zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to the Mask Of Destiny Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Rahkshi Hunter
Adrninistrator
Posted: Sep 23 2012, 05:51 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

"The Rahkshi Hunter had a run in with a not-too-friendly Lerahk a long time ago, and a quick glance at him will tell you this story and it's outcome without a single word spoken."

I can't remember when exactly I built the first version, or if I have his picture around somewhere, but over a few years his arms got pulled out and most of his body lost. I decided it was about time I revamped this character so I could scrap the limb or two I had left which had been acting as a reminder to remake him.

For the design, I wanted to use as much of an actual rahkshi set as I could, trying to make it look like one toy cannibalized the other to replace it's lost limbs. I had debated between the skeletal limbs with rakish part armor(like the original), or lost limbs replaced with rakish parts which it wound up being after all. If I ever get the parts and talent to pull it off, I'd love to make a more decorative version with armor over the skeletal arms.
Takal
Posted: Sep 23 2012, 08:26 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

I like how you've used so much of the rahkshi's armour in the MOC, though the blue parts seem spindly and gappy while the Lehrak augments appear clubbish and dangling off. It's an odd mix, and personally I'd bulk up the torso and left leg, build the Ben 10 chestplate into the MOC as a vambrace (if you really have to keep it), reorganise the rahkshii parts so they connect better while still protruding, as if welded over gaps, and would just ditch the spine altogether. It's a hard piece to incorporate into a toa-sized design. Sorry if I seem a little harsh
Adrninistrator
Posted: Sep 24 2012, 12:51 AM

Imatron

I do feel like I published him a bit premature, but he's been sitting as is for a month or two now so I figured I'd post him and see how well he went over. Im sort of glad you dont like it because it makes me want to rework him even more.

Funny you should mention the spine, I spent an hour or two trying to find a way to atach it to something other than a rahkshi shell. The original actually used the rahkshi skull over the left shoulder and the rahkshi's foot as the replacement foot. I wanted a foot that wasnt oversized for this version, so the skull took on the foot armor this time. What do you think of moving the skull back to the shoulder, or for that matter, what would you suggest I try for moving the rahkshi parts around?

EDIT:

I think I can work the spine in just under the ben ten sheild being used as a shoulder armour peice, still tinering with it though.

Is it just me or does the bright red ball joint in the knee somehow evade notice or did you not mention it because you assumed it was intentional. I cant remember what I was thinking when I used it.

Ive also got some metalic clicky joints from the heavier blue battle droids from episode one, which kind s skeletal for a toa but more like a servo joint, what do you think of that going under the rahkshi armor?
Takal
Posted: Sep 24 2012, 08:35 AM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

Personally, I'd build a grey underlay for the right hand side, and pay no attention to whether or not it's rahkshi (as if the rahkshii was broken down to its in-universe component parts), and integrate rahkshi hands and the skull into that. Depending how big the MOC is, I'd try to encorporate the shell and feet into that, but judging by the build of your Toa, I wouldn't force it if it's not going to work. Also I kinda' gave up on the right leg which is why I didn't comment...

Also, didn't mean like a shoulder piece, more like a shield attached to the forearm.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Sep 24 2012, 02:35 PM

Imatron

I tried the vambrace idea but it wasnt going so well, I might try it again once I find the right parts, but its a smidge too big I think. It does go well on the other shoulder at least since its bulky enough to balance out the other arm. After all the tinkering I also realized the spine was better off under the rahkshi shoulder armor, which both makes better sense and it actually fits there. The rahkshi arm is now more of a traditional inika arm, and while it looks good from the side with the three spikes sticking out, the front is still a bit lacking and the lower arm doesnt quite look right. Plus the staff attachment doesnt fit so well anymore. Ill try to get a picture later today to show you.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0666 seconds | Archive