Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

14 Carat Gold Hau
JJMBradley
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 07:57 AM

Matoran

Group: Members
Member No.: 255

Hi guys, I am the lucky owner of one of the 30 14 carat gold Hau masks. I won it in a competition at Legoland Windsor 10 uears ago. Unfortunately, as times are tough, I am having to consider selling it and so rather than stick it straight on eBay and have someone buy it to melt it down, I thought I'd ask if any of you guys wanted to buy it. I know you'd keep it well and treasure it as I have. Post here if you're interested.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 10:18 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Congratulations on winning the gold hau! Listing it on ebay will actually be more beneficial to you in most cases, given the higher worth of this item. Paypal will protect the customer from fraud (encouraging them to bid) while giving you a saftey net in case the bids dont reach a happy minimum price by setting a reserve (which basicly means if the bidding stops at 3 bucks and your reserve is 500, your not forced to sell it for 3). Also, be sure to pass an email to BZPower.com and our site with the ebay auction if you take that path, that will get you the most attention from Bionicle fans. As soon as you are able, try to get some pictures of what you have too, some new pictures showing up on our front page news will drum up some attention.

Also, make sure to use the reserve feature, the last time one went on ebay, the results were grim and the mask only got a quarter of what it sold for last time on ebay, and the last time a sterling silver krana kal showed up, it sold for less than 300 when it once sold for well over 2000.

Edited for a bit of clarity.
JJMBradley
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 02:29 PM

Matoran

Where would you like me to email the pictures?
Adrninistrator
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 03:13 PM

Imatron

If you wan to mail them directly to me to post, richard@maskofdestiny.com
Matoro
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 04:43 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Member No.: 36

Cool! How much are you selling the Hau's for? Masks for the win!
Adrninistrator
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 03:04 AM

Imatron

I just want to make sure you didnt misread his post Matoro, he says he won one of the 30 or so Solid 14 Carat Gold hau masks. Its not one of the plastic ones sold in the 2$ mask packs long ago.

These masks have a suggested retail price of $800.00 dollars USD as given by The LEGO Company for taxing purposes. A couple old articles regarding the hau popping up on ebay, and the results:

http://www.maskofdestiny.com/story/front/G...Sold_102838.asp

http://www.maskofdestiny.com/story/front/1...sted_128998.asp

Its hard to say how much it is worth now, except to say "as much as the high bidder will offer", and the market was in the buyers' favor last time these collectibles showed up on ebay. The LEGO Company has reported record sales latley though, though Bionicle has been discontinued, and I think a lack of interest in collectors has developed.

I hope I can convince you to list the mask on ebay, where all the potential collectors will have a chance to bid on it, and hopefully get you the highest yield possible. If your not comfortable selling it below a certain ammount, make sure you set that as a reserve so if bidding ends at an amount that does not make up for the sentimental value, you still have wiggle room to not sell the mask after all. Sorry for repeating myself, I just want to make sure I emphasize those options.

UPDATE: The guests on our forums have jumped significantly, I can only imagine it's interest in the mask starting to manifest.
Letoki
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 07:51 PM

The guy who can't think of a member title

Member No.: 175

I hope someone here buys it, I'd hate to see one of the 30 gold haus get melted down.
I would buy this in a heart beat, if I had the money.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 01:06 AM

Imatron

Chances are, if it sells for more than 800 bucks, its not going into a melter unless a property of gold is dicovered or innovated to do somthing miraculous.

He's not yet decided if he is going to sell it, since it is quite a rare item to have and he'd prefer not to lose it if he can avoid it. Lets wish him luck that he can keep it after all, or if it comes to it, a fair price on ebay.
JJMBradley
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 09:34 AM

Matoran

I really don't want to see it melted and yeah I'm still deciding whether to sell it or not. Either way I'd like to try and find where all 30 of them are. So far I know I have one and whoever posted the picture on this site has one but that's it. Lego aren't any help, when I asked them if they had any more info about the mask they directed me here! So anyone wanna help/got any ideas?
Adrninistrator
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 04:02 PM

Imatron

Oh you ment a list of the 14k Haus, not a list of all known masks.

Well, besides your own, Our webmaster owns one, then there' the gentleman who last attempted to sell his 14K hau on ebay but couldnt get a high enough profit to be comfortable selling it, but I dont know who he is other than that.

I understand there are about 2-4 in the hands of the higher-ups in The LEGO Company which were seperate of the 30 given out as prizes to the public. I think one used to be owned by Bionicle Rex, former head of staff at BZPower, but I think he sold his, to whom I cant remember if true.

Chances are unlikley we will be able to find out who all the owners are, only five percent of the customer base is represented by the online community. EDIT: My mistake, Mark does not have one, I wonder where I got the idea he did.
Raphael
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 07:13 AM

Matoran

Member No.: 200

if only i could.......14 karat gold hau is the pearl of collection......uff/////
Luke
Posted: Jun 12 2012, 08:51 AM

Bohrok

Member No.: 9

Don't melt it down! This is a priceless piece of Bionicle history.

Did you have any sort of asking price in mind?
JJMBradley
Posted: Jun 12 2012, 09:00 AM

Matoran

Don't worry I'm not melting it. I've only recently just found it and it's now sitting in its case on my bedside table. I honestly think I'd struggle to sell it and no longer actually need to, so it'd take a very good offer for me to consider it. PM me if you had something in mind.

I'm gutted we can't try and get some kind of official list going and attempt to track down all the remaining ones. And it's a shame Lego seem to have no record that they even exist, when I asked the woman basically did a google search and sent me here!
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 13 2012, 02:16 AM

Imatron

Strange, I was just thinking yesterday that you seem to have dissapeared and here you are XD. I'm glad to hear your in the position to keep it after all.

Im not familiar if they even made a record of the winners, and its probably safer for the them anyway, I can imagine someone tracking them down to steal it from their house or something.
Raphael
Posted: Feb 16 2013, 05:08 PM

Matoran

Member No.: 200

QUOTE (JJMBradley @ Jun 12 2012, 09:00 AM)
Don't worry I'm not melting it. I've only recently just found it and it's now sitting in its case on my bedside table. I honestly think I'd struggle to sell it and no longer actually need to, so it'd take a very good offer for me to consider it. PM me if you had something in mind.

I'm gutted we can't try and get some kind of official list going and attempt to track down all the remaining ones. And it's a shame Lego seem to have no record that they even exist, when I asked the woman basically did a google search and sent me here!

is it still on sale? the hau?
« Next Oldest | Toys and Collectibles | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1026 seconds | Archive