This is a combined rules/'how-to' for Draconic breeding.
Getting a Room, and Breeding
1. In order to breed, you must get a room.
2. In order to get a room, you must wait until one is available. It's "first come, first serve" (no reservations), so snag it fast when it comes!
3. You have 2 days for you and your partner to make your first posts in your room once you get it. If you have both not made at least one post in the first 2 days, then you forfeit the room.
4. There is one month to complete the breeding, minimum of 25 posts to "bond" the dragons. If you do not complete at least 25 posts (total, between the two players) within' one month of obtaining the room, then your breeding is unsuccessful.
Once Breeding is Complete
5. The dragons are then allowed a secluded "nest", where they are left alone until their eggs are ready. You will not be able to play with your "parents" while they are released from the nest.
6. Once the eggs are laid, the parents may go home to their owners.
For best results with the eggs, it is suggested that the parents remain to guard the eggs until they've hatched!
7. Once eggs hatch, the owners then may decide which eggs go where.
Do you wish to trade old dragons for new babies? Who gets which babies? Etc.
Remember, each player may only have 5 dragons total! Spare eggs must be given to the rookery.
8. The unclaimed hatchlings are then placed in the rookery to be adopted out by worthy owners.
The unclaimed hatchlings are no longer in the care of the parents (or their owners). The parents are also kicked out of the nests, and sent back to their homes to making room for more expecting parents.
9. Draconic cannot breed within' the "kin", so one must partner up with another player.
10. Only male/female pairings can produce clutches (though any pairings are allowed).
Male/male pairs, and female/female pairs can't produce clutches...
Unless certain... magical means are used... *cough*
11. Only adults may breed.
12. Size is important!
The farther apart two draconic are in size, the greater the risk of dud eggs! To breed a size 1 and 10 draconic together, is very risky, and difficult to do, but will no doubt result in more unique hatchlings.
13. There will be up to 5 rooms available each month for free.
These rooms will be first come first serve. These breedings will look just like the parents (down to the line-art), but have special colors.
14. If you get a breeding, you must wait another month to get another.
So, if you bred on the the 2nd month, you have to skip the 3rd month, and can breed again on the 4th.
15. Almost once every month (with few exceptions), there will be a special breeding allowed in a room. The offspring from this breeding will have special line-art, and will not just be a "recolor" of the parents.
To get this room however, you have to win a competition, so be prepared!
16. If you'd like to skip the "waiting for a room" process, you can do this easily. You simpy buy one for a (discounted) price of $5. However, you STILL have to have a partner with an opposite gendered draconic, and roleplay it, etc. This price just grants you a room.
17. If you'd like to purchase a SPECIAL room (with unique line-art), the price is still being debated.
It will most likely be $40
We'll never part. I'll never stray again from you
.This dog is destined for a home to your heart.