zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to the Mask Of Destiny Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, viewing certain forums, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Roborider
Takal
Posted: May 29 2011, 09:54 PM

Toa of Thunder

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 11

Right, time for something completely different. Praeton was a nod towards the Slizer line, so this is my follow-up, a roborider. I had no idea what to call it, so we'll just call him "Nano" or "Shock" or some other meaningless catchy name.

Also, I've pictured it with Nuara 'cause Takal got the ussanui.

Motocross style (or something like that).

Interceptor mode (is anything in focus? At all?)

Assault mode (slightly better)

Shot of the top side.

The name's Nuara... Toa Nuara (Again with the grainy...)

Size comparison.

Without distractions

The bi-modal thing is operated by the piston - It springs back into shape from two positions. The stand isn't part of it.

I'll try to get better pics.
comicboy15
Posted: May 30 2011, 12:13 AM

Toa of Psychics

Group: Members
Member No.: 179

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! I love the roboriders refference! The design of the bike is boss, Technic vehicles always are. And "Shock" is really cool. The silver mask of Gali (WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER THE NAME!? AAAAUGH!) really adds a nice metallic touch to the tan toa.
Solek-Toa of Shadows
Posted: May 30 2011, 04:49 PM

Toa of Shadows

Member No.: 134

It's great, but are the wheels supposed to be that large? Maybe trying for smaller wheels could be a good idea, but otherwise, I can't find anything else that I can see that has any problem with it. Yes, it's that good.

EDIT: Or on second thought, only the front wheel needs to be smaller, or the one that isn't covered on the sides by the technic armor.

This post has been edited by Solek-Toa of Shadows on May 30 2011, 05:04 PM
Takal
Posted: May 30 2011, 08:03 PM

Toa of Thunder

Thanks for the comments, guys.

@ Solek: That's roughly proportional th the size of an old Roborider's wheels, and that's how I want it to look.

@ Comicboy: Thanks. Inspired by your topic, actually. I'm a sucker for subliminal commands. And Nuara's an earlier MOC, posting her or Takal in my pics is what I do. I'll link to her topic when I'm not on a PSP.
King of Nynrah
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 07:07 PM

Matoran

Member No.: 190

That's cool! I like the Roboriders element to it, and tan has always been a favourite colour of mine. The MOC is quite well designed too, good job!
Takal
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 11:09 PM

Toa of Thunder

Thanks, King of Nynrah.

Just to point out... Toa Nuara not included. I just needed someone to pose with the bike.
And the current version of her (small upgrades)

Yeah, I've always wanted tan as a primary. It's not particularly workable, but...

And I'm still a little entranced by roboriders, but that's just because I don't have all of them.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0952 seconds | Archive