So this is the second game for the campaign I've joined (the first one will be up soon as well, I just can't reveal it yet, as it might include some surprises other players should be allowed to experience first hand ;))
All scenario characters (including their background and relations) can be viewed in THIS THREAD
. All entries are in english, but as the characters progress/dies things are changed and characters get replaced. This might confuse some readers if they choose to look at characters long after this game was placed!
So second game the dragonback mountains are invaded by high elfs from the north. The entire map after the first round (before challenges) can be viewed on THIS PAGE!
At the moment, my Commander Vrugoor was fighting daemons in the south, while the savages run into unclaimed lands to raid these. The army left in the kingdom is my beastmaster Roarbacks monster army.
It is to be said, that this is a fluffy campaign first and foremost, so lists aren't tweeked to the max. I would love to get all the advice both on lists, but mostly how to play them if you find some obvious mistakes, and I don't seem to have noticed it. Please note:
- This game got really late, and we got a bit stressed in the end, which might have pressed some bad decisions. This is our official excuse any way, cauz we make a ton of mistakes! So plenty to learn from ;)
- Previous games, mines etc. grant magic items which increases the characters allowance and doesn't encrease his points.
- Special rules this season is that all dangerous terrain tests are failed on 1 or 2, (and life magic get +1 to cast, but we forgot about that).The ArmiesThe Orc list:
1 Orc Warboss @ 368.0 Pts
Armour of Destiny
The Other Tricksters shard
1 Orc Great Shaman @ 190.0 Pts
Magic Level 3; Big Waagh; Choppa
1 Night Goblin Shaman @ 135.0 Pts
Magic Level 2; Little Waagh
1 Orc Big Boss @ 80.0 Pts
Choppa; Light Armour; Battle Standard
35 Savage Big 'Uns @ 405.0 Pts
Frenzy; Second Choppa; Warpaint; Standard; Musician
10 Orc Boyz @ 70.0 Pts
Choppa; Light Armour; Standard
3x5 Goblin Wolf Riders @ 55.0 Pts
Light Armour; Shield
8 Trolls @ 280.0 Pts
1 Orc Boar Chariot @ 85.0 Pts
1 Arachnarok Spider @ 320.0 Pts
1 Mangler Squig @ 65.0 Pts
1 Doom Diver @ 80.0 Pts
1 Rock Lobber @ 85.0 Pts
2 Spear Chukka @ 35.0 Pts
Total Army Cost: 2398.0The Elf list:
Archmage levl. 4 shadow
Levl. 2 life
40 spear elfs
30 phoneix guards
2 x reapter
8 Dragon Princes.Spells
- Orc: Foot, Brainbursta, 'ere we go, Gaze.
- Goblin: Ichy, Curse.
- Elf lvl 4: Mindrazor, pit... can't remember last two
- Elf lvl 2: Regrowth, Flesh to stone.VanguardOrcs turn 1
- The STUPID savages squabble :( As if they weren't long enough away already.
- I shuffle the rest of the army up, keeping most stuff in range of the General.
- My spider invides the charge of the dragon princes, knowing that they fail terrain tests on a 1 or a 2 because of the scenario special rule.
- wolfs provide cover or threaten warmachines.
- Rock lobber and magic bring the swordmasters down in size.
- Doom diver and chukkas kill a knight.
- So at the end it looks like this. I cast Ere we go, as no damage spells are in range (foot of gork is dispelled with a scroll), and I want my aracknarok to win an eventual combat against the knights.Elfs turn 1
- Elf movement is fairly uneventfull.
- knights shuffle up a bit to get passed spider should I fail a long charge.
He throws six dice on a big pit of shades. I was thrilled! I really hoed to use the feedback scroll (the unit is only 280 pts -well worth a level 4 wizard), but he got IF... no scatter. Two trolls survive.
Miscast kills a few spear efls and wounds the Archmage.
His damn bolt throwers kill my mangler with one volley...
The other bolt throwe kills three wolfs and send them running.
The archers kill two wolf riders, which flee as well.
So end of the high elf tur it looks like this.Orcs turn 2
- I move a little up as ypu can see.
- The bunker fails animosity, so the BSB kills 4 orcs...
- All wolfs rally, which was great.
- The sword masters was slammed with foot of gork and hexed, so they're no real threat any more.
- The miscast wounds both wizards.
- The doom diver takes out two knights.Elfs turn 2
- The Knights charge the spider and doesn't rolls a single 1 or 2 on dangerous terrain... UGH!
Swordmasters charge the wolfs which flees. The chariot is now almost certain to get the charge and this should enilate the last swordmasters.
