Welcome to Mickeys Tavern. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

FEATURED ARTWORK BY OUR VERY NMRosario
Checkout more of his Artwork
here
Don't forget to post on NMRosario's art thread.

EssentialWebcomics.com
The Tavern's portal showcasing members' webcomics, original fiction, illustrated prose, artwork, and feature articles.
Writers' Guild and Fan-Fics
Wonderful stories by some of our best writers.
Starving Artists
A diverse selection of artwork by creative Taverners.
Miles Warren Talk Show
Check out the interviews.
New VS Forums
Brought to you by Jax, Thinkerer, GammaScream.
Comic Timeline Tool
Post on thread if you want to be part of this project.
Fanfic Writing Contest
A monthly contest hosted by Miles & Feral

MrMarvel is BACK with an ALL NEW EDITION of Marvel Trivia Contest!
Pages: (27) « First ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Comments Forum
darktruth
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 11:04 PM

Neo

Group: Validated Members
Member No.: 1,723

Good Ms Marvel Raven. It is good to know Aphrodite is at least trying, it is certainly better than nothing. I'm certain in any other situation Allison would have been very shy about calling Ms Marvel, Carol was one of her main inspirations to become a hero.
Ravenswald
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 11:14 PM

Homo Superior

Member No.: 1,722

Thanks for the read Dark. Glad you liked it. I was hesitant as how to have Allison and Carol act so I kept it to a minimum given the news Allison had to convey.
darktruth
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 11:30 PM

Neo

Makes sense. It's always hard to have characters interact when you're not sure exactly how they'd be.
darktruth
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 11:53 PM

Neo

Liked the new Ms Marvel Raven. So Aphrodite has grown. Seems to me all she needed was someone to show they cared about her. And I'd imagine to a goddess based around feelings of affection the worst kind of punishment would be to feel spurned.
Feral Female
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 02:58 AM

EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 24

Very moving issue of MM good Ser!

As Dark said, I can see the growth in Di. She has a long way to go but she is learning. Well done!
KaiYves
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 03:15 PM

Superpowered Human

Member No.: 1,725

MM- Now those were some words I never expected from Aphrodite. But people (and gods) really do change.

Karrie's misfortune has certainly gathered our characters together into that hospital. As to if Teresa is there, I'm torn between "No, her bosses wouldn't let her take off to see someone she only met once if she can't help" and "She *is* her agency's official superhuman liaison/troubleshooter and Bolden would totally understand".
Ravenswald
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 03:58 PM

Homo Superior

Thank you all. I'm glad you liked it. I think between Patsy and Carol Aphrodite has been brought down to Earth which is something no God or Goddess likes to have happen to them. Will she improve? Well if she does it will be on her terms.

Yes Karrie hasbrought the Superhero community (at least the non-mutant community barring Eliza) together. We'll have to wait to see what happens in Scarlet Talon to see what comes of it.
Feral Female
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 03:36 AM

EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
Group Icon

Very well written issue of Horror, good Ser!

Lots of info and so much to weave together but you did it nicely and seamlessly. Things sound rather dire. Four Hobbits and a ring indeed! That quest might have been easier by the sounds of what may come....
KaiYves
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:36 AM

Superpowered Human

SRoR- So now we see how it's all connected... and who that creepy little guy really is.
Ravenswald
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 04:57 PM

Homo Superior

Thank you ladies. I tried to keep it manageable. My nod to LOTR and the Council of Elrond obviously. This was originally a mamoth 20 pages which was just too big. For those that don't know the Undying Ones are Marvel's take on the Lovecraft Great Old Ones. Like them the Other gods, Demons and the Elder God Chthon do not like them and oppose them. I had everything from the first appearance of the Undying ones with the original Defenders, my own Defenders battles with the resurgent Undying Ones, their involvement in the Olympian Vampire wars as well as pointing out the strange appearances inside the Fear Itself and Fear Itself - Fearless Arcs in Marvel. Nosferatu did try and turn the rest of the vampires into blood bags for his own sect (Bloodstone Series) and he and others of his sect morph into monstrosities once they had consumed the tainted blood. No one has yet explained where Xarus obtain the light bending crystals or the vrus that turns humans and mutants into obedient vampire hybrids and there was a creepy looking bald fat guy involved in the development of both.

My inspiration for this guy is from a wonderful art work:

http://data.whicdn.com/images/9848090/chil....jpg?1305609238

The information of the Thule Society, the Coming Ravce and Himmler's fascination with the Occult are all true. It is from these that all the nutty scifi ideas about the Nazis (including Nazis Zombies and Nazis on the Moon) stem from. It was a lot of fun researching it all.

So the Vampires are in the loop. Now they have to confront their enemy and stop whatever nefarious plot is fermenting.
KaiYves
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 07:51 PM

Superpowered Human

Hmmm, I was thinking of the evil librarian from the Goosebumps book The Girl Who Cried Monster.
Ravenswald
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 04:09 PM

Homo Superior

Yes I can see that. Its always fascinating how what usually consider innocuous pr humorous can be turned into insdidious with just a teek here and there. I suppose the same could be said of clowns.
darktruth
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 05:31 AM

Neo

A very nice Ms Marvel Raven. It seems Aphrodite has found her place in the world. And an interesting ending...
Feral Female
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 05:35 AM

EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
Group Icon

Wow, what a moving issue of MM, good Ser! I have to admit I am impressed at the growth you`re showing in Aphrodite. She seems to be trying to find her place amid the mortals and is learning. And that ending! It gave me goosebumps!

