Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

What are LEGO's business secrets? Help!, Involves LEGO's business.Not engineering
Matoro
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 02:05 AM

Birds R Awesome!

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

I am trying to find more information about LEGO's Logistics. Unfortunately, I keep finding irrelevant information, like "This is how LEGOs are made" Ok, that still doesn't answer my question how LEGO's SCM distribution system works in detail. I don't care about how LEGOs are made

Like I have been trying to find information on:
- The basic transportation and warehousing system used
- Third party types/businesses used in the distribution system (What company ships their LEGO sets for them (to distribute among stores like Wal-Mart and such)? What company gives them the plastic for LEGO to make their products?)
- What/who are their source of raw materials/components to build these LEGO sets?

Information that I SOMEHOW managed to find:
- Introduction to LEGO company's history and junk
- How many and where are LEGO's manufacturing sites

Does anyone know where I could find more information on LEGO's Supply Chain? Their website doesn't give a user posted image!>:( I'm serious! Why must they hide on that type of information like that?
Also, does anyone know of anyone who works for LEGO or supports LEGO from a 3rd party? I would like to do a quick interview with them.

What is this all for? It is for a research project relating to my major. I figured I could do a topic on LEGO, because that is my ALL-TIME dream job, and I want to find more information on them. But unfortunately, I am in a field that is relatively new and its difficult to find information online!

This post has been edited by Adrninistrator on Nov 14 2011, 02:55 AM
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 03:02 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I gues theres a reason The LEGO Company is keeping them secret, either that or the represenatives you are speaking to simply dont know.

I know there are some specific scams that involve, for example, shipping an ink cartidge to a company's private address and then saying "you ordered it, you gave me your private shipping to that department, pay up." There could also be the posability of supply chain interuption to steal product or swap it with counterfeits. In one example, look at the two trucks in (was it France?) carrying COD MW3. They had to have gotten the information somewhere in order to pick out the truck to hijack. Wouldnt you want your trucks kept secret with this kind of stuff going on?
Shadrahk
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 05:19 AM

Shadpony. Element of Shadness.

Member No.: 72

xD at mcninja tongue.gif

They probably won't say, because someone(Megabloks) could go to who they buy their materials from, and buy from them too, and they might be able to sell trot product even cheaper.
Matoro
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 04:17 PM

Birds R Awesome!

Member No.: 36

Hmm...This project that my professor gave us is almost impossible then. :/ It is so difficult to find information on companies, SCM related. Well, it looks like I have to research some "other" company, probably some smaller company? idk.
Adrninistrator
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 12:33 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

If you cannot get the information on those areas of the LEGO company, maybe a report on the security measures and the reasons behind why the company makes it so difficult to get would make a more interesting report?

If you do decide to pick another company, might I suggest Rokenbok.com? They sell primarily via the mail now, so they have a shipping network you can research. On top of that, you can sign up on thier forums and pm the company founder, who will usually respond in a day or two. Thier product is primarily sold as a specialty learning toy so I imagine they would be happy to help you on a school project.
« Next Oldest | Toys and Collectibles | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0803 seconds | Archive