-...but of course the stupid bolt thrower kills the chariot with one volly of shots... 6 shots. hitting on 3's Wounding on 5'S! and he get 4 wounds :(
- Archers put some wounds one the last trolls.
- The knights are evil! put five wounds on the spider, but it kills three in return and stays.
- Overall the board looks like this going into Orcs turn three... the savages is very far away it seams... I would have loved to have the hand spell!Orcs turn 3
Now this was the first major mistake in the game!
- I charge his archers, who stand and shoot and wound beast-eater. I then realized they would be stedfast and Roarbag was gonna end up in a superb flankcharge of the phoenix guard.
- so i charged the troll as well, as my opponent really considered fleeing with his archers this time. He took the oppotunity and fled from the trolls...
- But his flee move made him bump through a building, which meant roarbag was gonna get stranded right in front of them any way...
- I had no choice but to redirect both charges into the phoenix guard :S
So the board looks like this.
Doom diver hits the swordmasters, but only kills a singly guy. They fail panic du to the charnel pit and flee.
The spider eats the remaining knights and reform.
- The phoenix guard only wounds beast-eater and the troll.
- Roarback kills the elf BSB in return.
- The troll and beast eater slay a good handfull of phoenix guard, but they stick.Efls turn 3
-No real movement.
- The wizards get throne of vines,
- flesh to stone (I use the feedback scroll, as i need to save dice for mind razor, but only put a single wound on the wizard),
- Then gets IF on mindrazor on the phoenix guard.... Toughness 7 elfs with S8.
I use all my dice to dispel Pit of shades instead, bt fails and it kills a few savages.
- In combat lady averages returmed the favor though and gave me 5 out of six saves on Roarbags wardsave...
- The troll dies horribly
- I fluff most of my attacks, but stick around.
So the end of turn 3 looking like this.Orcs turn 4
So I try and charge the spider into the guards, hoping he'll throw attacks at it instead of Roarbag, but it fails the charge.
- The foot of gork slams down on the spear elfs killing at least 15 over two or three stomps...
Gaze of mork is angled so it hits the mage, swordmaster champion and bolt thrower. He fails look out sir on the mage, which is killed.
- In combat, there is nothing I can do. Roarbag is slain, and I figure that this might be fine, as beast-eater are to flee, outrun the guard and then rally at the bsb, thus conserving all its points.
- But on the monster reaction table, it becomes unbreakable...Elfs turn 4
- So, he moves his Archmage out of the unit ot avoid him getting killed in combat.
- The second big mistake this game is that my opponent forget my savages are frenzied. Had he realized, the single swordmaster could have marched up, and angled so the savages would overrun to the side... This could have been fatal, but thankfully he forgot. I was really nervous at this point ;)
- In the combat he wound beast eater once, but it doesn't do much in return.Orcs turn 5
- The savages charge the sword masters and make it.
- both wolf rider units charge bolt throwers and make it.
- Third BIG mistake was me keeping to my plan, and charge the spider into the phoenix guard. I should surely have moved it back and concerved points. STUPID!
In shooting my warmachines finish of the archmage!
After the turn it looked like this.
- Beast eater died, and the spider is now alone with the elite elfs.
- the savages overrun into the spear elfs.
- Wolf riders both succeed and fail. one unit killing a warmachine, the other die trying.Elfs turn 5
- His archers walk into the house that my wolf riders was "hiding behind" (I had forgotten it was a house :lol:)
But they only slay a single wolf.
The bolt thrower kills a wolf rider unit.
The spider takes two wounds in the combat, but the elfs are starting to look rather deminished themselfs...
The Savage orcs brutalises the spear elfs but fall short of the warmachine.Last turns
The guards kill the spider and routes the lower side, while the Savages and bunker unit takes the upper side of the board...
So.... by 250 pts it was a..Victory to the orcs!!! :D :D
Sadly, a rather poorly played performance by me, winning the game, only by a small margine.
- I rushed forward like a mad man, even though i had superior firepower, and was ahead on points!
- If i had kept my monsters back, I could really had put the hurt on the elfs. Thankfully, this gave us a much more exciting game, but that is no excuse ;)
- The savages really underperformed this game. Their animosity and frenzy where huge deal breakers... had my opponent remembered about the overrun, he could have easilly won this game...
- I definetely need to work with this list. It lacks a lot of synergy, as the monsters can't break ranks, and I have no units that break stedfast.
Hope you enjoyed the write up. The next Report is due within long :)
Please leave some feedback. tactics and cheers are most welcome ;)
Cheers all! :)