InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Savage Black Orcs!?!, my attempt on making some savage BOs
Skullfaced
Posted: Sep 5 2009, 05:59 PM

Da Big 'Un

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,462

user posted image
I was looking around the GW website and i came across these in their collectors tab for the orcs! then i started to think they would make awsome savage black orcs if you gave them some pelts and face paint, etc. Now you cant use the regular black orc stat line for some savage ones, so this is what i came up with.

M WS BS S T W I L 15 points per model.
4 4 3 4 4 1 3 7

; Frenzy, Warpaint

Equipment: a huge array of choppas.

options: cermonial shields 5+ points per model, musician +6 points, stanard bearer +12 points.

Ceremonial shields: these shields are nothing but animal skin strapped to a peice of wood with some pretty feathers, mostly used to show leadership among savage orc clans. Before a battle the shamans of the clan will take their most magikal items dey gotz and slap em on da shields for der boyz. These shields add +1 to the savage black orcs ward save.

The idea here is that a few Black Orcs that have the same thing in mind as savage orcs and want to stay with the old ways. I also left their LD the same as regular orc boyz, their savages.. I mainly wanted to create a stat line for these units for themed armies, and for fun. Any ideas for this, changes, additions, and anything im missing. and i'am not sure on the point range per model, the point i put was just a guess.

This post has been edited by Skullfaced on Sep 6 2009, 12:29 AM
Kozzag Bludfang
Posted: Sep 5 2009, 10:51 PM

Self-styled merc captain and allround useless git

Member No.: 5,202

Well, the problem with those models is that they all have light crossbows...and the standard bearer's a goblin. Maybe if you turned them into great axes...

And I'm fairly sure that armour and warpaint do not mix...apart from possibly typo'd rules for Savage Bosses, it's kind of got to be one or the other. (Shields are fine though)

Another nitpick....Initiative 4? That's twice as fast as a normal orc, savage or black!

Blorc Big 'Uns? Blorcs are already more powerful than big 'uns...

Hm...so it seems to me that the thing you're looking for is a blorc who finks dat de old ways iz best. Essentially, Blorc statline, but with Immune to Psychology, Frenzy, and Warpaint instead of armour. Black Orcs are a seperate form, maybe even species of orc. Savage Orcs have just been smashed in the head with a club a few too many times.

Sorry if I'm being over-presumptuous...still a good idea never mentioned in the books.

This post has been edited by Kozzag Bludfang on Sep 5 2009, 11:09 PM
Skullfaced
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 12:23 AM

Da Big 'Un

Hrm, now that i took a second look those are crossbows, i thought they were some form of pick axe or axe, and the gobbo could easily be replaced, the armor i added was only because the figs had it and heavy armor was way to much. and the initiative 4 was a guess, im at my friends house without a codex hehe, forget if it was 3 or 4. the big 'uns is more or less a mistake, im here thinking savage orc boyz can be upgraded to big 'uns and im morphing them into black orcs, so its just a mistake, iv updated it so hopefully its a little better. also if anyone finds some models that could be considered savage black orcs let me know! this is just what came to mind when i saw these models, because they look slightly less armored and unique. and i was expecting alot of conversion work anyways, especially if i added the shields.

This post has been edited by Skullfaced on Sep 6 2009, 12:28 AM
Skullfaced
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 12:30 AM

Da Big 'Un

And maybe the savage black orcs gotz more important things to do than carry a flag so he bullied a little gobbo to do it for him tongue.gif
Grupas
Posted: Sep 15 2009, 02:46 PM

Da Ravening Luna-Tics

Member No.: 4,745

maybe "the savage black snots" are just as powerfull as their orc counterparts, and considered equals biggrin.gif

seriously, I'm not really for the whole crossover idea. black orc boar riders I can still live with. But for an engineered race that lived ages between 'technology and forges' and have seen the might of weapons and armour... I think it's a bit lame for them to start using back wooden shields and bone weaponry.

anyways I still think your concept is cool but the name given sucks in my opinion.
"savage black orcs"

as for the conversion idea, you could just use them for savage orc big ones
Beer Lord
Posted: Oct 3 2009, 11:53 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 4,966

this is going to sound dumb but what is wrong with using them as Ruglands armoured oRCS?
Skullfaced
Posted: Oct 7 2009, 09:30 PM

Da Big 'Un

this was just an alternative use for the models
Beer Lord
Posted: Oct 10 2009, 12:15 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 4,966

Just wondering
« Next Oldest | Bits and Baubles | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0572 seconds | Archive