InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Grizzled Ancients. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (11) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Guild Wars 2
Froggy Mojo
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 12:45 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

30 mns of gameplay, for those interested:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/guild_wa...eo-preview.aspx

Not sure about this one... MMOs are fun but damn are they time-sinks... wink.gif
EarthlySaint
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 11:31 PM

Member No.: 9

I pre-ordered it. I'm looking forward to accessing the beta.
Limafoxtrot
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 03:47 PM

Member No.: 4

Not gonna preorder. I'm too iffy about it. They have take out a lot of the elements that drew me to the first game and brought it close to the standard WoW time sink model.

It is still free to play so if the reviews are good I'll like pick it up since there isnt a fee to maintain.

I does look pretty.
Soktos
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 09:39 PM

Suck Toes

Member No.: 6

What elements from the first are you missing Lima? I realize that they have changed quite a few things from the first (most notably making the world persistent, rather than instancing everything)... but what else are not liking the sound of? I am genuinely curious, as I enjoyed the first game very much....
Limafoxtrot
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 02:43 PM

Member No.: 4

The instancing is a big one. Most every MMO I have tried since I have really missed the instancing GW did. I'm skeptically of the new leveling system. One of the things I really liked about the first was the way level 20 is when the game got good and it wasn't all about grinding levels.

I haven't really enjoyed the group player v. environment things in past games either. Not sure what they are called but it is the whole the town you are in is under attack so everyone should step up and defend stuff. It is fun the first couple times but gets annoying quickly as you are actually trying to do something else and can't because of an event.

I'll want to know how they treat travel and fast travel as well. I hate the MMOs that don't allow you to instantly warp to where you want to be to meet friends or whatever. GW did this and is was nice - too many other games you spend hours doing nothing but getting from point a to point b.

Curious how henchman and the new skills will work as well. I want to seem so real experiences with some of that stuff before I commit to paying.

GW is really the only MMO i've ever gotten into. Many of the GW2 design changes bring it closer to the traditional MMO format and I think that GW was in that format was something that hooked me on the game.
Kiddeth
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 08:03 PM

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (Soktos @ Apr 17 2012, 09:39 PM)
What elements from the first are you missing Lima? I realize that they have changed quite a few things from the first (most notably making the world persistent, rather than instancing everything)... but what else are not liking the sound of? I am genuinely curious, as I enjoyed the first game very much....

Yea GW over instanced the hell out of everything. DDO did the same but they did have a better game mechanic.
EarthlySaint
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 07:42 PM

OK, for those doing the BETA, I'm on the Borlis Pass Home World. Just started messing around.

Graphics look very nice. If you like Kingdoms of Amalur graphics, they are similar (IMHO). Very rich color.

I created a fighter, Tarren Coldfire and an elementalist, Tempest Coldfire.

Will post more as I get into it.

Cheers!
Rob
Froggy Mojo
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 09:22 PM

Member No.: 3

Very much looking forward to your impressions Rob! Still on the fence with this one...
EarthlySaint
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 09:40 PM

The Plus side:

1) Nice, rich graphics. Playing on hi-res everything...looks gorgeous on my 27" imac (bootcamp, win 7 install)
2) Plenty of character options when 'rolling your toon' and customizing...looking forward to varied armor & weapon types
3) Great skill attack effects...I love burning stuff up with the ele. Waiting to unlock more skills.

The so so side (cant say bad yet, too early)

1) OK quest tasks....feels like more of the same though (go there, help with that, etc)
2) Have not seen a party system yet.
3) Cannot seem to set mouse controls...I am really missing the click to run forward & attack

The Bad:
1) LAAAAAGGGGG...can't log back in yet because the login servers are overrun...supposedly Anet is fixing.
EarthlySaint
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 01:30 AM

So...hours later... Its really growing on me. Playing the ele (my warrior is collecting dust) and am level 7. As an ele, you can switch between the elements which is very cool. I like how you have a basic attack for each that automatically fires so you can strafe while still targeting without constantly hitting a fire button. Leveling system is really good...check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5yQiouuX-c...player_embedded
Soktos
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 04:41 AM

Suck Toes

The game is awesome. Only played for about an hour tonight, but I can tell this game is day one.

I have read in numerous places that the beta is also completely unoptomized for your GPU, rather, the game is all CPU dependent at this point, which is why it isn't butter smooth. Once they optimize the game to run more heavily on the GPU, I imagine it will become much smoother.

I love how leveling isn't a grind fest. This game really has a lot of great ideas that break the typical MMO mold.
EarthlySaint
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 05:27 AM

Sok, what server are you on and whats your toon name?

This game ROCKS! You don't need a party with this...other people just group up with you and the drops are for everyone...there is no 'stand around and wait to kill a monster and only one guy gets the drop'.
Soktos
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 10:21 AM

Suck Toes

QUOTE (EarthlySaint @ Apr 28 2012, 05:27 AM)
Sok, what server are you on and whats your toon name?

This game ROCKS! You don't need a party with this...other people just group up with you and the drops are for everyone...there is no 'stand around and wait to kill a monster and only one guy gets the drop'.

Hmmm... Cant remember. You tell me and I'll make a character on your server.
EarthlySaint
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 03:17 PM

I am currently playing Tempest Coldfire. I will probably create a Necro, Mortalis Coldfire today/tomorrow.

I'm on the Borlis Pass world server but server transfers are free through 'mid today'
Soktos
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 05:44 PM

Suck Toes

QUOTE (EarthlySaint @ Apr 28 2012, 03:17 PM)
I am currently playing Tempest Coldfire. I will probably create a Necro, Mortalis Coldfire today/tomorrow.

I'm on the Borlis Pass world server but server transfers are free through 'mid today'

Actually, do you want to switch servers? I am on the same server that all of the GAF folks are on, which is probably where I will play come release.

I am on Henge of Denravi.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (11) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1301 seconds | Archive