Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

#7318 "Rahkshi", First Look
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 30 2009, 11:15 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Mask Of Destiny takes it's first look at the BIONICLE Star set, Rahkshi, please tell us your own thoughts, or what questions you have.
Matoro
Posted: Dec 1 2009, 02:20 AM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Wow! Thanks for the detailed description of your thoughts on the star Rahkshi set. You dissect it real well from only just 18 pieces! But I still think spending 8 to 9 dollers on the set for 18 duplo bionicle pieces are not as worth it.

WELL I HOPE LEGO SHOULD GO BACK TO GEAR SETS!!!
Ria
Posted: Dec 1 2009, 07:27 PM

Lord of Sona Nui

Member No.: 7

Good review Immy. Shame the head and spine are one piece.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Dec 2 2009, 12:29 AM

Imatron

Yea, parts to revamp and make a full sized rahkshi variant would have been nice...Perhaps its still sort of doable with the right parts? On the other hand this ugly new element might be good for a MOC.

EDIT:

Duplo Bionicle, Ive been trying to come up with a word that kinda mixes the two since you made that very interesting observation, Hows DUPLOnicle sound?
Avak
Posted: Dec 8 2009, 05:07 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

I like the ideas behind these sets, but the sets themselves arn't all that good.
For instance, the rahkshii:
Great spine/back piece, but the head being on the same piece? It doesn't work, just like the Piraka spines. The sets look all the better for it, but when you try to turn their heads, they just turn back again. The spear is identical to a Guurahk spear except in a more silvery colour, and the body doesn't do the sweepy thing. Also, why kill the kraata? Is it because it would cost too much to put a random one in each canister, and Lego doesn't want to waste money or time planning a decent set for a series they're going to axe anyway? Why are they all based on the Av-matoran? Why is Tahu's shield so small? It could barely block an attack aimed at his hand! "Because he has a mask of shielding" may be the answer, but if so why did they give him a shield at all?
Rant over, I still think that these sets are very good, but the obvious limits to budget they've put on them show too much.

I hope I havn't put anyone off buying the rahkshii, because I may get one myself.
Matoro
Posted: Dec 8 2009, 09:42 PM

Birds R Awesome!

The Skrall set looks exactly looks like the set from the original Skrall Algori set. That was very disappointing LEGO done. Nothing new there. I wonder why they didn't do anything from the Metru storyline. LEGO is missing the Metru Bionicle storyline.

They have:
One 01 set
Two 09 sets
One 06 set
Two 03 sets
But they forgot the storyline of 2004 set! And I thought the 2004 bionicle storyline was the best! They should of made a visorak or Vahki as their star set. Oh well.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Dec 9 2009, 12:08 AM

Imatron

I wonder why they even put Srall in there, connsidering how recent he is, they should have made him a toa Nuparu Mahri mahri remake or something. Star Skrall is basicaly a mix between the original skrall agori, with Glatorians skralls shoulder swords in the color green (attached by sand green twin plug thingy, which IS a nice addition), and a bone hunter from the Fero and Skirmix set. Well, at least we get: O_O A black Kopaka Olda sword!

I heard however that these stars actualy ave some storyline value, but honestly if they dropped that concept and gave us flashback models from each era, I would have liked that a wee bit better.
Matoro
Posted: Dec 9 2009, 02:30 AM

Birds R Awesome!

QUOTE (Adrninistrator @ Dec 9 2009, 12:08 AM)
Well, at least we get: O_O A black Kopaka Olda sword!

Hmm, I guess I can one final Stars Bionicle set in chrismas till the story ends in 2010.
It seems like most of the people I talked to said that they want Tahu for "the Golden Hau". Or just that star set for 1 specific piece. I laugh. And they are really willing to spend 8 to 9 dollers for 1 awesome piece when they can go to ebay or bricklink to get one?/Or spraypaint one?

I am thinking of getting my (pretty much) final LEGO set this YEAR (Thats if they go back to the good ol days, with awesome sets back then). For my Christmas wishlist, I asked for the Skrall Star set. Just because, the Kopaka's sword, Skrall sword, feet, and the 3 Algori Legs might be useful for mocing. And addition to that, is that they are all black. And everything goes well with black. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Matoro on Dec 9 2009, 02:32 AM
Kirby
Posted: Dec 22 2009, 02:31 PM

The super tough pink puff!

Member No.: 52

This Rahkshi looks awesome. I can't wait to get it...oh how I remember opening the original Rahkshi back in 2003...
T3Omega
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 10:04 PM

Matoran

Member No.: 59

Do you think this is a good buy Adrninistrator?
Propaganda Minister
Posted: Dec 28 2009, 01:55 PM

Matoran

Member No.: 19

I actually liked how the old Rahkshi looked like their staves were part of their arms (Having only seen the first film, I can't really comment on how they appeared in the films). I agree with the point that this one looks a bit stiff, I can see that from the top view.
« Next Oldest | BIONICLEŽ News And Forum Updates | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1107 seconds | Archive