Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

2000pt orc+gobbo
Morlorc
  Posted: Jan 10 2004, 05:54 PM

Dam you Moocow!

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

I tried putting this on the warhammer web, but only got one reply so. what do you think of this....

Morlorc da grim= 271pts
(black orc warboss)
great axe
heavy armour
Iron skin shield
iron gnashas
mounted on boar

Goblin shaman= 152pts
level2 shaman
mounted on wolf
nibblas 'itty ring
dispell scroll

Gromgork da slaughterer= 111pts
(orc big boss)
Great axe
enchanted shield
light armour
warboss umm's best big boss 'at

20xOrc boyz/ full command/ 2xhand weap= 148pts
20xOrc boyz/ Big 'uns/ full command/ 2xhand weap= 188pts
30xGoblins/ light armour/ spears/ full command= 140pts
30xGoblins/ light armour/ full command= 110pts
10xWolf riders/ Full command= 150pts
8xsquigs/8xnight goblins=124pts
20xBlack Orcs/ full command/ shields= 253pts
12xBoar Boyz/ standard= 230pts
2xWolf chariots= 120pts

TOTAL=1997pts

hope u like it only just started orcs + Gobbos
blink.gif
LordDhaphaos
Posted: Jan 10 2004, 07:20 PM

The one and only git

Member No.: 20

It looks good, but I would consider increasing the number of models in the squiq herd or getting rid of it altogether, because they are very vulnerable at that size, and if the Gobbos are killed, loose squiqs running around can do damage to your units.

Also, some people don't take Boar Boyz in smaller battles, because they are not as effective.
Snotteef
Posted: Jan 10 2004, 07:50 PM

Lord of All and Nothing

Member No.: 8

I would consider putting your warboss on foot so he can better lend his leadership to the boyz. I'd also rearrange his gear. Drogs Dead 'Ard Armor and a Great weapon can't be beat and is very inexpensive. Use the points to upgrade your bigboss to a battle standard, they are invaluable to an O&G army. Next I'd drop the squig herd (save it for bigger games) and increase your Orc units to 25. Change the 10 wolf riders with command to two regiments of five with musician. Wolves should be used as small fast cav units (5-7) that harass enemy flanks and war-machines or as large (15+) units of medium cavalry with light armor. I would also put your shaman on foot. Most O&G spells have decent range and the extra protection offered by being on foot far outweighs the extra movement of the wolf. On foot he can hide among your lines and not get picked out. On a wolf, he won't be so lucky.

Good luck and WAAAAAGH!

ninja.gif ninja.gif ninja.gif
Morlorc
  Posted: Jan 10 2004, 08:54 PM

Dam you Moocow!

Member No.: 31

thanx for the advice I'll drop the squig herd, and seperate the wolf riders, I was thinking of savage orcs, are they any better than normal orcs?

Thanx in advance blink.gif
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 2.3581 seconds | Archive