If using an Anti-Virus, you may have been experiencing errors in your directx10.bin file which makes your MyRO not open. This is because some Anti-Virus Softwares did an update that posed a problem or incompatibility with our file directx10.bin.
It may have already damaged your MyRO Files thus keeping it from functioning properly. We have been receiving reports of this sort from players using Avira
, AVG v10
and some others.To solve this:1.
Download a new and fresh myro-installer.exe file from our site www.myro.tk, downloads page.
. Install properly (refer to downloads page for instructions). This way we can be sure you are installing non-corrupted MyRO Files which are untouched by your Anti-Virus program.2. IMPORTANT:
Do not start your MyRO just yet. You must put the whole Ragnarok/MyRO folder in your Anti-Virus' "exceptions list" or "ignore list" to be bypassed from its scanning. Instructions are below this post. NOTE
: Not being able to do this may cause some important MyRO Files to be damaged by your Anti-Virus program when running MyRO. Be sure to do this step.3.
After patching and before the program starts, "if" your Anti-Virus blocks the directx10.bin file or the 16888.exe file. Just click "Allow" or "Ignore" to be bypassed by your Anti-Virus4.
If your MyRO still has problems, it is because your Anti-Virus may have already damaged some of your MyRO files like what was indicated in #1. If this is the case then just re-download our myro-installer.exe from our site www.myro.tk, downloads page.
. Read installation instructions carefully. Do steps #2 and #3.
NOTE: You do not need to uninstall pRO or your Ragnarok game client. Just re-DL a new MyRO Installer and install to overwrite.Adding to Exclusions List for AVG Anti-Virus Version 10:
1. Double click the AVG Icon, bottom right.
2. Double click Resident Shield.
3. Click Manage Exceptions.
4. Click Add Path.
5. Find where your Ragnarok Folder is.
6. Click OK then Apply.
7. All set!Adding to Exceptions List for Avira Anti-Virus:Watch this Video(Youtube).Adding to Exclusions List for Esset Smart Security Antivirus:
1. Launch the anti-virus window
2. Click the "Setup" Tab on the upper right hand corner of the window.
3. A drop-down menu will appear, click "Antivirus and Antispyware".
4. Click the "Edit Exclusions" on one of the clickable menus.
5. Another window will appear, Click "Add" and find the path of your Ragnarok/MyRO folder. Example: "C:\Program Files\Gravity\(Your Ragnarok Folder)" .... or where your Ragnarok with MyRO is actually installed.
6. Add the whole folder of your Ragnarok/MyRO to be excluded from the antivirus scanning.
7. Click "Ok" to finalize the path you have chosen.
8. Click "Ok" again to finalize your settings.
9. You will be returned to your antivirus menu page then click "X".
10. Restart computer. Run MyRO, Enjoy!Guarantee:
I, Admin, guarantees that all MyRO Files and Installers are free from any form of real malware, spyware or virus just as long as you download everything from our site www.myro.tk, downloads page
to be secured. It is just that the directx10.bin file contains our Anti-WPE/BOT protection program which AVG (and maybe some other anti-virus) falsely
read as a virus activity which obviously is not.
PS: I also have already written to AVG Anti-Virus about this problem. This post has been edited by * Admin * on Jul 17 2011, 08:57 PM