The first one is named Gobboprince de Lu, based on his passing resemblance to the 80's version of a famous cooky mascotte. He comes with an elegant sword with decorated hilt and a double barreled pistol option.

user posted image

Since it takes all sorts, the troops are comforted by this lovely goblin floozy. Or is it just a goblin in drag? Either way, you should be in for a quite a unique/horrifying experience.

user posted image

Gobbo Cortez is widely known for his stylish facial hair, a rare thing among goblinoids, raising suspicions as to whether it might in fact be a fake. Either way, his two pistols tend to be quite convincing in dealing with tose non-believers.

user posted image

user posted image

Then there's the magic users. I'll start with the Clerics of Gob (aka "Gob the Almighty" or "The Great Gobbo In The Sky"). Clerics of Gob go into battle wearing light armour and wielding enchanted battlehammers or flaming swords. You could of course use these as armoured wizards and substitute the weapons for those from the wizard sprues.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Then there are the wizards themselves. These come with three body variants, 4 goblin wizard heads and a load of left and right hand options.

The heads are: "pointy wizard hat"-head, "pointy hat and fake beard"-head, "My head is on fire and I'm totally cool with it"-head and "I'm wearing this skullcap and spectacles to look smarter-head.

Right hand weapon options include: "gnarly wood"-staff, curved sword, comical wand and flaming sword.
Left hand options include: "moon emblem"-staff, flaming sword and mystical hammer.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Some random assembled examples:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Finally, some goblin heads:

- 6 new goblin infantry heads with various types of morion-style helmets for those who want some troops to match the Gob de Leon and Gobbo Cortez figures.

user posted image

- two sets with all the goblin heads that until now were only available with the core infantry sets:

user posted image

user posted image

http://whiteknightminiatureimperium.blogsp...bel/All%20posts

« Next Oldest | Painting and Hobby | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1947 seconds | Archive