Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: We'z got a new Big Boss (Global Mod).

Pages: (84) « First ... 82 83 [84]  ( Go to first unread post )

Adm'rul Kurgan's Ironfang Pirate Fleet, Ahoy! A Wealth of Pirate Orcy Goodness!
Wazoo
Posted: Jul 17 2016, 01:46 AM

Big Boss

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,687

A great looking warband! I feel that this is the best thing about AOS Warhammer, you can feasibly make several small warbands of completely different styles or races. While I am a little unsure of the game mechanics (I haven't played it yet) I feel like it is a painter's dream! Although I still like the look of ranked up models.

I love Redbull's beard by the way.

Wazoo

WarbossKurgan
Posted: Jul 18 2016, 09:44 AM

Swashbuckling Pirate Orc Admin!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 198

QUOTE (Wazoo @ Jul 17 2016, 02:46 AM)
A great looking warband! I feel that this is the best thing about AOS Warhammer, you can feasibly make several small warbands of completely different styles or races. While I am a little unsure of the game mechanics (I haven't played it yet) I feel like it is a painter's dream! Although I still like the look of ranked up models.

I love Redbull's beard by the way.

Wazoo

Thanks Wazo. I agree with your assessment of AoS as a painter's dream! The free-form army building has let me use Ogres, Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, Giants and humans in the same force and I rare use the same army for 2 games in a row. I have not been so motivated to do hobby stuff in years!
yarr.gif

I was never a fan of ranked-up units as it always hid some of my best work in the ranks. Orcs should be an unruly rabble, not parade-ground neat!
wink.gif
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Jul 18 2016, 10:42 AM

Group Icon

This wasn't a re-base, strictly speaking, as the looted cannon never actually had a base... But as part of my re-basing project I am adding bases to this and the other five or six guns I have in my Pirate Orruk army. So here's...

Geedo Forks and Da Fireworkz! (counts as a Rock Lobber)

user posted image

As well as making a new base for it I have re-painted the fabric that is wrapped around the gun carriage, to match the Rotmoons colours. I intend to assign one (or more) guns to each of my pirate crews.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Kaptain BlackSquig
Posted: Jul 18 2016, 12:48 PM

Da Kaptain of KrakenRok

Member No.: 600

Typical Gobbo thinkin, putin da kannon ballz in front of da kannon! rolleyes.gif

Great work mate! I am working on rebasing my stuff for AoS as well, where are you getting your bases from? Tell a git please!

Da Kaptain yarr.gif
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Jul 18 2016, 02:27 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kaptain BlackSquig @ Jul 18 2016, 01:48 PM)
Typical Gobbo thinkin, putin da kannon ballz in front of da kannon! rolleyes.gif

But... but... but... that's the end they go in!
(There weren't no breach-loaders available to age-of-sail pirates matey!)
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kaptain BlackSquig @ Jul 18 2016, 01:48 PM)
Great work mate! I am working on rebasing my stuff for AoS as well, where are you getting your bases from? Tell a git please!

Thanks!
Games Workshop! I mail-order White Dwarf every week, and add a pack of bases to the order each time.
yarr.gif
Kaptain BlackSquig
Posted: Jul 18 2016, 06:17 PM

Da Kaptain of KrakenRok

Member No.: 600

I was just funning mate, but right in front of the barrel? Gots to be a Grot idea! biggrin.gif
I also see that "counting as" the cannon as a Rock Lobba makes works great in AoS.

Speaking of dumb Grots, I never even thought to search the GW site for bases...now I know so thanks! Got to start converting over my army.

Keep up the good work mate!

Da Kaptain yarr.gif
Theorox
Posted: Jul 18 2016, 08:14 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Your Plog is, as always, a treasure trove. biggrin.gif

Theo
Wazoo
Posted: Jul 18 2016, 09:54 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 5,687

Looking good! I love the detail you add to each base!

Wazoo
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Jul 20 2016, 12:08 PM

Group Icon

Cheers Boyz!

Beermoth the Aleguzzler Gargant

These photos were taken before undercoating - I have since sprayed him black and given him a zenithal spray Mournfang Brown basecoat.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Kera Foehunter
Posted: Jul 20 2016, 10:10 PM

Pirate Queen
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,275

I see someone has free time. how that happen mr Kurgan Censored.gif Censored.gif Censored.gif luck lol
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Jul 21 2016, 10:03 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kera Foehunter @ Jul 20 2016, 11:10 PM)
I see someone has free time. how that happen mr Kurgan Censored.gif Censored.gif Censored.gif luck lol

Only about a half hour a day, but we changed the twins' bedtime routine and they settle a lot better now!
wub.gif wub.gif yarr.gif
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (84) « First ... 82 83 [84] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0741 seconds | Archive