Well done!
KaiYves
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 08:07 AM

Superpowered Human

MM- I agree, Aphrodite is definitely showing growth, if you'd told me back in the summer when she tried to hurt Angelica that she would apologize for it, I don't know if I'd have believed it. And that old man wasn't perhaps inspired by my comments about mysteries in Feral's comment thread, was he?
Ravenswald
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 04:23 PM

Homo Superior

Thank you all for the comments. Yes Aphrodite has grown, the old one wouldn't have even thought an apology was necessary however I think she was influenced by being with the battered women (who she acknowledges as her 'handmaidens')and where she was.

Kai I was actually influenced by Di's battle with Venus for the title of Goddess of Love where Aphrodite acknowledge her failure with a kiss and tears [Incredible Hercules #140 for those that are interested]. It showed that when push came to shove she could acknowledge she was wrong.

Ah yes the mysterious Father, he was a challenge and he could have gone either way. We may meet him again.
Feral Female
Posted: May 1 2012, 03:30 AM

EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
Group Icon

Great issue of Horror, good Ser!

So much action and knowledge and that ending! I do hope James is okay....
KaiYves
Posted: May 1 2012, 08:00 AM

Superpowered Human

SRoR- Definitely a lot of action, a very creepy atmosphere, and some very frightening baddies. Let's hope James can recover and think of a new plan quickly!
Ravenswald
Posted: May 2 2012, 04:20 PM

Homo Superior

Thank you ladies. Again most of the information on presented regarding the castle is real and you can actually visit it today and see most of what is descrived in the North Tower. It was by the way the inspiration for Castle Wolfenstein.

Will James survive? Of course he will although he might take a while to recover. Next issue will focus on the Night Watch and what they have been doing in England.
darktruth
Posted: May 4 2012, 01:48 AM

Neo

That was a nice, calm issue of Ms Marvel there Raven. Good to know they're still working on getting that place back on track.

I was wondering if you'd connect to AvX in any way, so far all I've seen of Carol is that she's with the team confronting the Phoenix Force and both she and Noh-varr feel they have to let it do what it's going to do.
Ravenswald
Posted: May 4 2012, 06:49 AM

Homo Superior

Hi Darkthanks although that may be the last 'calm' issue for awhile. I just needed to wrap up the heroines focussing on the real issues before starting to get into the super hero thing again. This of course is set before James makes his sudden appearance in Whyte Tower.

As for AvX Carol has so far been pushed to the sidelines. She's barely a New Avenger anymore it seems. You notice she was not there when Cap confronted Cyclops. I'm pretty much waiting for the appearance of Carol as Captain Marvel. I will do a bit of heralding (given I have no idea how Marvel are going to have her change her costume and name as well as hair I'm going to have to guess).
Feral Female
Posted: May 4 2012, 10:42 AM

EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
Group Icon

What a delightful issue of MM! As soon as the door was opened I had a feeling I knew who the handyman was. Can`t ask for a better one!

darktruth
Posted: May 4 2012, 10:50 AM

Neo

QUOTE (Ravenswald @ May 4 2012, 10:49 PM)
As for AvX Carol has so far been pushed to the sidelines. She's barely a New Avenger anymore it seems. You notice she was not there when Cap confronted Cyclops. I'm pretty much waiting for the appearance of Carol as Captain Marvel. I will do a bit of heralding (given I have no idea how Marvel are going to have her change her costume and name as well as hair I'm going to have to guess).

Actually that has me confused, given she was shown as being aboard the Helicarrier and yet in Secret Avengers she's with those confronting the Phoenix Force. Wonder if they plan to do anything about that inconsistency.
Ravenswald
Posted: May 4 2012, 03:54 PM

Homo Superior

Glad you liked it my Lady. Yes I thought Di might turn to Heffy and try and mend some bridges (and get him to do something for her as usual).

Dark as I'm not going to buy every Avengers book to try and keep track of Ms. marvel I'm going to just acknowledge that she will be going off at times. Lord that means leaving it up to Di and Hellcat, what a pair!
KaiYves
Posted: May 5 2012, 07:37 AM

Superpowered Human

MM- Good to see them getting back to work.

What do you think of Carol's Captain Marvel costume? I think it looks cool, especially in this little fan comic: http://askashieldagent.tumblr.com/post/219...l-biggerization

This post has been edited by KaiYves on May 5 2012, 07:42 AM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (27) « First ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1563 seconds | Archive
AuctionSniper.com - Powerful bid sniper for eBay auctions.
Powerful bid sniper for eBay auctions.
Auctiva.com - <a target='blank' href='http://www.auctiva.com/?how=ASRefer:goku974'>eBay Auction management tools</a>
eBay Auction management tools
Free Web Site Hit Counters
YourFastCash