InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

8541 MATAU, turaga of the air
-Kopaka mata-
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 03:13 PM

Matoran

Group: Members
Member No.: 167

Hi everybody, I am from Russia. And I want to lay out there one of my AF-reviews. Sorry if i do something wrong.

8541 MATAU

user posted image

Name: Matau
Theme: Bionicle
Year: 2001
Pieces: 26
Minifigures: 0
Price: 3.00 USD

Further References: BrickLink, Brickset, Biosector01.

The Box

user posted image

This is a simple small box, a little bigger than standart impulse-sets box. It has art of Turaga Matau on it's front and old-school Bionicle logo.

user posted image

On the back of the box you can see all six turaga sets from 2001, and a picture of the combiner of all turaga - Turaga Nui.

user posted image

On the right and left sides of the box there are some another pictures of set and address of Bionicle site.

The instructions

user posted image
user posted image

Instruction consists and another side of it is the poster. Looks very nostalgicically =)

The pieces

user posted image

Turaga Matau consists of a mixture of Technic and Bionicle pieces, like other sets of first years of Bionicle series.

Design and playability of the set.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Here is the completely built Turaga Matau, Ex-Toa Metru of Air. He is a little humpbacked and has disproportionately large head and feet.

user posted image

Matau is quite agile and can sit unlike 2001 Toa Action-figures.

user posted image

Under set's mask there is a green old-style bionicle head.

user posted image

If you press the lever on his back, he raises up his hand with a stick.

user posted image

Turaga Matau's mask is just awesome. It has lime color and looks some anthropoid. This mask called Mahiki, the Noble Mask of Illusion

user posted image

Matau's staff looks like jungle cutter. On its end there is green rotating saw. I think that i saw this pat in some of Racers theme sets.

Size comparison

user posted image

The set is a little taller tha standart 2001 matoran...

user posted image

But in comparison with Toa Tahu it looks very small.

Some other photos

user posted image

Matau and his counterparts. All six turaga sets.

user posted image

Tarakava rider!

user posted image
Don't look back...

Conclusion

Matau - Nice little set of old bionicle times. It will be liked by collector and by the MOC creators as source of some good rare parts.
Oh, it's something enchanting, that have old sets of Bionicle...

That's all, I hope you enjoyed the review. Sorry for bad English =)
Adrninistrator
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 03:55 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The english wasnt that bad actually. There were a couple typos, maybe a missed word, but otherwise much better than most english speakers I see on the internet these days.

Nice work on the pictures too, they look like a profesional took them. Also, hes riding a Nui Jaga in the picture instead of a Tarakava.
Takal
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 09:26 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

Great pics - the quality's certainly set at a high standard. It's nice to see a review of something so classic.

Could use a little more depth in places, but it is just a little Turaga.
Matoro
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 01:50 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Member No.: 36

Lots of cool high quality pics! Neat!

Oh man! There was a movable gear-like function for Matau's arm (It is simple, but still! Very neat!)?! I certainly didn't know that! That is so cool how back then even LEGO's smallest sets has some action to it! Unbelievable! biggrin.gif
Luke
Posted: Jun 12 2012, 08:56 AM

Bohrok

Member No.: 9

Great review. I was always very disappointed that I was never able to buy any of the turaga. They were pretty much the only sets I didn't have from '01 to '06, minus a couple of the larger Rahi sets that came out in '01 to '02.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Jun 13 2012, 02:06 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I know I regret not buying the turaga when I had the chance. I do have a set now, but it wasn't quite the same since they came prebuilt in an eBay auction.
maxthethrax
Posted: Dec 29 2012, 03:22 PM

The master of the Bohrok Swarms

Member No.: 271

You have made awesome review!!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
AWESOME

This post has been edited by maxthethrax on Dec 29 2012, 03:22 PM
« Next Oldest | Member Review Database | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0940 seconds | Archive