|Welcome to Hxrv2. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Rehaul of Stats
Group: General Staff
Member No.: 9
Joined: 28-October 07
1) I really don't like the thought of the Agate and Pearl, which beforehand did not have any Respect level issues. The Pearl- the only thing was, loyalty 20 got you an early Empathetic link. Now, they're suddenly not respecting me? o.o And the Coral, that had had a level req before, suddenly doesn't? I don't like stuff like that changing except at growths. Dx
2) I like the new stats so far. A lot. The Golossle are still OUT THERE and so are the Gugs (haha, Tanks. XD) but it seems more...suitable.
3) Um...Bloodgorge (UVSC Salaves v1) was stronger cause he was bigger than the other Salaves. Is this something I discuss with you, or with Josie now?
4) Those Amphadron are amazing. o.o I got my Eclipse-based offspring to level 5 anyway, so loyalty 7 yay!
5) I get home from school, take a break from chores, and this thing has like 4 pages. o.o So NICE WORK SPIRIT! on all the updates! 8D
6) Besides those Amphas, are there any other new VSC? (Erm, I assume they're new... XD;; I don't remember them.)
This post has been edited by Ashe on Jun 18 2009, 07:07 PM
Far over, the misty mountains cold.
To dungeons deep, and caverns old.
The pines were roaring, on the heights.
The winds were moaning, in the night.
Member No.: 4
Joined: 1-October 07
I think everyone who was good at 'taking advantage' of the stats previously, such as myself, is probably a little less happy with this change. For example, those of us who trained our Wiurn really well, because they were SUPER fighters, are a little sad that they're... well, frankly not so super anymore.
However, I also feel this is how it SHOULD be. It's not so much, "This creature can NEVER hit this creature. One hit from a Silverfang, and that Tained's done for!"
It's a lot more fair, and easy for even less powered creatures to win this way. A Wiurn COULD loose to a (muchmuch) better trained Vulticus. If that Vulticus knows good moves, and the Wiurn does not. This makes me happy.
As an interesting note, regarding these stats... I think they would have been better the way they were if we hadn't changed 'average' halfway through. I feel like the earlier species were built on a 'much grander' scale than the newer ones were. Almost as though you had '10' or something being human average, instead of 3.
However, this was still kind of 'broken' in that some stats were far too low and others were far too high. Some things ranged from 1 to 30... instead of now, where they range from a (much fairer) 1 to 15. A low dexterity creature at least has a chance of hitting an average creature, where as before an Earth Elemental Golem couldn't hit a Wiurn no matter how hard it tried. Now it has a hard time of hitting, but it isn't impossible.
Not only that, but a creature who has an incredible strength, is not going to be very fast at all under this system. Unlike the old Wiurn, who were too tough to hurt, strong enough to one-hit kill, fast enough not to get hit, and had enough stamina not to be killed. (The Wiurn weren't the only ones that needed help, you must realize. They're just a good example because I'm familiar with them.)
ALSO! Those of you who are worried about the dexterities (which, I was at first), consider this.
The difference between two dexterities, subtracted from 10, multiplied by 10, equals the percent chance to hit.
Confused by this sentence? Let me help...
Creature A has 8 dex. Creature B has 2 dex. 8-2 = 4. 10-4=6. 6x10=60. A creature with 2 dex has a 60% chance of hitting one with 8 dex.
60% isn't horrible, but it isn't great either. This is about the difference between a 'wolf puppy' and a 'fox', here on HxR.
We'll never part. I'll never stray again from you
.This dog is destined for a home to your heart.
No Cursing, No Spamming, No Harassment, No Chatspeak.
If you're upsetting other members - stop
Do not post links from sources you do not 150% trust.
Failure to abide at any
time, will result in permenant
Read this before posting in the Cbox!