Image hosted by Marvzielo Designs.com

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Welcome to Marvzielo Designs.com | Marvin Jason Cielo Online Portfolio | 206.697.4276. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

HOME / BIO / MISSION / PORTFOLIO / FORUM / LINKS / CONTACT / BLOG / STORE

SPONSOR:

Want to see more? click here to visit the Marvzielo Designs merchandise store

Friends Of Lakewood Library Logo Winner, Article written by: Carol Starr
MJ
  Posted: May 20 2007, 06:05 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

user posted image
Marvin Jason "MJ" Cielo presents his winning FRIENDS of Lakewood Library logo design to Barbara Trimble, FRIENDS president at a FRIENDS board meeting.

user posted image

AND THE WINNER IS….

For the past several years, FRIENDS of Lakewood Library has been looking for a new newsletter and stationary logo. The Board of Trustees decided late last year to conduct a contest for students at the International Academy of Design and Technology in Seattle. Board members chose as the winner the design entered by Marvin Jason Cielo of Covington, WA.

At the presentation ceremony, MJ gave the following speech:

“As a graphic designer and as an artist, I make a point that I always have an objective or a message in anything I create. In this project, my objective was to create a logo that visually appeals to the target market in a universally creative manner and that visually represents FRIENDS of Lakewood Library.

user posted image

My strategy was to design a black and white logo making use of different strokes and geometric shapes for symbolism.

->The five circles/heads symbolize FRIENDS or a community.

-> One head in front symbolizes leadership.

-> The book symbolizes vision, the mission and vision of FRIENDS

-> The boat shape symbolizes stability. High tide or low tide, calm waters or stormy seas, FRIENDS has a goal and a mission to achieve.

-> The rainbow formation of the name of the organization symbolizes that there is always a tomorrow with a colorful future and that FRIENDS of Lakewood Library supports that bright future.”

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

MJ Cielo featured article on Suburban Times Click Here!

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0362 seconds · Archive

Marvzielo Designs Art Foundation
"Supporta para sa Kabataang Pinoy sa Likhang Sining"
(Support for the Filipino Kids in the field of Arts.)