zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: We'z got a new Big Boss (Global Mod).

Pages: (83) « First ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Adm'rul Kurgan's Ironfang Pirate Fleet, Ahoy! A Wealth of Pirate Orcy Goodness!
Wazoo
Posted: Feb 1 2016, 08:11 PM

Big Boss

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,687

Your models look great as always, the extra highlight does add a lot to them! But I would say that the troll seems a little flat in comparison? Maybe give him another highlight too?

How many different orc Mordheim warbands do you have? Is there any chance you could take a group picture?

Wazoo
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Feb 9 2016, 09:53 AM

Swashbuckling Pirate Orc Admin!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 198

Razkhadim the Djinn Binder summons Irthaluk The Traveller, an untrustworthy air Djinn, to serve ‪‎The Chimeras‬.

(I'm using the Warscrolls for a Chaos Sorcerer Lord and a summoned Herald of Tzeentch.)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The Chimera's leaders watch the binding...

user posted image

In the dark of the moonless night the Chimeras crowded round Razkhadhim and the large brass bottle as the Djinn Binder carefully removed the wax seal while reciting the ancient words of control. They nodded to each other in silent approval; they always enjoyed a good ritual. As the seal crumbled and fell to the sand the Orc Corsairs shuffled a few steps back.

The Djinn flowed out of the brass bottle like smoke, laughing like thunder. His pale turquoise skin transformed from moment to moment: Now almost transparent, now as solid as stone. From the waist down he faded into billowing sand coloured clouds. He rolled and span as he revelled in his new-found freedom, stretching his arms and shouting. The whirling of the Djinn stirred up the wind and the sand, whipping the long robes of the gathered group.

After a few minutes he seemed to notice Razkhadhim and the cowering Orc Corsairs for the first time. For a tiny fraction of a second his face fell, his expression changed to fear, panic and loathing. But the fleeting moment passed and his mastered his emotions. He slowly folded his arms with a disdainful look of pride and arrogance.

"What is your wish, my master?" he said in a booming voice loaded with scornful contempt.
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Feb 9 2016, 10:04 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Wazoo @ Feb 1 2016, 09:11 PM)
How many different orc Mordheim warbands do you have? Is there any chance you could take a group picture?

Have a look through some of my battle and campaign reports for group photos (links in first post of this thread) - but I have lots:

Pirates:

The Halibutteers - Pirate Orcs disguised as Fishmen
The Ogresuns - Sartosa's greenest swashbucklers
The Gloomwyrms - "Monkey:Journey to the West" themed Cathayan Orc Woku
The Rotmoons - Estallian Privateers
The Chimeras - Arabyan Corsairs
The Cleavermaws - Badlands Bucaneers

The Rest:

Da NachtJägers - Orc Witch Hunters and follows of Sigmork
The Crowmoons - Night Goblin styled Orcs
The More-than-three Musketorcs
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Feb 14 2016, 09:55 PM

Group Icon

The Grots! Occasional artillery crew, always downtrodden.

The D'Regs - Pashmak, Noghul and Sabzi

user posted image

user posted image

The B'dooin - Kabob, Baglava and Qatog

user posted image

user posted image

Haddar the Bully

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

All the updated & re-based Chimeras so far (just 10 Boyz left to do):

user posted image
Wazoo
Posted: Feb 15 2016, 01:51 PM

Big Boss

Looks good! I like the conversion from the 40k grots, also Haddar's trousers are cool!

Wazoo
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Feb 21 2016, 07:13 PM

Group Icon

Another 5 Boyz for the Chimeras - this leaves 5 more to complete the warband's re-basing.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Feb 26 2016, 09:26 AM

Group Icon

The last 5 Boyz of The Chimeras re-based:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This is this batch and the previous batch of Orruk Boyz together. I will try to get a shot of the complete warband soon.

user posted image
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Mar 14 2016, 12:01 PM

Group Icon

user posted image

I have completed re-basing next unit of the Ironfang Pirate Fleet and I'm really pleased with how they look on 50mm round bases!

This distinctly fishy unit of Sea Trolls (using the River Troll rules) will be expanded later but I intend to field them this week in a game with Godfather Viktor, in our Duskhaven campaign.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Wazoo
Posted: Mar 14 2016, 07:07 PM

Big Boss

Very cool, I really like the crab claw addition.

Wazoo
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Mar 18 2016, 10:01 AM

Group Icon

user posted image

I've started re-basing the new crew: Kaptain Mogrum and the Cleavermaws!

The Cleavermaws are Orruk Pirates sailing out of Blackwater, in Ghur, the Realm of Beasts.

Da Cleavermaw itself is a hulking conglomeration of different wrecked and captured ships, cobbled together over many years from their victims and any old junk they could salvage. The prow and stern are completely mismatched and it rides the waves in an ungainly, awkward way. It looks like a dog, steers like a cow and smells like a slum. Luckily it also packs a punch like a prizefighter: it is equipped with mechanical contractions to grapple and board an enemy and vast amounts of heavy artillery.

