InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Minecraft coming to iOS
Shadrahk
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 06:59 AM

Shadpony. Element of Shadness.

Group: Members
Member No.: 72

As reported on Gamerpro, Minecraft is coming to iOS today. I do plan on getting it.

Discuss.
Matoro
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 01:49 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Member No.: 36

Boo for minecraft! I realized I can't trade my minecraft account, because that means I have to trade in my email as well. Darn! I can't even change my email address! Like what happens if email service provider just died? Now what? Ugh! I really want to get rid of that game so badly and trade it in for a blockland account or a steam game or something.
Rimara Nui
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 04:24 PM

Lord of Sona Nui

Member No.: 7

Don't want to sound like a nasty person, but this section of the forum is meant for Bionicle or Lego news. How is this relevant to either of these?
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 04:44 PM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ive actually been thinking we should change the news forum description for news like this.
Minecraft is a 3D block building game. Having a creative nature, it makes sense that it would fit into the news section of a fansite for a building toy.
Rimara Nui
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 06:45 PM

Lord of Sona Nui

Member No.: 7

Not too sure I agree with that idea but I can see where you are coming from. I shall just return to my hibernation....
Shadrahk
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Adrninistrator @ Nov 17 2011, 10:44 AM)
Ive actually been thinking we should change the news forum description for news like this.
Minecraft is a 3D block building game. Having a creative nature, it makes sense that it would fit into the news section of a fansite for a building toy.

Eeyup.

And there was already some non Lego news in this forum. tongue.gif

Darn, the game costs more than I wanted to pay for it... Guess I'm gonna spend 6.99 on it. xD
Matoro
  Posted: Nov 17 2011, 11:21 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Member No.: 36

QUOTE (Shadrahk @ Nov 17 2011, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (Adrninistrator @ Nov 17 2011, 10:44 AM)

Eeyup.

And there was already some non Lego news in this forum. tongue.gif

Darn, the game costs more than I wanted to pay for it... Guess I'm gonna spend 6.99 on it. xD

I would trade you my account if it would let me change my email address. (How are you going to spend $7 on it, Shadrahk?

The reasons why I don't like Minecraft as of now, is because when I first purchased that game back in Sept 2010 (When it was 10 Euros = 15 US Dollars), it was still in Alpha. It wasn't well known at the time, and everything was simpler. Ever since it started getting popularity around late Nov 2010, I started hating it.
One of the main reasons is that it doesn't give you a variety of pieces (Like triangular, cone, and ball shapes.), and I find it pretty stupid that I have to craft one block for another block, for another block, to just have the same shape block, but with a different texture. sleep.gif
Another thing what I don't like about the game is that you have to start from the ground up. Using your bare fists, to eventually get a diamond pickaxe. I know, it appealed to me at first, but right now I don't have time to 'waste' my time gathering raw resources. When I could be building something right away.
Building also sucks in the game, because you only build by adding one block at a time. It is not like in LDD where you can copy a section of blocks and paste it, if your trying to make isometric creations. sad.gif

I think you should invest your money in Blockland or just build stuff in LDD (Although I wish they could add some LU mechanics like I suggested to TLC). If you buy Blockland, you have so much variety of pieces and it would be better in the long run if you don't want to waste your time gathering materials, when you could have all the bricks at your disposal. Plus it has physics!!!
The reason why I bought Minecraft at the time was because I didn't have a computer, and I was using the schools computer to play my games (Like Urban Terror, Quake, etc.). I was trying to find a building program where it doesn't take up lots of space in my flash disk. :/

This post has been edited by Matoro on Nov 17 2011, 11:28 PM
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 18 2011, 01:59 AM

Imatron

Well if you want to do survival mode and get access to roughly infinite blocks, you can run a server localy on your computer. After it sets up, shut it down and copy your world of choice's save data into the server world data slot. Then from the server control pannel you can give yourself the materials you want.

Also, I think Shadrahk is talking about Minecraft Pocket edition, which is basicaly the beta version with no survival mode and missing some of the blocks. Being the dumbed down version, they've reduced the price quite a bit. Too expensive for me though.
Shadrahk
Posted: Nov 18 2011, 06:34 AM

Yeah. I'm STILL debating 6.99 off my iTunes credit... Hmm...
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 18 2011, 02:42 PM

Imatron

If you already own PC regular minecraft, theres two ways of looking at it. A, dont pay until it goes on sale or they update it with more features, and B, buy it now in hopes our combined support of the game encourage more pocket edition updates.

Im going with C, Buy minebuilder for 1.29 XP
« Next Oldest | BIONICLEŽ News And Forum Updates | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 2.7466 seconds | Archive