InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Bfsp Article?, Modelling guide for BfSP
Sambojin
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 08:45 AM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,794

I've just recently posted some piccies of a few easy conversion of some spiders from BfSP and I was wondering what other players were coming up with? It'd be a cool idea to have an article with the best and simplest conversions (preferably only using BfSP bits, or easily accessible O+G ones). Since there's going to be so many of these models about the idea is for a guide that any amateur can use to add a little flair to their own starter set, and maybe even learn some skills for future modelling projects. I'm not sure if my own techniques would really be appropriate for a guide ("light em up and hold your breathe") but there's alot better, easier things to do to funk em up a bit. Someone mentioned hot water, which could give an infinite variety of poses with little detail lose.

Just for a starter, check out my "Easy, Unique Spiders" thread in Painting and Hobby. If anyone else has some cool ideas, post them in P+H for everyone to see. The best thing is, if we all write enough BS and post enough piccies, we can just leave it to DWQ editors to sort out the actual article (the more piccies we throw at them, the more likely there will be a few worthwhile for the article). I'll grab some web storage soon so I can give links on here for a few of my conversions (by tommorow I plan on having a blade-footed, knife-fanged cyber giant spider on a 40mm base. Take that steam-horsey!)

Sambojin
Yak
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 12:09 PM

Giant Cave Squig

Member No.: 2,513

Well my siders will be ridden by christmas night goblins. It'll take me a while to get around to them as I'm finishing two units of 30 christmas night goblins first, and possibly a giant. Then some squig hoppers, so It'll be a while. But if you just want BFSP minis, then I can post some of my christmas ones. When my internet gets fixed dry.gif
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 06:17 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Well as one of the editors from DWQ I find this a very good idea, but if you guys start on it make sure we get pic's for the 1st of october, then we can compile it and release DWQ on time.

So get started on it smile.gif.

Greetz
G
Traxo
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 08:26 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 3,169

Hi...

im have for a long time sneeked around here on your forun and now im finally pulled myself together to registry my self...

i think this is a wonderful idea as i have a bunch of conversions from BFSP made only from the models, a very small amount of GS and various spare bases and junk... what i have made so far is:

Spider Chariot (used as wolf chariot) spider with scrap build chariot (made of sprue and plastic sheet)
NG fanatic. made from a NG archer with some wire and GS.
Shaman made out from a spare spear NG. again a minimum of GS.
and various others.

what im trying to say is that i gladly would provide some pics and guides of how to do these conversions.

please let me know if you need my help...

Traxo
Sambojin
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 10:01 PM

Goblin

Yep, for sure. I want as many images as possible. I'll see if I can grab some web space today, just so's we all have an area to dump images (if you can, get them down to 50-200k in size, it makes it easier to transfer them). Anyone that wants to chuck up some images can either email them to a DWQ editor, or I'll give out the password for U/L'ing to thems that PM me. For a starter, DWQ editors can feel free to rip my images of the spider conversions off warseer.
Post with my minis on it.

Remember everyone, I don't care if you take 50 piccies of your minis. We NEED alot of quantity over the next week or so. Post them here, whether they be a conversion, a scratch built piece or simply a nice looking paint job. Just chuck together any shots you can. If you can, make a post in this forum giving a description of your minis and preferably what bits you used (and what techniques if necessary).

Note: You dont need a great camera to do this. Anything 1MP+ is great. This includes almost all digital cameras, any scanned photos and even most camera phones. Remember, they're going to be scaled to fit the mag, so mega high resolution isn't that necessary. Just take a snapshot with anything you can get your hands on and chuck it on here. I'll arrange the web space and post back here once its done.

Sambojin
Sambojin
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 12:28 AM

Goblin

Ok, the web space is up. You can find it under Sambo's DWQ5 images.

The idea is for anyone else to email me: sambojin@hotmail.com or Gazhkull at http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_War...ODE=00&MID=1643 their pictures and I'll add them to the page. Everyone will get their own directory under their Warpath username (so's its easy to see who gets credit for what). I'll give Gazhkull the pw so he can grab what he wants (yep, by posting you just nominated yourself to handle images mate).

There's 150mb of space there, so I don't mind if you want to send a fair few piccies (my email inbox is the limiting factor). I'll chuck up what people give me over the next couple of weeks under their directory so's everyone can see them. It might give away a bit of the article, but a constant WIP update is handy, and will probably give us all new ideas for our own minis.

If you've done so much as a good colour scheme to unit we want to see them. Camera phone shots, scanned piccies, digi shots, you name - we'll take it. Even though alot of the photo's might have to be culled from the finished mag, you'll still be able to show off what didn't make it. It takes a little while for the server to update, and I'll be working a bit, but I'll try and get all images up within 48hrs of getting them. Please make em under 200k in size or hotmail will explode.

Also, with your photo contributions add a post to this thread, telling what you used, how you did it excetera. The whole idea is for the DWQ editors to be able to cut/paste/edit down a few little articles for each page of mini's. Lets see if we can all bulk out DWQ by at least 10 pages in 2 weeks eh? Should be pretty easy.

Sambojin
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 02:45 AM

Goblin

Just a little WIP update: The cyber spider.

2 piccies of it, bad camera work, and a piccy alongside a wolvy and a WW knight to show height. Once I've cleaned up the cut marks, melt marks and straightened up the tail a little it will be ready to go. I used 9 NG spear points(legs and tail sting) , 2 swords from the gobbo with his bow raised(for fangs) and a tomb spider leg (for the tail, got it free at one stage). The gobbo on top will be a forest gobbo with a lengthened, multi-pronged spear (porko's) sitting in a throne like seat. My inspiration for this mini is the cyber spider daemon from doom.