Her commander, Kaptain Bilgewater, was quietly mad - he firmly believed he was a serving captain in a "Royal Navy", rather than in a pirate fleet, under the command of "Admiral" Kurgan Grimjaw and serving a Prince.

He ran his crew on the lines of a formal national navy: ranks, discipline, rum-rations, attacking "enemy" vessels, and writing long tiresome written reports to the Admiral. His crew knew they were really pirates but they tended to go along with him as he always managed to find a good fight - though they were never really happy about the way he ran the ship. Unlike most pirate crews the Cleavermaws weren't very interested in gold or money, just materials that will enable their continued cruising and fighting. Anything they find aboard captured "prize" vessels that isn't immediately useful was sent back to the fleet.

But, as with groups of greenskins everywhere, if they are left to their own devices for too long things turn ugly. After a particularly long cruise, with no enemy in sight, fights started to break out below decks. Orruks are used to this and consider it their right. The also consider it perfectly normal for the Boss to wade in, crack a few heads together and stop the fight before it gets too messy. But Bilgewater went berserk: He had many of the crew flogged half to death "Ta restore a bit o' order".

This wouldn't have been a disaster if he hadn't taken a further step. A step too far for most of the Cleavermaws: he emptied the rum overboard!

That night there was a secret meeting in the depths of the forward cable tiers - a group of Big'Unz (Mogrum "Da Butcha", Mr Sludga, Lost Uzzog the Shaman, and even Mr Badrot - Bilgewater's first mate - among them) got together and plotted to overthrow Kaptain Bilgewater and his cronies.

Mogrum led a mutiny against Kaptain Bilgewater and took over command of the Cleavermaw. Bilgewater, his officers and his "redcoats" (Mollroy and Mortog) were marooned on a desert island while the rest of the crew sailed away without them.

~ ~ ~

Kaptain Mogrum Da Butcha
Skull-faced mask, big floppy hat, long red coat, festooned with pistols.
He is completely obsessed with closely examining the captured papers, maps, charts, orders, logbooks and letters - he has standing orders for the crew to gather them from captured ships. He hoards them in his cabin and, along with his clerk, pours over them for hours in the night making details notes and trying to fit them together or to make sense of them as a whole.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Mr Sludga
Pirate Orc first mate - hulking lunk of a Black Orc. Armed to da Teef, bandana, massive kutlass.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Lost Uzzog
Orc Shaman in a huge hybrid wizard/pirate hat with a tall (bent) point and a very broad brim, folded up at the front with a skull & bones pin, long beard, staff, compass, spell book and scroll.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Mr Badrot the second mate

user posted image

user posted image

Ledger Nud the Kaptain's clerk and Skribla his Goblin assistant.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Warboss Gorbolg
Posted: Mar 18 2016, 12:47 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,649

The cleavermaws might be my favorite of your crews. They look great individually but even better together. Sludga in particular turned out great between color choices, pattern, and bits.

I do sort of feel that a big gribbly would look great on the right to balance out the weedy gits over there. Perhaps an ogre or troll behind and between Morgrum and Nud. yarr.gif
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Mar 18 2016, 01:29 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Warboss Gorbolg @ Mar 18 2016, 01:47 PM)
The cleavermaws might be my favorite of your crews.  They look great individually but even better together.  Sludga in particular turned out great between color choices, pattern, and bits.

Thanks very much! I'm very fond of this crew - disproportionately compared to the quality some of their fairly ancient paint-jobs maybe!

QUOTE (Warboss Gorbolg @ Mar 18 2016, 01:47 PM)
I do sort of feel that a big gribbly would look great on the right to balance out the weedy gits over there.  Perhaps an ogre or troll behind and between Morgrum and Nud.  yarr.gif

There is a Big Gribbly on the way for re-basing soon (ish)! I just need to re-base 20 Boyz and you'll get to see it (again!).
yarr.gif
cb_rex
Posted: Mar 18 2016, 02:00 PM

Warboss Azbad Bonecruncher

Member No.: 4,967

Great stuff, I love Ledger Nud and Skribla. The pictures are a a bit big though, it makes it tricky looking through the blog, the first picture in the last images post you made probably would have been sufficient.

Otherwise keep up the great work!
Warboss Gorbolg
Posted: Mar 18 2016, 11:42 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,649

With all the bits and a little details that WBK adds, I think we need at least a front and back shot.
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Mar 24 2016, 09:40 AM

Group Icon

user posted image

I feel like I've got some momentum going with this re-basing project now!

Drabbler Rux

user posted image

user posted image

Gunport Pug

user posted image

user posted image

Rudder Gak

user posted image

user posted image

Oiler Tunn

user posted image

user posted image

Bosun Higgs
(I'm stupidly pleased with this name!)

user posted image

user posted image

Mr Deadwood

user posted image

user posted image

The finished Cleavermaws so far:

user posted image
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (83) « First ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1216 seconds | Archive