So this is the firste game for the Blood in the badlands Campaign.
All scenario characters (including their background and relations) can be viewed in THIS THREAD
. All entries are in english, but as the characters progress/dies things are changed and characters get replaced. This might confuse some readers if they choose to look at characters long after this game was placed!So this battle is what starts it for the wyrmclaw clan! For many years now the dragonback mountains are at relativ piece, the commander of defences, Vruugor Skullkeeper, Is not an orc who dreams of great WAAAGHs and battlefields. He loves controlling, patrolling, and kinckin the ladz. And noone does it better than him.
Now his hands have been forced though. In the south the great stronghold in the south, an important strategic point, which help controll the only pass between the mighty mountains, is under siege. The goblin messengers arraive a few days later with news of the burning fortress.
In the same moments a unholy and rotten messenger arraive in front of Vrugoor, with this letter:
Infuriated by the vampire, the warboss collect an army of orcs, to help him drive the vampire from the lands.
The orcs arrived at the ruins of their old stronghold, only to find it swarming with daemonic abominations... Confused and angry that he'll miss his revenge, the Half-troll warboss sounded the charge catching the daemons of guardCampaign special rules:
- The Daemon army will have use the deployment rules from the dawn attack scenario.
- All dangerous terrain tests are failed on 1 or 2.
- Life magic get +1 to cast.The ArmiesThe Orc list:
1 Black Orc Warboss @ 243.0 Pts
General; Heavy Armour; Shield
Talisman of Preservation
Crown of Command
1 Orc Great Shaman @ 215.0 Pts
Magic Level 4; Big Waagh; Choppa
1 Night Goblin Great Shaman @ 165.0 Pts
Magic Level 3; Little Waagh
1 Black Orc Big Boss @ 147.0 Pts
Heavy Armour; Shield; Battle Standard
Talisman of Endurance
1 Goblin Big Boss @ 96.0 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield
1 Gigantic Spider @ [0.0] Pts
38 Orc Boyz @ 301.0 Pts
Choppa; Light Armour; Shield; FC
3x5 Goblin Wolf Riders @ 55.0 Pts
Light Armour; Shield
14 Savage Big 'Uns @ 164.0 Pts
Frenzy; Second Choppa; Warpaint; Musician
30 Black Orcs @ 405.0 Pts
Heavy Armour; FC
Banner of the Eternal Flame [10.0]
6 Trolls @ 210.0 Pts
2 Rock Lobber @ 85.0 Pts
1 Doom Diver @ 80.0 Pts
1 Mangler Squig @ 65.0 Pts
2 Spear Chukka @ 35.0 Pts
Total Army Cost: 2496.0The Daemon list:
Herald of Tz @ 235
BSB, Dispair, Wings
Herald of Tz @ 165
Herald of Kho. @ 115
Herald of Sla @ 120
Siren song, Torment blade
28 Bloodletters @ 391
28 Plaugebearers @ 391
10 horrors @ 120
10 Daemonettes + champ @ 144
2x6 furies @ 72
5 Fiends @ 275
6 Flamers + Champ @ 275
4 Nurglings @ 140.
Total Army Cost: 2495.0Spells
- Orc: Eadbut, Brainbursta, Hand of gork, Gaze of mork.
- Goblin: Ichy, Vindictive, gork 'ill fix it.
- Tz sorcerer: Can't remember.
- Tz sorcerer: Loremaster shadow.Vanguard
- He got the Plaugebearers and a unit of starting in reserve.
- I forgot about the furies, and that nurglings are scouts, so when he had deployed his entire army i thought: Nice, no fast stuff on the right flank, so I place all my warmachines here. I havenÝt used goblins much yet, but this game where to be a lesson in why you never deploy warmachines like this! :(
- So as you can see, my warmachines are already under preassure from the start of the game.Orcs turn 1
My left flank moves up as you can see.
- I mostly hang back.
- But I want my savages to get to the flank before the fiends (behind the flamers on the hill). Having the hand of gork, I can use that room to move my black orcs, should he advance his bloodletters straight ahead.
- The spiderboss go hunt some flamers.
I don't vanguard with my leftmost wolfs, and charge the nurglings. The matchup isn't great, but I hope I can hold them and give my warmachines som rounds of shooting.
- In my magic fase the goblin wizard goes beserk, casting Itchy on fiends (to stall them in the race towards the flank).
- He also gets his two other spells of. Vindictive glare puts 3 woiunds on the flamers, and gork will fix it on them to minimize their shooting.
- In all three cases I steal a dice from my opponent, but he saves them for the hand of gork on the savages.
In combat my wolfriders actually win combat, and put 4 wounds on the nurglings. Very good start.Daemons turn 1
He moves up as you can see.
- Even though the fiends where hexed, they still had plenty of movement to catch the flank.
- This move di require that his flamers moved behind the bloodletters though, giving me a nice hard cover against their shooting.
- His Daemonettes with herald charge the wolfriders.
- His furies take the mangler and a single one survive, Which was actually quite good for me, even though it might seem unlucky.
- His remaining furies and plaugebearers enter the board on the right flank, buying me lots of time to try and handle the bloodletters.
