Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Shame
Raphael
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 06:23 PM

Matoran

Group: Members
Member No.: 200

It's realy shame that Mask of Destiny is abandoned. I've wached all photos in gallery, saw all the rewievs and i must say it's not fair that Mask of Destiny is in second place afther BZP.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 08:35 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Mark, Dave, and Philip built a great site, and added content and news more frequently than BZPower did at the time (or that is my understanding) so it's no wonder the site has so much more than BZP did at the time.

We haven't been abandoned however, and people still use Mask Of Destiny as a beacon of sorts (Im suprised I still get questions emailed to me about the site's content and general Bionicle stuff), which is why I havent already shut the forums down.
Takal
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 09:43 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

It's still my homepage. I just don't feel like monologuing.
Matoro
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 04:46 AM

Birds R Awesome!

Member No.: 36

Bionicle ended, there is nothing to talk about. Unless we all agree to clean out our stories of Bionicle, start from the beginning and act all tense what is going to happen next sort of thing.
What I would like to see or read is adventures of the matoran, of what they did on the island of Mata Nui for 999 years before the Toa Mata came to shore. (That is correct right? 1 Year - the matoran had peace, and 998 years matoran were separated from the Makuta, and the last year that is when the Toa Mata came right?)
Or
See more adventures of Toa Likan's Metru Team. We got to see some story in that, but not enough. It was mostly on Nidikki and Tuyet and not really much of the other toa.

Idk, I am trying to think up things for us to talk about to deepen the storyline of the official bionicle universe.
Don't worry, MLP is not replacing my fandom for Bionicle. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Matoro on Feb 15 2012, 04:48 AM
toaofcheese
Posted: Jun 23 2012, 10:09 AM

The Only and Original

Member No.: 25

Yeah, once the story ended in 2006 - er, uh, 2010 - everyone pretty much moved on from Bionicle entirely. The only ones I've seen still participating in it are artist oldies like LadyK etc. MoD itself took a dive in activity before the line ended, though, when some of the older members left, and it's always nice to see people like Shad pop in from time to time.

It *is* a shame, though; FoD's a great place. Always been my preferred Bionicle fansite, and really preferred fansite overall.

Eh well. SUCH IS LIFE.
Monasti
Posted: Jul 2 2012, 05:14 PM

Toa Nuva

Group: Mernbers
Member No.: 24

MoD kind of went downhill when the really nice kind members got forced out by a bunch of spamming trolls.
toaofcheese
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 07:52 PM

The Only and Original

/just noticed this topic probably belongs elsewhere.

When're we talking about, Monasti? Post-renovation?
Monasti
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 08:32 PM

Toa Nuva

Pre-invisionfree. Proboards, after old old FoD.

When they all left to join TBoB.
Takal
Posted: Jul 9 2012, 03:57 PM

Toa of Thunder

Last time I looked up tBoB (two years ago), it was pretty much dead. It also made very little sense, but I suppose that was Deimos' calling card.
Monasti
Posted: Jul 9 2012, 05:36 PM

Toa Nuva

It was everyone's calling card, lets be fair...
Takal
Posted: Jul 9 2012, 08:35 PM

Toa of Thunder

True enough, Monasti.
toaofcheese
Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:21 AM

The Only and Original

QUOTE (Monasti @ Jul 8 2012, 08:32 PM)
Pre-invisionfree. Proboards, after old old FoD.

When they all left to join TBoB.

Yeah, anything from FoD through Proboards was pretty solid.
Keiria
Posted: Jan 22 2013, 10:03 PM

Toa

Member No.: 296

Well, I think that this site is good and reliable!
Onua39
Posted: Jan 24 2013, 10:15 PM

Toa of Telepathy!

Member No.: 294

QUOTE (Adrninistrator @ Feb 14 2012, 08:35 PM)
Mark, Dave, and Philip built a great site, and added content and news more frequently than BZPower did at the time (or that is my understanding) so it's no wonder the site has so much more than BZP did at the time.

We haven't been abandoned however, and people still use Mask Of Destiny as a beacon of sorts (Im suprised I still get questions emailed to me about the site's content and general Bionicle stuff), which is why I havent already shut the forums down.

3 reason you sould not close down MoD
1. once BIONICLE came to an end it was a place for me to hang with guys(Er....People)that are just as big Bionicle junkies as i am
2. On wikipedia if you look up BIONICLE the only site in their recognition is MoD, NOT however BZP.
3. Last i would sue immy if he did that(kidding). laugh.gif
Takal
Posted: Jan 25 2013, 01:53 AM

Toa of Thunder

QUOTE (Onua39 @ Jan 24 2013, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (Adrninistrator @ Feb 14 2012, 08:35 PM)

3 reason you sould not close down MoD
1. once BIONICLE came to an end it was a place for me to hang with guys(Er....People)that are just as big Bionicle junkies as i am
2. On wikipedia if you look up BIONICLE the only site in their recognition is MoD, NOT however BZP.
3. Last i would sue immy if he did that(kidding). laugh.gif

Wikipedia knows too much.

"There is still much hope on many Bionicle fansites such as Mask of Destiny that the Lego set theme will return."

...Not so much "hope" as "expectation." I'm sure we haven't seen the last of this line, but I can't say I look forward to its eventual return. Unless they the time to really sit down and think over the plot and set design progression, I think it would be better if it stayed dead. Another half-decade (I don't expect it to last as long in future incarnations) of Inika torso'd clones does not project the charm of Bionicle as it used to be.

Inika builds can be pulled off, though. 2007 showed that very well. The point is that when you make a hit design, you don't milk all the fun out of it for the remainder of the line's duration. Innovation and experimentation are the keys to the success of a lego buildable action figure line, and its these values I fear have been abandoned for simple alterations and reconfigurations of previous releases.

...Also I don't consider "guys" a male-specific term. None of the girls I've used it around seem offended. Either that or we have a predominantly masculine female population in Scotland...

Hey, just so long as you don't sue the entire administrative team. I am but a poor student.
Keiria
Posted: Jan 25 2013, 10:25 PM

Toa

Member No.: 296

Maybe I'll spread the word about MOD so there will be more people on sometimes. Maybe even on internet multi-player games. I just don't want the site to close down!
Takal
Posted: Jan 25 2013, 10:52 PM

Toa of Thunder

It's been much, much quieter than this, Kieria. We're not shutting down any time soon.

...That said, a little more activity would be nice... just make sure the people you send our way are interested in the site's main theme, otherwise it's just more fuel for tTH.

...And we don't talk about tTH...
« Next Oldest | Toys and Collectibles | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1598 seconds | Archive