InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

ROK Blocks - Preschool building set - Rokenbok, Rokenbok Set Review
Matoro
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 12:43 AM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Set: http://www.rokenbok.com/estore/construction/rok-blocks

Intro:
Not a LEGO set review this time around. Oh no, this is a Rokenbok set review. This set costs 20 US dollars. This is the set got as a gift for Christmas, and it isn't half bad! It is actually pretty cool! biggrin.gif

Presentation:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

The presentation of the box seems like a design you would see from a 80's LEGO box design set. Its very simple, and friendly looking. On the cover of the box you see a kid having a fun time building this ROK set. Hey, if he likes it. Then I must like it too!

Building and Playability:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I'll be honest with you, this set isn't really ment for serious MOCing, unless you have millions of these pieces! But for the set alone it is really ment to just have a fun quick build effortlessly. The instructions were very easy to follow and building the sets took about 1-2 minutes. The experience of building flowed smoothly. Now the finished design may not look great in today's standards, but with some serious imagination, you can make out what these sets are made of. They are kind of blocky, but what the heck. That is sacrifice you give if you don't want to commit for a long build. Therefore with that, I think the kiddies will have no problem building these type of toys,
If I have to describe the building structure of this set, it is like if K'NeX and LEGO had a baby, and BAM! There is Rokenbok. Because the blocks snap and connect like K'NeX, but are shaped like square blocky LEGOs!

Overall:

Pros:
- Quick Builds for quick MOCing effortlessly, but fun.
- Pieces snap together easily and very durable.
- ROK version Mini-Figs!

Pro-ish, yet Con-ish at the same time:
- It seems like a accessory set, but you can still treat it as a individual set if you don't have hordes of money to spend it on those R/C building sets.

Cons:
- Not ment for serious MOCing unless you have 20x sets! They don't give a lot of starter pieces to begin with anyway.
- The mini figs plastic quality seems lower quality than the blocks. Whatever, all that matters is that the bricks themselves are very high-quality.

My MOCs that I built under 2 minutes! Not that bad, huh? What do you think?:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
« Next Oldest | Member Review Database | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0434 seconds | Archive