Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Kova, Except how he's a she.
Takal
Posted: May 31 2012, 03:01 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

This is one of three MOCs, one WIP and one review I'm posting today.

Anyone with extreme patience or perhaps a degree of masochism who read "After the End" would know of a shortlived Dark Hunter named Kova. He didn't do much, despite the fact that I liked him as a character and wanted to expand on him. Unfortunately, I felt that I hadn't met my fatality quota for that particular scene, and none of the cast at that point were as disposable as he was. He was a white/metru blue titan, fairly poorly constructed. As for pics, this is about the best I can do. He's face-down on the left.

Yeah... not great.

Now, back to 2012. I've decided to write canon characters out of the story's main cast. In one particular case, this leaves a rather gaping hole. Armed with a copy of Priscillla: Queen of the Desert and a collection of Lego, I set to work.

And here she is. I had intended to go with white and blue, like the original, but with so much black and silver necessary, it looked messy and the parts were exchanged for more black or dark grey. I think it looks okay.

Here's a front-shot with weapon lowered. What is unclear from this is that those rahkshi heads? Elasticated on. Held in place by elastic bands. Kinda' precarious.

From the side, the rahkshi-skull hips don't look quite so exaggerated. Which is nice.

From the back, the point of the chains is a little more obvious - the lower back is a little bland, unlike, say, [URL=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Lordy/alex/New-Parts/Takals-team/2011_bionicle_004.jpg]Amana.

Moving on to my customary less-than-serious pics:

Ria, your honour has been challenged.
[Insert obligatory Garrus reference here]
Wonder why she wears a cape? Because I was sure I had another Nivhawk skull.
Unlike Breez, if Denza were ever to take her weapon, she could easily get it back. She's slightly taller than him, which is quite the accomplishment.
However... Tarthus is still taller. As is Nathek. (Pharos actually isn't.)

So I've not actually set a backstory yet. Still toying with ideas.

So Xin, custom legs? I herd u leik them. Just tell me: the chains or no? I'm prepared to edit the thighs. The chest isn't as bulky as it looks. The cape has the odd effect of making her legs seem smaller, and the heartlight doesn't protrude out as much as it seems.

Bonus image: Pythagorast
Xinlo
Posted: Jun 2 2012, 10:21 PM

Toa

Group: Members
Member No.: 108

Well, this is different for you. Really custom. The legs are a definite highlight, though that gap in th thighs is a bit strange. Maybe it's not possible to cover up, but you should experiment a bit and see. The torso's really sleek and solid looking, though the space between the rahkshi heads somewhat counteracts the effect. Otherwise, though, the torso's near flawless.

Some people might say the arms leave something to be desired, but I like them. They have a strange effect I can't really explain, but it looks cool, whatever it is. Like the hands, too. Also stop stealing Kara's weapon and make your own d*** blade. tongue.gif Skirt thingy's a cool touch; it usually doesn't work well for me, but it looks good here. And no chains. I hate that style in reality, and I hate it on plastic toys, to. tongue.gif

Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 12:18 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The name "Kova" got my attention, when I had been working on an interactive story, (where people would feature their MOCs and name the characters, etc.) Kova was an ice elemental toa, who had an ocupation as a doctor.

Your Kova revamp came out very well, I especialy like the "skirt" thing. I cant help but think the upper torso, while interesting, does not quite fit, maybe it just looks better in person?

Ive been meaning to revamp an older MOC, and I might have to hop to it after looking at Kova's design. I had a toa moc who had been "injured' badly by a poison rahkshi. His left arm and leg was made to look a bit skelatal with the rahkshi's back plate covering up the leg a bit, and the headpeice covering his shoulder, the staff shortened and mounted to his arm as a sort of shield, to look as though he had killed the rahkshi and used it's body for repairs.
Takal
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 08:18 PM

Toa of Thunder

Yeah, I think I passed a comment on that at one point... I suppose I should edit that post to retain canonical accuracy. Woo... Wading through most of Miraka Nui's topics...

Thanks. The skirt was originally supposed to be a series of chain hoops (so the ones on her back would look less out-of-place), but yeah... wanted to hide that silver piece of armour. And the torso does look weird from any great distance. Must be an optical illusion, 'cause the profile's fine, as is up-close inspection. Dunno' why it's like that.

Looking forward to seeing it, Immy. No Workshop spoilers, if possible.
Heat
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 01:40 PM

I laugh at your misery.

Group: Members
Member No.: 262

This showed up on the active topics list, so.....

Well, this MOC looks pretty good, but I'm not really sold on the mask since I never really liked the Akaku.

(You can tell I'm not in a reviewing mood today. tongue.gif)
Takal
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 08:08 PM

Toa of Thunder

Yes... Yes I can. Thanks for the time taken, if not the effort.

...And no-one's noticed the two other MOCs? Where's the Makuta love?
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 11:13 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Have you tried to make the chain skirt yet or did you just scrap the idea to cover up the gap? I used old non friction pegs to create a flexible turaga style shawl, maybe a similar idea will work for her, with the top most chain links being held up by the thin flexable rubber things to hold the curved shape, and the rest kind of dangling, or linked together via the peg holes every few links?
Takal
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 03:04 PM

Toa of Thunder

No, the idea's scrapped and the chains have been completely removed now. I might use the idea in other models if it's appropriate.
« Next Oldest | My Own Creations | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1013 seconds | Archive