InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Third Annual Brickmagic Convention Approaches
Adrninistrator
Posted: May 2 2012, 04:32 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

News link

Last year the BIONICLE section was pretty worthwhile to see, and it was even front row center, practicly the first thing you saw in the door, and not tucked away elseware like when I first started going to LEGO Conventions. Lets hope for a good display this year too.
Shadrahk
Posted: May 2 2012, 09:10 PM

Shadpony. Element of Shadness.

Group: Members
Member No.: 72

I wish I could go. sad.gif

Ahh well.

They had a Bionicle section last year?
Shadowed Noxus
Posted: May 2 2012, 09:30 PM

Oh he who seeks power...

Member No.: 256

Sounds interesting. But I don't get to travel to go to these things.
Adrninistrator
Posted: May 3 2012, 03:12 AM

Imatron

They had a Bionicle section last year?

Yes, but it wasnt so much that they had a section for Bionicle as it was a bunch of people got together with bionicle stuff and set up at the same tables. Unfortunatley they didnt have any prize categories that BIONICLE mocs fell into, they were all things like "best car", best something or other, etc.

As flawed as it was, I miss the Brickfair organization, where all themes had a coordinator, and a prize was awarded to someone for each theme. The coordinators were forced to award one prize for the entire theme though, so small sized MOCs had to compete with large and elaborate creations in the same genre when they should have been devided into small medium and large categories or something. Then there was the voter to exibiter ratio, and every voter had their own MOCs on display, so they had to limit how many MOCs were eligible to vote on or theyd have every other MOC tied for the award with 2 votes. To solve that they limit the vote to five mocs chosen by the coordinator, so the best five were limited to one persons' opinions before the voting even started. Then, since the coordinator had his own MOCs he would have to choose between excluding his own great creations which itself was not fair to the coordinator, or picking one of theirs and being accused of unfareness. I could be wrong on some of the details, this is just how I percieved it.
Xinlo
Posted: May 3 2012, 08:50 PM

Toa

Member No.: 108

Where is this? I'm trying to make it to BricksCascade in June (Oregon) with a TTH friend (Haru), so we'll see how that one goes. Depending on the time/place, I might be able to make it to this too.

This post has been edited by Xinlo on May 3 2012, 08:51 PM
Adrninistrator
Posted: May 4 2012, 02:33 AM

Imatron

This one is practicly on the other side of the country, Raleigh, North Carolina.

Good luck and bring a tazer in case Haru is crazy.
Matoro
Posted: May 4 2012, 05:28 AM

Birds R Awesome!

Member No.: 36

Somebody let me know if there is a Brick Convention event hosting at Chicago.
Takal
Posted: May 4 2012, 02:10 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Xinlo @ May 3 2012, 08:50 PM)
Where is this? I'm trying to make it to BricksCascade in June (Oregon) with a TTH friend (Haru), so we'll see how that one goes. Depending on the time/place, I might be able to make it to this too.

So I'll know why you two aren't speaking to each other when you get back.

...Britain...
Adrninistrator
Posted: May 9 2012, 12:40 AM

Imatron

Also, BZP's got a pretty good conventon list posted, heres a link.
« Next Oldest | BIONICLEŽ News And Forum Updates | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0979 seconds | Archive