1. Fill out a form first. The ranger at the ranger's station will give one to you.
2. Post your form in a separate thread. If you are bringing a friend with you, have them post their form in your thread. This will help us keep groups together.
3. You MUST have gear. You will need food and water to feed yourself and your monsters, after all, and though you can find both in the wilderness, there's always a chance you won't be able to get it when you need it most. The rangers WILL NOT let you in to the grasslands without starter gear. Pick some up at the Equipment Shop.
4. Read each area description carefully. They will tell you what areas you can access from where you are, how many posts you need to get there and how much resting time you will need. They will also hint at the type of items/monsters you will be able to find there.
5. You can leave at any time. When your application is approved, you will be given a Sentinel Stone. When you're done with your travels, just rub the Sentinel Stone and a Sentinel will take you out. (Make sure to post, in HUGE letters, that you're using your stone.)
6. If you're trying to find the boss, please be aware you will have to visit all of the areas before finding the boss. On the map it clearly says that Area 6 touches Areas 4 and 5, but unless you visit Areas 2, 3, 4, and 5 (not necessarily in that order) the boss will not appear.
7. You will gain EE (Exploration Experience) for each area you've been in, however the more time you spend there the more EE you will gain. There are caps on how much EE you can earn; see the EE post for this information. Defeating the boss will earn you more EE as well. You will need EE to apply for more difficult Explorations.
8. Depending on what you've put down as your Purpose, defeating the boss will award you with different things. You can find chests with items meant for breeders or explorers - or you may be given a chance to raid the boss' nest.
9. A group can receive 1 type of prize. If each member of the group puts down a different purpose, we will randomly decide what type of prize to give to the group - breeder, explorer, or nest. However, each individual character in the group will receive their own chest or egg. For this reason, please do not apply with two of your own characters.
10. You may not roleplay in any DWF-area while in the Wilds; however, unlike the Beyond, you may roleplay in any MML-area, following their rules.
11. For the current moment in time, only DWF pets may be used in the Wilds.
12. I hope this is redundant by now, but this is an RP intense area - meaning the 5 sentence per pet rule is in effect.