You can have a "pet" AS a CHARACTER!
Here's the rules regarding that...
1. You must purchase a secondary account for the Pet-Character in Question.
2. You must actually own the creature in question (though your character does not), by purchasing it as a custom, halfbreed, etc.
3. The pet you wish to make into a character must have the ability 'Speak' or 'Telepathy', and intelligence of 'Sentient' or higher. (A ribbon of telepathy does not count, but a collar of speech does, given the creature's sentient.)
4. A pet character gains levels just like any other pet (usually once every five posts). It uses these levels (and the training points gained from them) to spend on the normal tricks and abilities available to a creature of its kind. A pet character gains levels in any area in which a character would gain levels, which is not always where pets normally gain levels. (They do not get levels twice as quickly for the plot area.)
5. Pet characters do not gain skills (but again, they gain abilities, moves, and tricks), nor do they have attributes or traits.
6. A pet character is not able to own more than three pets, and one Draconic of its own. Ever.
Pets that speak can learn new languages by spending the TP (15) to learn the ability 'speak' for each new language beyond their first.
'Telepathy' is considered it's own, 'universal language' that all language speaking people can understand.
A pet can communicate decently with its own species, though such communication is always limited, especially if the creature's species is not usually sentient.
We'll never part. I'll never stray again from you
.This dog is destined for a home to your heart.