InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Legion (From Mass Effect 2 and 3)
Xinlo
Posted: Jun 23 2012, 10:19 PM

Toa

Group: Members
Member No.: 108

"But what do I call the individual standing in front of me?"
"There is no individual. We are all Geth. There are currently 1,183 runtimes active within this platform."

---

Well, been awhile. I've been sort of out of the MOCing world for quite a while, which was unfortunate. However, after becoming fairly obsessed with the Mass Effect game series, I really wanted to build one of the characters.Legion seemed a ood fit for the robotic style of BIONICLE pieces.

Anyway, it's nowhere near a perfect representation, but I think I did pretty well (also I apologize for the bad pics, camera is MIA):

Comparison image

Posed
Standing without gun
Gun
Torso close-up
Side
Back

So yeah, that's my Legion. Now, some things of note:

-Many illegal connections were used in this; his entire torso is basically held together by an elastic.

-I'm not a huge fan of the legs, but for the life of me can't figure out how to improve them anymore; they're already loads better than they were in WIP stage.

-Legion is apparently silver, not brown - my TV lied to me.

And that's all. C&C more than welcome, thanks for looking.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Xinlo on Jun 23 2012, 10:19 PM
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 24 2012, 02:23 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It may not be perfect, but it's definatley a testament to your skill. It looked brown to me in the picture, and brown suits it good here. Have you looked at the brown robot minifigure arms from exo force for the tinier toe of the two? Im sure with the right parts and some trial and error you'l get the feet figured out.
Takal
Posted: Jun 24 2012, 12:44 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

Again, great model - see my comments on tTH3. That Mantis rifle is really good.
Heat
Posted: Jun 25 2012, 03:44 PM

I laugh at your misery.

Member No.: 262

This MOC looks very good, Xinlo. I especially like how you managed to make the head work using the pieces you had, as from the comparison pic it looks like something that would be somewhat hard to duplicate.

Great work!
Xinlo
Posted: Jul 5 2012, 03:25 AM

Toa

Member No.: 108

Adrnin: Thanks. The feet actually have 3 toes - two long ones which I built, and a third tiny one n the side which I recently added along with many other upgrades.

Takal: thanks, I was pretty happy with it, even if it isn't even close to the actual gun. tongue.gif

Heat: Yeah, it was difficult coming up with a way to depict the head. I would have liked it to be less round, but oh well. If I ever make another one, I have an idea that may or may not work better. Thanks for your comment.

Just to let you know, I upgraded it last night, adding the third toe, a slightly more solid body, strengthened arms (they don't really look different), and most importantly it's silver now. I'll post pics as soon as I get a nice sunny day.
« Next Oldest | My Own Creations | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1061 seconds | Archive