Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 8th Conversion Competition: Rank and File Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Warhammer Forge Orcs & Goblins - New Page, ORC ROGUE IDOL
Anton
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 10:37 AM

Lucky Git

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,901

Warhammer Forge has added a page for Orcs & Goblins. No content yet but I hope they fill it with awesomeness soon!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/ORCS...?filter_reset=1
Snikpik
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 10:54 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

yarr.gif yarr.gif yarr.gif yarr.gif yarr.gif

Whats the hope that they may make a new grom? or maybe some of the misisng characters? We can hope anyway.
Anton
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 11:07 AM

Lucky Git

I checked Whineseer and according to Hastings the first thing will be some sort of new Idol of Gork and/or Mork.

They will probably make the gargantuan squig from Tamurkhan (and supposedly Monstrous Arcana) at some point and I wouldn't be surprised by a BSB either.
Klavier
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 11:46 AM

'Ard Boy

Member No.: 5,407

smile.gifhttp://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ORC_ROGUE_IDOL.html

This post has been edited by Klavier on Feb 3 2012, 11:48 AM
Anton
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 11:57 AM

Lucky Git

Wow, that's fast.

user posted image

It has potential but I don't like the paintjob they gave it on the site.
BorkBork
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 12:31 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

An animated pile or rocks???

The model is not bad (not fantastic either) but it just does not fit with my ideas of O&G.
Anton
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 12:38 PM

Lucky Git

It is a Storm of Magic model, so kind of depends on massive amounts of magic energy around it to move. I would picture it as controlled by a shaman. I haven't been able to access the rules though, maybe the FW site is overloaded.
Captn Morgrim
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 01:52 PM

Dwarven Archpirate

Member No.: 6,159

Ye can find 'em experimental rules fer the thingy 'ere.

I likes the idea of an idol of Gork/Mork animating with enough Waaagh Magic surrounding it, apart from a Storm of Magic. Y'know that looks like a fine addon t' a regular Greenskin army. Pity we didn't get this thing in the book.

Readin' them rules again, I 'm surprised it's merely stubborn and not unbreakable. Must be the Gobbo's fault, influencing the Waaagh energy.

Cheers,

Captn M.

This post has been edited by Captn Morgrim on Feb 3 2012, 01:56 PM
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 02:55 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

Model is pretty cool, but at that price I'd rather make my own. Wouldn't be too hard at all. And I'm getting a 404 on their experimental rules. Hopefully site'll be back up soon.
theorox
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 03:24 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Quite like it. smile.gif Was also getting a 404 on the rules, but it's fine now. A Decent concept, very expensive both moneywise and pointswise...the rules seem pretty fun! ^^ Not the strongest choice possible, but very good for themed battles etc.

It's a shame it's that expensive (-wise). Shouldn't be more than the Arachnarok, really...

Theo
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 05:47 PM

Swashbuckling Pirate Orc Admin!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 198

I really like the idea of this but I'm not going to pay 65 for (essentially) a pile of stones! I will very happily use the rules and make my own (entirely wooden) Idol though!!
yarr.gif yarr.gif yarr.gif

There is a couple of mentions of this in the BRB.
Warboss Gorbolg
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 06:14 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,649

It actually has a lot of nice details. Would like to see it painted in a way that highlights all of the carvings, etc.
Cannibalbob
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 06:42 PM

Orc

Member No.: 3,721

Sold. It has enough detail that I will buy one - although I will probably convert it a bit too. I love the idea. A giant greenskin idol animated through Waaaagh energy is great. And considering that in the background they have said that the idols are often constructed from stone, wood, mud, and dung - this thing is possibly a giant poo-monster!

But I might convert one up specifically for my Night Goblins. The question is - what should it look like?
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 09:09 PM

Swashbuckling Pirate Orc Admin!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 198

QUOTE (Cannibalbob @ Feb 3 2012, 06:42 PM)
I might convert one up specifically for my Night Goblins. The question is - what should it look like?

It's face should be a giant Bad Moon!

user posted image
Cannibalbob
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 09:24 PM

Orc

Member No.: 3,721

QUOTE (WarbossKurgan @ Feb 3 2012, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (Cannibalbob @ Feb 3 2012, 06:42 PM)
I might convert one up specifically for my Night Goblins.  The question is - what should it look like?

It's face should be a giant Bad Moon!

user posted image

That's my thought as well. I will have to think for a while on just how to make a giant animated bad moon.

But I have a lot of conversion projects on my plate at the moment, so it would be a while before I could get to this anyways. And in my experience that is a good thing as projects turn out better when I have a lot of time to brainstorm them.
« Next Oldest | News, Instructions & Feedback | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0765 seconds | Archive