Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Takal's team, ...Except Kural
Takal
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 12:59 AM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

So I've posted Takal and Nuara before, but my earlier renditions of Cehra, Denza, Amana and Vano were pretty unimpressive.

Well, not any more!

Firstly, I give to you Toa Denza, of gravity.
As a Matoran, Denza was uncharacteristically tall, strong and resistant, having tried to escape the realm of Karzahni several times before he met Nuara and, afterewards, Vano, Amana and Takal. Before his incarceration, Denza hints at a similarly gruelling lifestyle, one he wants to put behind him. During one of his first challenges as a Toa, he announced his support of the Toa Code, and vowed never to kill again, despite his lack of inhibitions as a Matoran, in order to set the record straight.
He gets on well with Nuara in particular, feeling he can more closely relate to her than he can with the others. His mask is a Hau, and it does Hau-stuff. I have yet to buy his Toa Tool (a singularity pistol, which contracts and fragments armour on contact).
Side view Back view With Nuara

Next, Toa Cehra, of psyonics.
A Sona-Nuian by creation, though noticably younger than Denza (who's a right old geezer). She lived through the reign of the Voltaki tyrant who overthrew Sona Nui, and while she recieved little physical injury in that time, she became a strict pacifist through her experiances, showing fear behind a weapon, and a genuine care for the lives of her enemies, which naturally puts her at odds with Nuara, who sees no potential or proven murderer as worthy of mercy. Cehra hence carries no tool, and uses her powers purely defencively. She wears a mask of momentum, allowing her (or her target) to be carried further when airborne or stop suddenly to avoid self-injury.
Side view Back view Awkward moment

Then we have Vano, Toa of Sonics, the original leader of the team. He was brought into being on Waru Bazarin, a large island between Sona Nui and Waru Av, according to Ria's sketch. The island's vast stone city was overrun by Visorak after the island's protector, Makuta Vorsis, left and became De Facto Makuta of Sona Nui. One of the island's surviving Toa from the prior team led Vano, Praeton, Kirse and Amana to the island's Suva, where he was killed defending them as they transformed. A corrupted member of the last team succeeded in capturing and brainwashing Praeton and Kirse to his will, and though he initially failed to capture Vano and Amana, he set his sights on mutating them, to torture them for resisting him before disposing of them. Vano managed to overpower his captors, giving Amana a chance to escape in the ensuing disarray, though both were left with mutated spinner-launching arms (disclaimer: sets do not launch spinners). They fled the island to seek the guidance of Toa Tarthus, where they met Takal, and integrated him into their pair, essentially forming the basis for the team to come. Vano's tool is a simple bayonette for his arm, though he usually prefers to avoid combat altogether, or when that is impossible, use his surprising strength to end it quickly and non-lethally. His Volitak exhausts him rapidly when used, so he uses it rarely. He gets along better with Takal, Amana and Cehra than he does with Nuara or Denza, who he sees as being of a violent nature.

Left side Back side (unimpressive, eh? Right side Posing With Amana

Finally, Amana, Toa of water (unique for being the only conventional-element Toa in both her original team and the one she joined). She wears... well... she never uses it, so who cares? Her weapon is a concussion pistol, the shots of which dissipate accross the armour of a target, spreading across the biologial tissue into the nervous system. Enough shots will be knock out a foe, though this is heavily dependant on their size and mental strength. As such, she rarely uses it. She prefers to create a katana of flowing water, which can be very effective against more forceful foes, as their attacks and weapons are flung towards the tip if they strike the makeshift weapon, regardless of force applied, throwing fors off of their balance. Her bio is the same as Vano's, though her mutation scarrred her to such a degree that she is incapable of normal speech, though she has made one outburst since that time, though this was in a moment of shock.

Right side Left side Backside Pointing gun at stuff With Nuara

And finally: BIG TEAM PHOTO! ...minus Kural, who's not done.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 05:08 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Thats some very good work. If I have anything to suggest, Id recomend experimenting a little more on Denza. He's still great as he is, but he looks a little less streamlined compared to the others.

Ive linked your topic on a front page post for now but I hope to convert it over to a full copy when Im finished with another project.
Takal
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 10:27 AM

Toa of Thunder

Thanks, Immy. Cehra`s the only one who came out quite as planned... Is there any particular area on Denza that needs it the most? I'm not quite seeing where I could make an improvement.

Also, got this feeling I should have posted Rimara Nui in the same topic. May have buried him...
Rimara Nui
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 04:32 PM

Lord of Sona Nui

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

I see you have already made use of the new parts. Nice work Takal.
Takal
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 08:10 PM

Toa of Thunder

Thanks, Ria. I've been burning up ++ bars really fast, though. Very useful pieces, but unfortunately not all that common in sets... I may ask for/buy a few hundred on my birthday And maybe some more ball-bearings (yeah, I thought I had enough, too).
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: Dec 30 2011, 09:58 PM

Toa of Shadows

Member No.: 134

Great works, Denza is currently the best. But the arms on Vano and Amana don't fit... not in just color scheme (though if their mechanical replacements, it makes more sense), but they make Vano's right shoulder look hunched and the length isn't proportional to his left, and Amana's arm just looks out of place (I can't think of much more than that about it). You could try changing Amana's mask though I think that metru blue masks are probably a bit hard to come by (and Hali Mari's mask is probably being completly overused, hers and other variants), But overall, that's the only criticism on them, the others are just plain great (maybe even awesome), and I don't think most of them need anymore revamping (from a viewers point of vies). And what's up with Nuara's head? looks a bit strange, is that whenua Hordica's head there?
Takal
Posted: Dec 30 2011, 10:14 PM

Toa of Thunder

Thanks again, Solek, I'm pleased with the way Denza came out. Also, the arms aren't meant to fit. Mutated limbs generally behave like that. Don't see what's up with Nuara, and no-one's got a Whenua Hordika head Where are you seeing it?
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: Dec 30 2011, 11:36 PM

Toa of Shadows

Member No.: 134

Oh wait, I didn't enlarge it that's why. If you don't enlarge it, her head looks vaguely like Whenua Hordika's.
SuperNuva
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 01:07 PM

Bionigeek

Member No.: 194

These are great. I love the torsos.
Takal
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 04:05 PM

Toa of Thunder

Thanks for the comments, SuperNuva.
« Next Oldest | My Own Creations | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1134 seconds | Archive