InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

LEGOŽ Shaun of the Dead Turned Down, Not sure if this is news or not...
Shadrahk
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 10:42 PM

Shadpony. Element of Shadness.

Group: Members
Member No.: 72

News link

LEGOŽ has turned the idea down. We will NOT be getting any Shaun of the dead sets. sad.gif

Offical Lego Statement.

I was looking forward to this theme. Maybe better luck next time?

(And if this doesn't count as news, then the devil made me do it)

edited for news link and fixed up a bit-Imatron
Shadowed Noxus
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:05 PM

Oh he who seeks power...

Member No.: 256

It's a nifty idea, but I can see why they turned it down. It's not something that they can really generalize into the younger audience. Now maybe if they made something that was like, a general Zombie Invasion theme, maybe they could make it work.
Shadrahk
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:15 PM

Shadpony. Element of Shadness.

Member No.: 72

QUOTE (Shadowed Noxus @ Apr 27 2012, 05:05 PM)
It's a nifty idea, but I can see why they turned it down. It's not something that they can really generalize into the younger audience. Now maybe if they made something that was like, a general Zombie Invasion theme, maybe they could make it work.

Yeah, xD.
"Mommy! Daddy! I want this ultra violent Lego set! It comes with real brain eating action!" tongue.gif
Adrninistrator
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 03:31 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Too bad their brand is so iconic that they almost cant deviate from their primary market to have a selection of more mature sets.

Its news enough for me ^__^
Takal
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 06:49 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

Pity... I liked Shaun of the Dead. Owning a LEGO set would be a great talking point. Besides, we've got those huge LEGO buildings sets that I doubt many children would buy, so it's not uncharted territory, just... an alternate take.
Shadowed Noxus
Posted: May 1 2012, 04:04 PM

Oh he who seeks power...

The issue with it is mostly like the same kind of issue Nintendo has on the SNES when they wanted to port Mortal Kombat to it.

"Oh no...blood!?! We can't have that on a family oriented console! Let's censor it and take out the blood and replace it with sweat! That'll work."

Regardless, it's an interesting idea on making sets themed for more mature audiences, but I wonder if they have it figured out not to simply not just by the audience they target, but also economically.
Adrninistrator
Posted: May 1 2012, 06:52 PM

Imatron

I remember when Nintendo wouldnt allow the makers of Wolfenstien to port the game over to SNES. They actually gave the source code over to a Bible product company that wanted to make a religious game, they in turn reskinned Wolfenstien into a game where Noah went around tranquilizing animals on the Ark. Of course the cartidge didnt have Nintendo's security mechanism o it wouldnt run on an SNES unless you popped a game that did into a slot on the top of the bibble game cart XD

CUUSOO has a lot of interesting ideas floating around, I wonder how many actually make it past the 10k supporters and the review to be a final product? Ive only ever heard of the space satelite/module thing.
Shadowed Noxus
Posted: May 2 2012, 12:53 AM

Oh he who seeks power...

I have a fondness of alot of the video game ideas that pop up on CUUSOO. There is a guy right now, I have him favorited on Deviantart, that is making very nice Zelda Minifigure sets and trying to get support for LEGO Legend of Zelda.

And I saw a very nicely done Star Fox Assualt Arwing.

It's also a shame that MegaBloks got to Halo first. XD
Adrninistrator
Posted: May 2 2012, 02:26 AM

Imatron

Actually I was pretty sure The LEGO Company turned down a HALO franchise, but I could be mistaken. I was just looking at the Zelda sets for the first time yesterday I think.
Shadowed Noxus
Posted: May 4 2012, 05:06 PM

Oh he who seeks power...

The guy who made the Zelda sets that is doing the custom printing on Deviantart right now has just reached 10,000 supporters. The sets are going to be reviewed by LEGO in June.

Here is the one I'm talking about. There is another one if you look up Zelda that looks promising as well.
« Next Oldest | BIONICLEŽ News And Forum Updates | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1023 seconds | Archive