Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Mp2d. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Add ReplyStart New TopicStart New Poll

World ending tomorrow
Phlakes
Posted: May 21 2011, 01:29 AM

Omega Pirate

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,201

I'm sure you guys have heard the May 21st bullshit. I plan on doing the same thing I do every day.
Bluecan
Posted: May 21 2011, 02:12 AM

War Wasp

Member No.: 1,425

Yeah if it doesn't end tomorrow, then it will be postponed to Dec. 21, 12. Then probably postponed again. and again. Just so we live in fear.
Zurginator
Posted: May 21 2011, 04:03 AM

Guestinator the Guestinator

Member No.: 1,047

The world ends every year on October 13th. An exactly identical one replaces it. You've never noticed.
Syntax Man
Posted: May 21 2011, 05:08 AM

Omega Pirate

Member No.: 675

I was going to jump off Zurgy's comment and make a joke about an anime, but then I decided better of it because I doubt that everyone would get it, though I'm sure at least two people here probably figured out what I'm getting at.

more on topic: lolno

someone on the escapist said that there's a passage in revelations that states something along the lines of "no one can know what the date is" so any religious nutbag who makes that claim hasn't even read his own fucking book.

--------------------
user posted image
QUOTE (Yahtzee)
People are Shit. When I'm In a crowd I think to myself "who left this shit all over the place." I'm shit, you're shit, the world is shit, and if you're sitting there thinking "yes its true, everyone else is shit except me" then you're a double bacon shit with large fries Mr. shit face

QUOTE (Duty Calls: a Call of Duty parody by People Can Fly (the Bulletstorm developer))
Rank Up! Sergeant Of The Master Sergeants Most Important Person Of Extreme Sergeants To The Max!
Phlakes
Posted: May 21 2011, 05:17 AM

Omega Pirate

QUOTE (Syntax Man @ May 20 2011, 11:08 PM)
someone on the escapist said that there's a passage in revelations that states something along the lines of "no one can know what the date is" so any religious nutbag who makes that claim hasn't even read his own fucking book.

Hey, I didn't know you had an account there.

Well, friend requested.

Anyway, I definitely won't be surprised when I wake up on the 22nd.
Zurginator
Posted: May 21 2011, 12:59 PM

Can't wait for tomorrow. And yes, Syntax, there are MULTIPLE passages that say not even God the Son knows when he's coming back, only God the Father.

Basically, if someone says "Rapture on X day" you can know "Rapture not on X day."
Pomegranate
Posted: May 21 2011, 05:38 PM

Prime Essence

Group: MP2D Team
Member No.: 690

My opinion is that the end of the world will be brought upon by global economic collapse and, subsequently, World War 3 and a nuclear holocaust. This is just my pessimistic attitude towards the current system that most countries have decided to adopt. I mean... just one example... the Federal Reserve Bank? That's so much bullshit. We've basically decided to give sole control of our money supply (because they can just "create" money whenever they damn well please) over to a board consisting of seven people. In addition, the largest economic collapse, the Great Depression, in addition to many other recessions since, have happened during the Fed's existence, and the Fed exists to lessen stuff like that:
QUOTE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Federal_Reserve)
Perhaps the most widely-accepted criticism of the Fed was first proposed by Milton Friedman and Anna Schwartz that the Fed exacerbated the 1929 recession, sparking the Great Depression. After the stock market crashed in 1929, the Fed continued to contract the money supply and refused to save banks that were struggling due to bank runs. This mistake, critics charge, allowed what might have been a relatively mild recession to explode into catastrophe. Friedman and Schwartz believed that the depression was a tragic testimonial to the importance of monetary forces.

Ron Paul even states that the Federal Reserve is unconstitutional. Of course, I'm a proponent of the gold standard, as opposed to fiat currency, so I may just be a lunatic. icon_razz.gif There are many other screwed up systems in the various governments as well, but I won't elaborate here.

Another option that I'm thinking may happen is that with the advent of AI, the computers will realize how truely fucked up humans are and exterminate them from the galaxy, Mass Effect or Matrix style.

If, however, we do thrive and begin to colonize space, etc... I doubt we'll ever die off. At least not until we've exhausted all the available resources in the galaxy or the galaxy's live cycle comes to an end or we run into aliens with better technology intent on exterminating us.

Hijacking this thread: How do you think the world will end??

--------------------
user posted image
Does anyone else think this screen-cap is incredibly hilarious? He's like "RAWR!" but he looks so ridiculous it's hard to keep a straight face.
Candy Man Criminal
Posted: May 21 2011, 05:50 PM

Metroid Prime

Member No.: 1,101

POST RAPTURE LOOTING TIME

--------------------
QUOTE (Timmeh)
troid is jesus on stilts

Pomegranate
Posted: May 21 2011, 06:54 PM

Prime Essence

Isn't there a Facebook page for that? I think I remember seeing something like that or hearing about it. Lol.

--------------------
user posted image
Does anyone else think this screen-cap is incredibly hilarious? He's like "RAWR!" but he looks so ridiculous it's hard to keep a straight face.
Phlakes
Posted: May 21 2011, 06:58 PM

Omega Pirate

Yep, right here, and I'm already in it.
Pomegranate
Posted: May 22 2011, 10:37 PM

Prime Essence

Uh oh... I guess only the "true" Christians were... err... actually, nobody was... raptured. Everyone else is fucked.

--------------------
user posted image
Zurginator
Posted: May 23 2011, 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Pomegranate @ May 22 2011, 10:37 PM)
Uh oh... I guess only the "true" Christians were... err... actually, nobody was... raptured. Everyone else is fucked.

Well, I was going to go to a Methodist church today, but they were all raptured yesterday.

>_>
<_<
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyStart New TopicStart New Poll

Go to IRC Room

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0694 seconds | Archive
free hit counter
free hit counter