The pictures are under the file names cyberspider1.jpg->cyberspider3.jpg in the above link. I'll update when I've finished.

The NG wont go to waste as I'm going to attach the bottom of their spears to the top and melt them into clubs. Nets from stockings (or fly screen) will be attached to a few for a unit of netters & clubbers.

C'mon guys, speed is of the essence here. Admittedly none of my minis have been cleaned yet, but that shouldn't take too long. This is just a WIP forum, so post up ANY piccies you can.

Edit: Update - The cyber spider is now finished. Filenames cyberspider4->6

The throne is made out of plasticine covered in glue, the extra spear points from miners picks. I melted 2 skull thingies to the back and added a captured slayer (the rope is just heated, twisted sprue piece). The third shot has a spider rider in it just to show how far this thing towers over them.

I'm stoked at how this turned out. I could quite frankly spend an age messing around on it, but I'll try and get around to so more things tommorrow. Anywayz, off to work I go. angry.gif

Sambojin

This post has been edited by Sambojin on Sep 15 2006, 04:23 AM
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 05:49 AM

Group Icon

I will post a topic in the painting and hobby section so that more people look to it and so more people will constribute to the article.

Do you mind I load you're pic's up on my photobucket so I can filter out the pic's I don't need or the pic's with lower quality.

I will throw in some pic's of my shaman if I can borrow a digi cam

Greetz
G

edit: I will scan trough the pic's on sunday smile.gif, so don't worry if I'm not active.

This post has been edited by Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull on Sep 15 2006, 05:52 AM
Sambojin
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 12:34 PM

Goblin

Yep, you've got free rights to grab any pictures of mine you want. By next week (tue-wed) I'll make sure my models are clean and ready for DWQ. I'll probably take a bung load of pictures, I'll leave it up to you to sort out what you want.

Sambo's checklist:
Spiders - 80% done
cyber spider - done
NG Spears + fanatics - 20% done
NG Netters & Clubbers - 0%
Melting article - 5% done

This is about what I want to get done by next Saturday, with plenty of piccies and a little article (a bit more expanded than has been written here) for each group. That gives you a good core to start from, any extras will help tremendously. I'll PM you the melting article and the mini-blurbs by then.

Someone has to be able to do better than my amateurish attempts.
Where's Arfa when you need him?
sanj
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 06:50 PM

Official, forum's slowest painter

Member No.: 2,128

Oooh!

Just noticed this thread. I'll get in on it if you like.
I have some pics of my spider riders here Sanj's Night Goblin Spider Riders

These pics aren't great quality, I'll try and take better ones for the article. I suppose I could write a snippet on putting night goblins from the boxset on spiders?

Also I have done a weapon swap on the BFSP troll, the pic is awful though!
Sambojin
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 11:27 PM

Goblin

Thatd be great. I just looked at your brilliant looking spiders (and asked if you wanted to do just that). If you can, take about 6 or more shots so you'll have pretty good odds of getting some nice ones and then just mail the whole lot to me or Gazhkull. Depending on how many other entries get in, you could end up with 1 piccy or 10 in DWQ so you may as well give heaps. If you can write up a quick little article that'd be sweet (not much, just something to fill up some space between the piccies telling people how you did it). If you want you can also give a caption for each picture (to help along the article or for whatever you want). Then just post it here or email it to Gazhkull.

Cheers in advance

Sambojin

This post has been edited by Sambojin on Sep 15 2006, 11:31 PM
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Sep 18 2006, 05:12 PM

Group Icon

Hello there I skimmed trough the pic's and here is a selection of them

http://sambojin.batcave.net/dwq5_bfsp_imag...in/rearing1.JPG

http://sambojin.batcave.net/dwq5_bfsp_imag...yberspider5.JPG This looks good but I would like to see less blurry pic's from this smile.gif

http://sambojin.batcave.net/dwq5_bfsp_imag...mmand_unit1.JPG

But I need more pictures, is it also possible to smack some paint on a few of them?

Greetz
G
Sambojin
Posted: Sep 19 2006, 03:03 AM

Goblin

I hate to say it, but I'm probably just going to ruin it by adding paint. I'll get at least 2 units done up for the mag by Saturday though. I'm not going to bother with the melting article, I'll just put together some piccies of the end result. Might have to see if I can rope in some QGG members to help me paint on Wednesday.

And now I'm going to pass out. It was my birthday last night. wacko.gif

Sambojin
Arfa
Posted: Sep 20 2006, 02:28 AM

Da Warpath's resident mad scientist of conversions
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,092

QUOTE (Sambojin @ Sep 15 2006, 12:34 PM)
Where's Arfa when you need him?

At work tongue.gif

What do you want/need done? Ill try to fit it in, Im pretty flatout at the moment though.

Arfa da Grate
Sambojin
Posted: Sep 20 2006, 02:53 AM

Goblin

Ummm, a unit of NG painted to your normal brilliant standard? Or whatever you want really. It's really supposed to be a BfSP conversion article, but the main objective is to show how to make the minis look cool easily. I'm going to grab a tin of wattyl walnut and just dip my spiders and NG (it's gotta come off better than my normal "black ink everywhere" approach). I'm finally onto my weekend so I'll chuck up a few more piccies by tommorow hopefully. If we all get 5 or more piccies in it'll at least be a few pages. The articles only have to be small (or big if you want to give a full guide).

Geez I wish I'd planned all this a bit earlier. Only 2 units to go and a heap of paint. biggrin.gif

« Next Oldest | Da Warpath Quarterly | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1157 seconds | Archive