Please review these rules, they must be followed at all time or risk removal from the forum.
1. OPSEC- This applies to what you say here in the forum that references your personal life, and more importantly, the life of your service member. Do not use your full name in here. Try not to discuss your partners job, field time, specific deployment information, or any other movement. Even if you post just a little here and there, anyone who wants to get information from here only has to put two and two together to know what troops are moving where and when. So avoid saying anything like "My boyfriend/fiancee/husband has this job and is stationed here, and will be on leave from this time to this time and then come back to deploy on this date to this place" Use common sense. If you are not sure about what you post, ask someone over PM. I can and will edit posts that violate OPSEC. You will be notified when this is done, as well as why it was done. All efforts will be made to keep your post in tact- meaning the purpose of your post will not change, just certain specifics.
2. Be considerate! Opinions are welcome- but remember- it IS possible to express your opinion without disrespecting another member, and trying in some way to 'prove a point' and make them feel bad. Remember, whatever you post is going to elicit some kind of response- so think about it when you post, "what kind of response will this get?" "Is this going to hurt someone?" "How can I express my feelings without hurting or taking away from someone else?" Justifying your words with "Know that I dont want to offend you" or "I say this with love" does not justify bad behavior or mean comments. You can offer advice, even advice they may not want to hear, without degrading them, or stripping thier dignity. Basically, there is no reason to not speak your mind, or try to 'sugar coat' things, but being a mature adult means knowing how to say what, and when.
3. Controversial subject will occur from time to time. Your temper may flair, and you may be passionate about the subject and find yourself upset. That is fine, but avoid a 'bashing' type confrontation in the forum. Use the private message system to sove your issues on your own without involving the board. BUT- do NOT abuse the PM system.. this will result in your membership being deleted.
4. Be sure to read the forum rules. You have agreed to these rules by completing registration. You agree to not abuse members either on the board or off, not to use information against them outside the board via email or messengers. No advertising for businesses on the forum, or soliciting personal information for commercial gain. I reserve the right to edit or delete posts, as well as memberships without warning, or justification to members. You also agree not to copy and paste anything from this forum for use elsewhere without permission from the board owner, and that would be me.. This includes but is not limited to: emails, other message boards, online journals.. This rule is not limited to copying and pasting. If you use information here, even if slightly reworded, or taken bit by bit, it is still a violation. Please be mindful.
5. Lurking- this is when you just come in to browse. In order to protect our members, lurking is not allowed, as we never know who is in here and when, and with the sensitive information on here, it just can not be permitted. Please post and become ACTIVE within 7 days of registering to avoid having your account deleted. If you have a problem with posting, please let me know. Active means you post as frequently as you can- posting once just to retain membership then lurking afterwards is not considered active. Accounts which have been inactive for more than 30 days will be purged from the system as well. You agree not to have more than one user name for the purpose of lurking or posting
6. We will all experience difficult times in our lives. Please remember though, that while there are others in the forum who will understand, posting 10 messages in one day about your personal problems does make it hard for others to cope as well- we want to know how you are, and offer support, but please do not take advantage of each other.
7. You also agree to not let allow non-members to access this site using your username.. it constitutes a fraud, and this violation will result in your account being deleted.
What happens when the rules are broken?
These are the steps which will occur when the terms are violated.
Abuse of another member on the board, or over PM: The thread will be addressed by the moderator and you will be issued a warning over PM. If the abuse took place over PM, you will receive a warning over PM of the abuse. Abuse is defined as name calling, rude comments, or other remarks designed to hurt another member. If the abuse persists, you will be issued a final warning by a moderator. The final warning will be the last warning you recieve before your account is terminated. If you have a problem with someone at another board, do NOT bring it here. Address your issues with that person at the OTHER board.. do not think that you can avoid breaking the other sites terms by addressing problems there, over here, because that is a violation of the terms here. Such behavior will be deemed malicious and an attempt to bring unnecessary problems/drama to this board, and your account will be deleted, and an email will be sent to you detaling your account status.
Copying and Pasting, quoting, etc outside the board: If it is found that you have taken information from this board to use anywhere be it internet or print, without permission, your account will be terminated. You will receive an email detailing your termination. You will not be warned prior to your account being deleted. This is a serious problem as of late, and has cause mass havoc for the members of the board as well as myself, so please understand, this will not be tolerated.
More than one username: If you are found to have more than one username, you will be sent a pm from a moderator. If it was an oversight or error, we understand and will delete the extra account. If you are found to have abused other members with the extra name, your account will be deleted without warning and you will receive an email from the moderator.
Why so strict? Why no warning? No one wants to open up in a place where they feel they may be attacked, or belittled. It is for that reason we are so strict. We also believe that it is important to make this a safe environment for you when it comes to posting sensitive information.
No warning rules- we are all adults here, and as adults we know how to follow rules. You will know when you are breaking a rule, and if you choose to continue, then you have made a choice and are willing to accept the consequences.
If you notice someone banned, or deleted, please do not initiate drama by asking about that person on the board. It only creates havoc, and we ask that you trust the moderators and admin.. just because you did not see what happened, does not mean something did not happen, or that admin action has not been warranted. We will not dicuss such things openly on the board, because it is disrespectful to the person who is no longer a member, and if they want you to know what happens, it is up to them to tell you.
With that, thank you for your understanding. No need to live in fear of banning, or think you can't speak your mind. Just be responsible and respectful, and we will all have a good time, and receive great support from each other.
(Thank-You to Sharon @ Silentwarriors.net for use of her forum rules in full or part!!!)
BEFORE you choose your screen name, PLEASE READ!!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)