Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to House Fans. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Wrath-Bearing Tree, follow-up to "Wilson's Heart" episode
TelegramSam
Posted: May 20 2008, 04:41 PM

Phantom of the Hospital

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

Just a short one-off.

-----------

After such knowledge, what forgiveness?

---

Wilson turns away because he can't look at him.

So, he looks at the others instead.

He looks at Cuddy and sees the accusation in Cuddy's eyes, and the softness as well. It hurts him, so he stops looking at her.

He looks at Cameron and sees the pity in Cameron's eyes, and the sympathy. He doesn't deserve it, so he stops looking at her.

He looks at Chase and sees the disappointment in Chase's eyes, and the barely hidden disgust. It makes the bile rise in his throat, so he stops looking at him.

He looks at Foreman and sees the anger in Foreman's eyes, and can't tell whether it is directed at him or at the whole world. It is unnerving, so he stops looking at him.

He looks at Kutner and sees the bland acceptance in Kutner's eyes, and the sense of inevitable fate fulfilled. He can't accept this natural and right, not yet, so he stops looking at him.

He looks at Thirteen and sees the shock in Thirteen's eyes, and the fear. It makes his heart ache, so he stops looking at her.

He's glad that Taub has already gone home, so he doesn't have to see what is in his eyes.

He goes home as well, and he looks at the emptiness beside him in bed, and wishes he could see the warmth in Amber's eyes just one more time.

He gets up to use the bathroom and stops in front of the sink. He looks at himself, and sees the pain in his eyes, and the emptiness. It makes him feel like the shattered wreck he is, so he stops looking at himself. There's nothing else he can do, so he goes back to bed

He dreams about House's eyes and sees the accusation in them, and the softness, and the sympathy (but never pity). He sees the disappointment in them, and the disgust, and the anger (but never acceptance). He sees the shock, as well as the fear (neither of which have anything to do with danger of his request, but all to do with the asking itself). He looks at House in that brief moment waking from his coma, and he sees blue eyes full of pain and emptiness, and the love he tries so hard to hide (mostly from himself).

Wilson wakes up in the morning and wonders if he will every be able to look at anyone ever again.

--------------------
"Luke, you’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.”
~Obi-Wan Kenobi

user posted image
Catlady
Posted: May 21 2008, 07:26 PM

Department Head

Member No.: 227

Wow, no one commented yet?!? We have got to revive this board!

Anyway, this is just to say (who is she referencing now, that nerd tongue.gif) that I really liked this story. Interesting title too. This is likely another one of those things that only happens to Catlady but I immediately thought of a poem "A Poison Tree" by William Blake (not really relevant to the story or the comment, or is it). I'm sorry I can't think of anything more literarily constructive to say, but I couldn't let it go uncommented.

I do imagine that Wilson has quite the journey ahead of him too. At this point I'm still too angry about what he did to/asked of House, apparently without much in the way of qualms, to think about it, but it should be interesting given how much experience he has dealing with other people's grief and their reactions to life's less than pleasant, but always ironic, surprises.

--------------------
One cat just leads to another-- Ernest Hemingway

Here’s how to become a great artist. First, get miserable. Misery drives you to become a great artist, but the art does nothing for your misery,
--Greg House, MD (Episode 2:23, Who's Your Daddy?)
TelegramSam
Posted: May 22 2008, 05:50 PM

Phantom of the Hospital

Member No.: 14

Thanks for reading and commenting. biggrin.gif

The title and quote are from TS Eliot "Gerontion"

It's an interesting poem, check it out.

Yea, my sympathy for Wilson is pretty slim at the moment, I hope he starts acting a bit better next season. dry.gif

--------------------
"Luke, you’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.”
~Obi-Wan Kenobi

user posted image
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic Options

Skin created by Ben of the IF Skin Zone.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1852 seconds | Archive