- Magic: He gets pit of on my trolls, it scatters off, but still drags two to the depts.
- Shooting: His flamers shoot at my wolf riders, but needing 6's to hit, and being hexed, they only killed two.
- In combat he does of course slaughter the wolf riders.Orcs turn 2
Now this was terrible!
- First I move my wolfriders, then we remember Frenzy, roll for it and i fail, TWICE! So they declare a charge against the bloodletters and makes it.... UGH!!!
- I charge the wolfriders into the remaining Fury. And this is why it was great that one survived, I now ret an overrun into the daemonettes, and that combat won't be fought until his turn, robbing him a charge at my warmachines.
In the magicfase I get IF on Eadbutt and kill his general! :D
- The miscast puts a wound on both my shamans.
I shoot all my warmachines at the daemonettes, and everything fails to hit :(
In combat I kill the fury and overrun into the daemonettes.
And my savages are whiped out before they get to strike, and they overrun into the wolf riders.Daemons turn 2
His Furies charge my chukkas, and in the combat fase they kill it and overrun into the doom diver. The second chukka and rock lobber panic!
And this was amazing. The Daemonettes, having a hero with 5 attacks and a champion with three only kill 3 riders. So only loosing with 1 the wolfriders stick! :lol:
- In shooting his stupid flamers shoot at my spider boss. Now he has a rerollable 2+ armor save and a 2+ ward against fire... And he wounds me twice.. TWICE!!!! so frustrating..
- The bloodletters do of course kill the wolfs and reform.Orcs turn 3
- I hold back a little while advancing the trolls on the flank. I want to make his bloodletters hesitate and the takeout his bunker. Those points could see me in the lead again.
- Otherwise I dont see any choice but getting hand of gork off and help me outmaneuver the bloodletters. With the herald inthere granting them hatred, I can't tuch them with any of my units. Even the black orcs is a no go, as their stubborn warboss is to likely to get killing blowed.
- I move my shamans out even though he have chaff hanging around. I just can't risk them in the blackorcs.
- My spider boss gets to the fungus forrest. He's stedfast here, so if he charge with anything, I might be lucky and stick.
Over here it looks like this.
- In magic my goblin shaman eats a bad mushroom and takes a wound.
- My rocklobber actually makes it's panic check when the doomdiver is destroyed, but it's a hollow victory ;)Daemons turn 3
- His bloodletters fall back
- His slaneesh herald move out on it's own behind the bloodletters.
- The furies charge the rock lobber.
- His Tz herald leaves his bunker, sensing the danger of the trolls. (DAMMIT)
- The flamers kill my goblin shaman.
- He then uses Siren song to force my black orcs forward.Orcs turn 4
- The trolls and spiderboss charge the empty bunker.
- The black orcs falls back a bit.
- The BSB orcs advance.
- The trolls slaughter every single daemon in the bunker and overrun into the Herald.
- The spider boss overruns into safety.Daemons turn 4
- The Plaugebearers charge the flank of the trolls. The don't do much damage, but I fail to kill the Tz herald, and the trolls are run down.
- The orcs are charged by the nurglings and daemonettes to avoid the countercharging the bloodletters...
- Cauz the bloodletters use their banner and make a long charge into the black orcs.
- The furies charge the orc shaman.
- And yeahr. The furies kill the shaman.
- The bloodletters absolutely brutalises the black orcs killing 12 and killing blowing the warboss three times over, for a minimum of damage in return.
- So no longer stubborn, the black orcs chop the herald into pieces and run for the mountains.
- This leaves the BSB and the boys hacing away at daemon scum until they could retreat...Crushing victory to the Daemons!!!Post battle happenings:
- The orc boys survive the battle, but have lost faith in "cleaver battleplans" and show signs of posttraumatic stress. They are stupid in the next battle.
- Vruugor skullkeeper has taken his last skull ever. His head was firmly removed from his fat body by the bloodletters. The commander is dead!
- The herald of Tz actually benefitted from his wounds gaining +1 Movement.Post battle happenings:
So this was a badly played game by me. I had the deplyment. I should have bunkered on the left flank with my warmachines.
- My shooting didn't benefit me enough either. I need to thin out a unit like the bloodletters to take them on.
- Failing frenzy was terrible as well. it just laid my entire battleplan to ruins. I really needed those savages to take the flank with my spiderboss... Really sad.
- Having my chaf fight his chaff the entire game was a mistake as well, but it was necesarry because of my bad placing of the warmachines. I would have really benefitted from using them to ensure progress against the bloodletters...Epilogue - The news of the death of the Commander would soon reach Mount Bloodhorn, and fighting is sure to erupt. The next great warboss of the defenses will have to prove his worth against the strength of daemons and scheemes of vampires, or suffer same fate. his first goal will have to avenge the crushed stronghold by ripping of a vampire head. The Wyrmclaw tribe has a new sworn enemy. The Dragonback Clan is going to war...
The new commander pf the Wyrmclaw tribe is Gologh the Vicious. An orc of brutal size, but will he be able to control the forces in open battle?
Thank you for following! :)
All kinds of feedback is most welcome :)