Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forums Of Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Alexander Ultimate Runner, A Hero Recon team member
Toa Yurikk
Posted: May 31 2011, 06:52 PM

Toa of destiny!

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

As my prize for winning the infinite build category of the Legend of the Brickonicle contest I got to pick a LEGO set of around ten dollars. So I decided to try out the Hero Recon maker. As a favor Imatron asked me to review it when it got here. So here goes.

I'm going to go ahead and do a pros and cons type review 'cause thats the only kind I'm good at. tongue.gif

Pros:

I get to design him myself. A pretty obvious plus.

He looks awesome.

Hes very flexible and easy to pose. The new Hero Factory body design gives him full Inika flexibility while still being half the size.

He is a pretty descent price ($13) especially for a custom model.

The joints actually go together better than Bionicle ones.

The fact that you can make your own character and buy them directly from Lego is just plain awesome.

Cons:

His back is really ugly. Its almost as if they forgot about it entirely.

All of his armor pieces wiggle when posing him due to the new ball attachments for them. And his chest plate gets in the way of a lot of arm movements and keeps his head from turning all the way to either side.

His pieces don't have enough connections on them making him virtually un-MOC-able except for recolors of the already existing heroes.

The very limited color selection when designing a hero. I had to improvise by giving him light gray lower leg armor instead of white.

Other notes:

He is also very tiny, which isn't a bad thing.

The gray pieces I got aren't the same gray shown in the Hero Recon maker.

Thats about it. Overall I'd say hes a pretty good deal. Buying the normal Heroes from Lego gives you way more for your money but if you really want a custom character the Hero Recon maker is a good way to get one.

This post has been edited by Toa Yurikk on Jun 2 2011, 08:02 PM
Adrninistrator
Posted: Aug 31 2011, 01:44 AM

Imatron

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I really ment to have this up ages ago, but I should have it on the news soon. Can you tell me anything about the Hero Factory recon game and how it's tied to the figure?

I finaly ordered mine, and his offical name, (for lack of ability to create a better one with the limited selection) is Jimmy The Stinger. I wont see him for another month though, apparently all Hero Recon guys take 20ish days before they even ship them.

Once he's here though, after I take pictures of him, Im going to give him the overhaul the offcial set builder couldnt.

Back on topic, since he also counts as a MOC, you picked a very good colorscheme. It makes me think I should have picked silver parts for mine, but I decided to go What?! the extra large white armor to compliment all the small white armor peices I got with my pickaprick.
« Next Oldest | Member Review Database | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0562 seconds | Archive