InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

LDD Nuara WIP
Takal
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 08:53 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

So you remember mini Zahnok, right?

Well, this is the same idea, but in reverse. I measured myself up against lego bricks, jotted down the dimensions and set to work on LDD making her.

In short, it was a colossal failure, so I started again, this time using sloped elements and SNOT techniques. The build's nowhere near the halfway mark, but the new laptop I've got now runs LDD much more smoothly than the desktop so my production speed has rocketed in the last day or so, compared to the usual rate.

This is the most recent picture, where I've been working on her upper arm and the armour on her upper back.

The front looks exactly the same as it does here, though the shoulders have changed very slightly..

The gallery, when public, is here, and I'll update it whenever I make modifications worth noting.

If anyone's got any advice, comments or warnings (like perhaps a brick cap - that would be an interesting obstacle) please post them here.

Also, I had a half-done Mansion of Destiny, but I lost it to the same hard drive crash that deleted the old Nuara.

Update 4/5/11: Left upper arm and elbow completed.
Update 8/5/11: Symmetrical lower arm half-done and Semi-retractable (aww...) elbow blades installed. Functional.
Update 9/5/11 Got the arms done And here's a demonstration of the model's mobility
Update 6/7/11 Gone for a different approach with the lower torso than I had initially planned. More tan on the back.
Update 9/7/11 Chest complete, hip structure complete and low torso largely complete.

From here on out, if I post updates, it'll be for weapons. I don't want to ruin the surprise of the finished model from this point on.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 09:10 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I like what I see so far, I once tried to make a system Mata Nui in LDD, but it didnt take me long to realize I wasnt going to pull it off. I gave up at the feet XD

Ill be keeping an eye on this, maybe I can learn from someone obviosly more qualified than I am.

edited.
Takal
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 09:49 PM

Toa of Thunder

Well, I have this bad habit of being persistent and persevering...

Also, thanks.
Shadowed Noxus
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 02:34 PM

Oh he who seeks power...

Group: Members
Member No.: 256

Looks pretty cool. It has a nice structure to it.
Takal
Posted: May 9 2012, 09:03 PM

Toa of Thunder

It doesn't bear much semblance to the parts any more, I must admit. trying to make the chestplate look like a Gahlok Kal shield, a piece of armour and fit my dimensions was a bit much. I'm a little disappointed with that but I hope it winds up with more similarities with the original model than it currently does. That said, I'm still planning on giving the Kaukau a sort-of N7 (Mass Effect) helmet look if I can - It's not a normal Kaukau, after all. Thanks for the comments, Noxus.

Edit: I'm getting through this at quite a rate at the moment. Study leave's proving invaluable, though I feel perhaps there's something else I should be doing... Anyway, I'll be updating my sig now with the date of my most recent update, so anyone interested can see if there's updates worth viewing.
« Next Oldest | The Workshop | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0701 seconds | Archive