How-To...Train a pet!
1) First thing you do is post at the Help Desk
a) If it is your first time at the Gym, you need to use the Check-in/New Member form and RP walking in for the first time. Alexis will see to you and get you situated in a room.
b) If you are already a member, please use the Check-In/New Member form as well - only, you do not need to interact with Alexis (you may if you wish). You post the form and continue to your thread. The posting is akin to walking into a real life gym, flashing your membership card, and proceeding on your own.
2) Once your thread is opened, train to your heart's content.
a) You may bring up to 1 pet. This will be the pet you are stat training. You may only train 1 pet at a time. Shijin and Familiars are allowed in addition to your single pet.
b) To make things more fun, you are allowed to bring up to 1 guest (character) to keep you company. This person may stat train a single pet alongside you. Your friend must also post the Check-In form and add that they are with you. If they are along for the company, they do not need a membership. If they want to train as well, they need a membership.
3) The Gym is quality over quantity. In the past, you needed to post x number of posts for a stat. There is no longer a posting limit; Alexis judges on effort, post quality, and word count. If you are particularly daring, you can train a stat point in a single post. Or, if you'd rather, you may make multiple posts.
a) Items in the gift shop may help improve the 'quality' of your post. You may use up to three at a time. Some are one-use, others are permanent, some you can take home, some you simply gain access to in the Gym itself.
4) Once you feel you have done your best and wish to check if you have earned a stat point, return to the Help Desk
and use the Check Out
form. Alexis will review your training and will inform you of your success, how many Gym Points (GP) you have earned with your efforts, and stamp your thread. You must do this with each stat point.
a) If successful, you may continue training that pet in that thread, and repeat the Check-Out process at the end again. You may leave. However, if you wish to train a different pet, you must post a Check-In form again, then proceed to your thread.
b) If unsuccessful, continue posting until you think you have done enough again, then repost.
5) If you are having trouble being successful, or are lonely with no 'guests' available to join you, or have no idea what you are doing IC, you may request Alexis's assistance. Return to the Help Desk
and post the Help
form. Alexis will join your thread and help you if you need it.
a) The Gym is for advanced RP only. It is a serious matter and needs utmost effort. Alexis cannot help you if you want to just goof off, if your character has no idea how to train, or you want Alexis to do the work for you. Alexis is there to help you get the most out of your gym experience and to give tips, or to oversee and make sure no one gets hurt, not to babysit. Please don't come to the gym to 'get a tough pet' if your character can't figure out the basics.How-To...Buy from the Gift Shop!