This skin was created by Lightz of the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Magisterius Online. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Magesterius Online

WELCOME

STAFF

RANDOM FACTS

Welcome to Magesterius Online, an online RPG based on the "Tales of MU" series by Alexandra Erin.

Our RPG focuses on the daily life on campus at Magesterius University.
The RPG concentrates mostly on social interaction, but there will be fighting as well…

It is recommended that you read the "Tales of MU" series before joining, to get an idea of the world.

This RPG is independent of Tales of MU and should not be confused with Alexandra Erin's original works

Abuse of the Admin and/or Creator's good temperament will be dealt with in a medieval fashion

~* GM/ADMIN *~

Headmaster

~* MODERATORS *~

Professors

~* SENIOR MEMBERS *~

4th Years

Free TopSite

Support the University!

~* CHAT *~

Chat Guidelines

Visit Tales of MU to read the original story that inspired this site.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

This site has been created with the permission of the original author. Similar sites and/or stories based off the Tales of MU stories will be dealt with in a sinister manner

This RP is rated NC-17 for mature situations and strong language.

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Class Lists, Where we try to get the classes we want
Thallendra
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 04:10 PM

Ice Princess

Group: Headmasters
Member No.: 13

I partially agree, but we're going to have to pick one of the two to equate with MPoP since obviously one class can't be two classes. Perhaps we should have the people who have taken MPoP choose for themselves which of the two classes to substitute or whether to take them both.
Thallendra
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 06:44 PM

Ice Princess

So the thing is I'm having a bit of difficulty picking out classes for my three golem NPCs. Tori wasn't too bad, though I might need a little help refining the names of a couple of her classes. Thaco has been a little more challenging, as one of the classes I want her to take is just completely impossible for her to do the coursework for. I'll probably have to give up on that one and choose something else, but I'm not sure what. Tony is actually the biggest problem. None of the main characters in the story takes any kind of agricultural classes, so we don't really know anything about what kind of classes they have in that field, but that's about the only thing I can see him taking right now.

Any rate, here's what I've got thus far for each one. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Tori:

Major: Delving and Discovery

Minor: none

Classes: Mixed Melee, Intro to Divination, Information Resources, Basic Trap Detection and Disarming, Introduction to Locks and Latches, Environmental Hazards Awareness

Intro to Div is kind of a throw-away course for her. One of her runes gives Tori abilities sort of similar to that and I figured she'd try the course to see if she could develop that ability more, but it turns out that the techniques used in the class won't work for her and she'll wind up dropping the class.

The last three are of course ones I made up myself to go with the Delving and Discovery major, but think the latter two may need better names or something. Any suggestions or alternatives?

Thaco:

Major: Domestic Arts

Minor: Glamour and Design

Classes: Culinary Arts, Unarmed Fighting, Basic Herbalism, Illusion and Glamour Lab, Comparative Religion

Culinary Arts is the class Two and Hazel take together where they are learning to cook. Unarmed Fighting was mentioned as an alternative class Mack could have taken instead of a WP course, but she didn't go with that because she needs WP credits for her degree and this class doesn't qualify at the basic level.

The two classes I'm worried about Thaco taking are Basic Herbalism and the Illusion and Glamour Lab. She doesn't have the Wizard's Mark, so there's no way she can work magic and thus no way she can do the coursework for the lab. I'm also starting to wonder if it's even possible for her to handle Basic Herbalism without any magic at all. Considering how they've been making their potions I'm thinking the answer is no. Since these aren't going to work for her I'm looking for non-magical alternatives. They don't have to be similar classes, just something she could do that would appeal to her. Any ideas anyone?

Tony:

Major: Agronomy

Minor: none

Classes: Animal Husbandry, Care and Handling of Horses, Modern Magical Farming Practices,

That's only three classes thus far, and I'm not really sure Tony can handle the third one. No magic, you see. I haven't yet figured what WP class he'll be taking, and I still need at least one more class besides to round out his list. Any suggestions?
Sirrus Allister Devlin
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 09:40 PM

It's a tail. It's long and skinny. Use your imagination.

Group: 4th Years
Member No.: 9

I vote that Tony should take Mixed Melee. It is possible to kill someone with a gardening shovel. It just needs to be wielded like a dagger, or sometimes a shortsword.

Or for a better one, Tony could bring said gardening shovel to "Bladies for Ladies."

And for those of you who are wondering how I know how to wield a gardening shovel, I can turn just about anything into a good weapon. Most of them are just bludgeons, though. Really! Three of the "weapons" in the board game Clue are just plain old everyday things! And now I'm just rambling!

*shuts up and wanders off*
Thallendra
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 06:31 PM

Ice Princess

Okay, first off a gardening shovel is a bit big for a class like Basic Knife. The thing isn't even a knife! Second, what's up with the shovel thing anyway? The shovel is your weapon, not Tony's. Tony uses a staff, or will once he's been fixed up. I keep getting ahead of myself.
Sirrus Allister Devlin
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 07:12 PM

. . .

tongue.gif

I got carried away. And if he uses a staff... "Pole-arm Proficiency?"

Note: Also, I meant trowel, not shovel. I'm such an idiot when I'm hyper.
Dawn Avnas
Posted: Aug 13 2008, 03:38 AM

Nature Girl or Nymphubus?

Group: Professors
Member No.: 11

I'd like to see Sirrus use his proficiency with the thrown shovel in Mixed Melee ...

tongue.gif

Also, Thallendra, hasn't it been stated in canon that only free beings can attend college as students? I don't think owned golems can do so.

Of course, if the golems' owner has enough money and power, then the administrators of MU would problem waive that rule for their golems.
Thallendra
Posted: Aug 13 2008, 07:37 AM

Ice Princess

Ah, I do believe something along those lines has indeed been stated in canon Dawn. Sometime when Mack was talking with Amaranth and I think Dee about the Nekos she did mention something along those lines. So the obvious question is why am I picking out Majors, Minors and Classes for characters who can't attend university legally anyway? For the answer to that mystery you'll just have to wait and see. wink.gif
Sirrus Allister Devlin
Posted: Aug 13 2008, 10:05 AM

You will, Dawn. I never miss an opportunity to show off.

I have a few theories, Luna-san. But I'm not sure your mind is twisted in the same way mine is.
Mai Yukimura
Posted: Aug 15 2008, 10:29 AM

Foxy lady~

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Sirrus Allister Devlin @ Aug 13 2008, 12:05 PM)
But I'm not sure your mind is twisted in the same way mine is.

It isn't. Your mind is a uniquely twisted thing =p
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3340 seconds | Archive
Original skin created by Benjamin, of the IF Skin Zone